NBA Thread

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

As we heap praise on the Pacers for winning without Vic, let's keep in mind that the Jazz did not have Donovan Mitchell either.  He is probably as, or even more, key to their success as Vic is to the Pacers. 

Yeah, this game was really a gimmee. P's are looking pretty solid though regardless.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As we heap praise on the Pacers for winning without Vic, let's keep in mind that the Jazz did not have Donovan Mitchell either.  He is probably as, or even more, key to their success as Vic is to the Pacers. 

He is a stud but he isn't their most important player. Gobert is. 

Last night was the first time both Myles and Sabonis both double-doubled since Sabonis arrived in Indy.  Guys played good, Doug has really turned it on the past two games.  They are really looking for him whenever possible and he's looked good coming off of screens and determining whether to take the jump shot or drop the ball off to the screener.  Hopefully he can keep it going.  So far so good to be 2-0 to open this 4 game western road trip.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Man, another setback for Roberson, a fracture, re-evaluated in 6 weeks. Sucks for him and the Thunder, one of the best defenders in the game and key to the Thunder being a legit contender, though they’re already playing well on both sides of the ball 

Well, that sucks.  I hate injuries dictating a season.

37 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

The Grizz are my surprise team out west. Conley is playing like an all star PG that he is, Gasol is always going to be good and Jaren Jackson has played better than I anticipated. 

Yeah Gasol hasn't been healthy, now he is. 

The real surprise, imo, is that they are playing old school, D, and are beating the system of 3-point shooting and touch fouls

29 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah Gasol hasn't been healthy, now he is. 

The real surprise, imo, is that they are playing old school, D, and are beating the system of 3-point shooting and touch fouls

You nailed it, they are heating the system of 3 point shooting and the fouls. Assuming Gasol, Conley and Jackson all stay healthy, they could for sure be a playoff team out west. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

PG with 47 points, 15-27, 15 boards, and the game winner @ Nets 

I was coming on to say congrats to PG.great game what we should have been treated to more here in Indy but....

With all that being said ESPN put a graphic up 1st time in career PG hit a go ahead shot with less 5han 10 sec.  0-14. Now 1-15. No sour grapes just fact. Give me the late game assassin everyday of the week. 

VO>PG. 😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1