NBA Thread

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was coming on to say congrats to PG.great game what we should have been treated to more here in Indy but....

With all that being said ESPN put a graphic up 1st time in career PG hit a go ahead shot with less 5han 10 sec.  0-14. Now 1-15. No sour grapes just fact. Give me the late game assassin everyday of the week. 

VO>PG. 😀😀😀😀😀

I should just leave this alone because you guys, Pacers fans, are biased and for some reason, that eludes me, keep coming back to criticizing PG and in relation to Vic. No one outside Pacers fans considers Vic greater than PG. I'm a huge Vic fan, he's my favorite Hoosier of all time, including the '76 team etc., but he's not better than PG. He has absolutely become a top player in the League, wherever you want to place him (15-20, or higher) he's a killer assassin and is better hitting closing game shots, but that doesn't make him a better player. He played with Russ and was a major disappointment. PG is shining next to Russ. Vic is also benefitting greatly from Pritchard's outstanding team building -- no more Teague -- a major, major benefit and the guy who made PG's game with the P's worse, Teague was a team killer, a me-first point guard who passes when his lane is cut off, Bird's decision to bring him in and throw out Hill was a stupid one and within his poorly considered decisions to trade way everyone, literally, who played with PG except West who left because of how pissed he was at Bird, and all team chemistry was gone. Of course PG was sick of it, no other player in his position wouldn't have been. Monte Ellis?? The team around Vic is perfectly suited to his game, that's a big part of how well he's playing. end of the day, both players are in a much better situation for their respective game. Both are excellent. That's a good thing, and I continue to fail to see why people have to take shots at PG, it's silly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I should just leave this alone because you guys, Pacers fans, are biased and for some reason, that eludes me, keep coming back to criticizing PG and in relation to Vic. No one outside Pacers fans considers Vic greater than PG. I'm a huge Vic fan, he's my favorite Hoosier of all time, including the '76 team etc., but he's not better than PG. He has absolutely become a top player in the League, wherever you want to place him (15-20, or higher) he's a killer assassin and is better hitting closing game shots, but that doesn't make him a better player. He played with Russ and was a major disappointment. PG is shining next to Russ. Vic is also benefitting greatly from Pritchard's outstanding team building -- no more Teague -- a major, major benefit and the guy who made PG's game with the P's worse, Teague was a team killer, a me-first point guard who passes when his lane is cut off, Bird's decision to bring him in and throw out Hill was a stupid one and within his poorly considered decisions to trade way everyone, literally, who played with PG except West who left because of how pissed he was at Bird, and all team chemistry was gone. Of course PG was sick of it, no other player in his position wouldn't have been. Monte Ellis?? The team around Vic is perfectly suited to his game, that's a big part of how well he's playing. end of the day, both players are in a much better situation for their respective game. Both are excellent. That's a good thing, and I continue to fail to see why people have to take shots at PG, it's silly. 

I love PG but I like to ruffle your feathers a little.  Who is the better player for 47 minutes probably PG. who do I want in crunch time VO 10 out of 10 times. If the goal is to be a good team and lose in the final seconds because you cant close PG is the man if you want a guy to get the job done the majority of the time closing out games take VO. I think PG will shine as a#2 and VO will as a #1

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I love PG but I like to ruffle your feathers a little.  Who is the better player for 47 minutes probably PG. who do I want in crunch time VO 10 out of 10 times. If the goal is to be a good team and lose in the final seconds because you cant close PG is the man if you want a guy to get the job done the majority of the time closing out games take VO. I think PG will shine as a#2 and VO will as a #1

haha, yeah you're good at ruffling my feathers -- I'll leave it here, I love Vic's game, just a fantastic young man and basketball player and couldn't ask for a better representative of IU ball. I also love PG's game -- peace out

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

haha, yeah you're good at ruffling my feathers -- I'll leave it here, I love Vic's game, just a fantastic young man and basketball player and couldn't ask for a better representative of IU ball. I also love PG's game -- peace out

I also love Pau Gasol's game........LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PG did us wrong towards the end of his tenure with my beloved Pacers, however he is/was still a hell of a player for the Pacers.  He IS still one of my favorite players.  I love Vic, he's my favorite Hoosier and one of my favorite Pacers players.  I do not like to compare the two.  I am probably one of the few PG fans left in Indy.  I am glad he is succeeding.  If Roy doesn't fizzle out so early( and plays at a high level for quite some time, I don't see West leaving like he did) and PG doesn't break his leg, I think this is a different outcome and we may never be having the arguments of "Should Sabonis be starting over Myles" or "Is Vic better than PG" because I think PG would still be hear and this team would look vastly different.  Yes PG according to stats hasn't been clutch, but he is still a hell of a ball player.  Vic is a better representative for the Pacers but PG can still ball. 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:14 PM, FKIM01 said:

I have a feeling he'll bounce back tomorrow night against the Bulls. 

Negative ghost rider. PG's pro career in a nutshell was this week. PS...the Bulls suck. No one should be losing to them. I don't recall a city having the #1 pick in 2 major sports but between Bulls and Blackhawks it could happen. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Negative ghost rider. PG's pro career in a nutshell was this week. PS...the Bulls suck. No one should be losing to them. I don't recall a city having the #1 pick in 2 major sports but between Bulls and Blackhawks it could happen. 

At least the Raiders will be picking #32!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else starting to get concerned about Victor's injury? Going on 3 weeks now with no indication of return. The good news is Pacers are now 7-4 without him. Last year Pacers were 0-7 without Vic. I see him getting shots up before games, doing drills,etc....but no news on any return. 

I read somewhere that he wasn’t going to come back until he was 100%.  He’s probably close, considering he’s doing drills and what not, but evidently not there yet.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else starting to get concerned about Victor's injury? Going on 3 weeks now with no indication of return. The good news is Pacers are now 7-4 without him. Last year Pacers were 0-7 without Vic. I see him getting shots up before games, doing drills,etc....but no news on any return. 

Seems to me his knee can't be to bad because he was doing some good dance moves on the sideline.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

"I'm paid millions and I have to do a thing!??".   Or "hard work is for other people, people that earn wages instead of playing a game".

Yeah, sounds pretty pathetic to me.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

PG followed up his big performance with a 6/16 shooting night (2/9 from 3) for 19 points and a loss to the Bulls. Had the winning basket scored on him and missed the game winner. But he was magical for one night! Back to the Gatorade commercials now. 

PG with 31 on 8-10 and 5-6 from 3 in the 3rd as the Thunder, a top team in the West, destroy the Jazz, now you can wear that PG jersey at the game with pride

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

PG with 31 on 8-10 and 5-6 from 3 in the 3rd as the Thunder, a top team in the West, destroy the Jazz, now you can wear that PG jersey at the game with pride

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. PG is really shining in OKC. Having Russ to lead the team has brought him back to the level he was at in Indy when West was leading the team. 

• Like 1