NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. PG is really shining in OKC. Having Russ to lead the team has brought him back to the level he was at in Indy when West was leading the team. 

He’s 12th in PPG at 24, leading the Thunder in scoring, 3rd in steals, leading the Thunder, and 3rd in 3-pointers made. He’s having a great season so far, now that Melo is gone, and the 1-2 punch with Westbrook that has the Thunder a top West team. West was the leader in many ways of those P squads,  but PG was the lead scorer and the 2-way player that fought Miami in those 2 conf finals. PG may be more a Pippen than an MJ, but he was the P’s franchise player and a great player overall for the P’s before Bird screwed up the roster, it’s good for the P’s that Bird’s hands are no longer involved. 

For the P’s, looking forward to seeing Vic back hopefully soon 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He’s 12th in PPG at 24, leading the Thunder in scoring, 3rd in steals, leading the Thunder, and 3rd in 3-pointers made. He’s having a great season so far, now that Melo is gone, and the 1-2 punch with Westbrook that has the Thunder a top West team. West was the leader in many ways of those P squads,  but PG was the lead scorer and the 2-way player that fought Miami in those 2 conf finals. PG may be more a Pippen than an MJ, but he was the P’s franchise player and a great player overall for the P’s before Bird screwed up the roster, it’s good for the P’s that Bird’s hands are no longer involved. 

I agree he is better in the Pippen role than MJ. He's really flourishing in the current set up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You’re right, he’s a great 2 in a 1-2 punch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Nope. The sour grapes on this board is comical.

What sour grapes do you speak of? PG is better suited as Robin to Russ Batman, and VIC is more suited to be the Superman of the Pacers.  Win win for everyone. No sour grapes I still root for PG and love seeing him do well. Each players is in a better situation after the trade.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What sour grapes do you speak of? PG is better suited as Robin to Russ Batman, and VIC is more suited to be the Superman of the Pacers.  Win win for everyone. No sour grapes I still root for PG and love seeing him do well. Each players is in a better situation after the trade.

Lol, the sour grapes are the continuing pot shots at PG whenever there is an opportunity, it's like spurned, catty girlfriends here. Not directed at you, just the now usual post when PG has an off game, while ignoring everything he's doing, including leading the Thunder in scoring to the top of the West.

Thing is with the ""Robin" thing, you can't take Vic on the current Pacers -- which are significantly different than the P's PG left --and draw that direct comparison. This is not the team PG was on. Put Teague as the point and Vic's numbers would be significantly different. And PG, as the P's franchise player, was the primary guy in those 2 EC finals series against LeBron. He was not "Robin." 

On the Thunder, that's Russ's team for sure, but PG is now the leading scorer and leads in steals, it's not really a "Robin" role, it's a team with two stars, like Shaq/Kobe, etc.  Right, PG and Vic are in better situations for both of them, but calling PG a "Robin" is just another way to be dismissive.

PG's "stats" at this point in the season:

24.3 ppg (12th in League), 7.8 boards, 4.3 assists, 56 total and 2.24 spg (1st in League), Thunder at 17-8 in 1st in West. That's some Robin.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol, the sour grapes are the continuing pot shots at PG whenever there is an opportunity, it's like spurned, catty girlfriends here. Not directed at you, just the now usual post when PG has an off game, while ignoring everything he's doing, including leading the Thunder in scoring to the top of the West.

Thing is with the ""Robin" thing, you can't take Vic on the current Pacers -- which are significantly different than the P's PG left --and draw that direct comparison. This is not the team PG was on. Put Teague as the point and Vic's numbers would be significantly different. And PG, as the P's franchise player, was the primary guy in those 2 EC finals series against LeBron. He was not "Robin." 

On the Thunder, that's Russ's team for sure, but PG is now the leading scorer and leads in steals, it's not really a "Robin" role, it's a team with two stars, like Shaq/Kobe, etc.  Right, PG and Vic are in better situations for both of them, but calling PG a "Robin" is just another way to be dismissive.

I agree with a lot of that sentiment. VO did not shine with the Thunder I feel he is better suited and wants the ball and the pressure. PG is a great player but being the man is not the best role for him IMO. Not a bash in any way, no more so than its a bash on VO for me saying he could not excel with Russ.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with a lot of that sentiment. VO did not shine with the Thunder I feel he is better suited and wants the ball and the pressure. PG is a great player but being the man is not the best role for him IMO. Not a bash in any way, no more so than its a bash on VO for me saying he could not excel with Russ.

PG is a very good player but glad the Pacers Traded him because to me he was not about the team but what was best for him.  When he told the team he wouldn't play PF it made me realize he wouldn't do what the team thought was best but what he thought was best for him.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yeah I understand, I'm just saying it's not a direct comparison -- fwiw, I think Vic could shine very well in another situation as the off-guard with a different elite point who looks to share more (Westbrook was a bad fit for him, particularly at that time, when Westbrook was taking too many 3's -- Russ has finally changed his game to reduce his 3-point shots and move the ball to the hot hand from the arc more). I don't buy into the Robin thing, I see it as more situational, PG can be a franchise player with the right team around him and team playing style, or he can be one of a one-two or a one-two-three punch in the right system and with the right guys. Right now, playing with Russ, with whom he has really bonded, is the right situation. Vic's situation ion the P's is perfect for his game, but put him on Boston, and I'd bet he'd shine there too, as one of several elite scorers. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

PG is a very good player but glad the Pacers Traded him because to me he was not about the team but what was best for him.  When he told the team he wouldn't play PF it made me realize he wouldn't do what the team thought was best but what he thought was best for him.

I understand that sentiment, but it was Bird demanding he play PF right after PG came back from a year-long injury that could've ended his career. Name another elite player who would be fine with that. There isn't one. It was an incredibly stupid move by Bird, and Bird is now gone too, for good reason, and the P's are, clearly, doing a lot better with Bird no longer calling the shots. Pritchard is flat out better for the Pacers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

PG's "stats" at this point in the season:

24.3 ppg (12th in League), 7.8 boards, 4.3 assists, 56 total and 2.24 spg (1st in League), Thunder at 17-8 in 1st in West. That's some Robin.

The digs at PG have nothing to do with him.  Every Pacer fan on here has moved on.  They digs at PG on this board are purely in jest, with the intent to get you fired up because of your man-crush on him.  The Paul George jabs are nothing more than a running joke, similar to all my ex-wives.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The digs at PG have nothing to do with him.  Every Pacer fan on here has moved on.  They digs at PG on this board are purely in jest, with the intent to get you fired up because of your man-crush on him.  The Paul George jabs are nothing more than a running joke, similar to all my ex-wives.  

Mission accomplished...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I understand that sentiment, but it was Bird demanding he play PF right after PG came back from a year-long injury that could've ended his career. Name another elite player who would be fine with that. There isn't one. It was an incredibly stupid move by Bird, and Bird is now gone too, for good reason, and the P's are, clearly, doing a lot better with Bird no longer calling the shots. Pritchard is flat out better for the Pacers.

To me the players are the employees and you do what your boss wants you to do. If I decided I did not like what my boss asked me to do I have two options do what they ask or look for another job.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

:D 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I've moved on because I said the very first day the trade was made (as a couple others did on this board) that we won the trade. With that said...my digs at PG are purely at him and his agents. They handled a departure as poorly as possible. I'll never forget him for that...and judging on how he handled LA and his last move this offseason...he's 0-2 in handling things correctly. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I've moved on because I said the very first day the trade was made (as a couple others did on this board) that we won the trade. With that said...my digs at PG are purely at him and his agents. They handled a departure as poorly as possible. I'll never forget him for that...and judging on how he handled LA and his last move this offseason...he's 0-2 in handling things correctly. 

I think Hoopster is his agent.