NBA Thread

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Cody broke his hand.  

My favorite was last night when someone on twitter immediately said he's out for the year and plenty blew up and took the bait. Finally someone asked how,etc....and of course the guy said because this year only has 4 more hours in it. 

Joking aside hate it for him. Anyone know timeline on return?

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My favorite was last night when someone on twitter immediately said he's out for the year and plenty blew up and took the bait. Finally someone asked how,etc....and of course the guy said because this year only has 4 more hours in it. 

Joking aside hate it for him. Anyone know timeline on return?

I have not seen anything on how long it will be of when he returns none of the Charlotte Observer sports writers have said but I'll keep looking.

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ah the moronic fan voting for the All Star game continues. Among the "top" vote getters so far:

Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, Vince Carter and, though 10th among WC frontcourt players -- Cousins, who hasn't played a single game in 12 months. 

Fan voting. Classic stuff.

I understand wanting the fans to feel involved, but their votes should not count in any of the sports All-Star games.  I know this is the NBA thread, but case in point is Darius Leonard not making the Pro Bowl.

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

the fan vote for both the NBA and NFL will forever be silly.  Vince Carter for goodness sakes was in the top 7 I believe for Frontcourt, that's ridiculous!  Regardless if it is his last season or not. 

Same for Rose, ahead of Harden. The fan vote is a complete joke. At least it's been reduced to 50% this year, with 25% media and 25% coaches. The funny thing there though is that D Wade could well get in the game, as the players will probably give him votes as a send off -- and that means that once again some very deserving player will get hosed, so maybe not that funny.

Right now Jamal Murray is nowhere in the votes -- but he's having a terrific year and leading the West Conf leading Nuggets. That's pathetic -- courtesy of the fan voting. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Same for Rose, ahead of Harden. The fan vote is a complete joke. At least it's been reduced to 50% this year, with 25% media and 25% coaches. The funny thing there though is that D Wade could well get in the game, as the players will probably give him votes as a send off -- and that means that once again some very deserving player will get hosed, so maybe not that funny.

Right now Jamal Murray is nowhere in the votes -- but he's having a terrific year and leading the West Conf leading Nuggets. That's pathetic -- courtesy of the fan voting. 

Agree, I think it should be 25% fans, and split it down the middle for media and coaches for the remaining 75%.  I am fine with Wade making it, however I agree that very good players get hosed especially smaller market teams.  Rose shouldn't be above Harden. 

I wish they would go back to 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Agree, I think it should be 25% fans, and split it down the middle for media and coaches for the remaining 75%.  I am fine with Wade making it, however I agree that very good players get hosed especially smaller market teams.  Rose shouldn't be above Harden. 

I wish they would go back to 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. 

I'd actually like to see a change to best 24 players, and maybe even regardless of conference. We're in the era of positionless basketball, there aren't that many "centers" and some guys are slotted at guard who play small forward and vice versa. Of course, the modern "3" is basically a "2" on the other side of the floor, in many schemes.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, IU Scott said:

I think VO needs to change the way he plays that will allow everyone to stay involved in the game especially at the end of the game.  So far this year I feel like the team has played way better without VO and has been more entertaining to watch

Just checked this thread for the first time in a couple weeks to comment on Vic’s OT buzzer beater tonight, and this was the first post I saw, hahaha

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. When did Jimmy Butler think he became the 2nd coming? Wouldn't be surprised if Philly tries to deal him. 3 teams. 3 times he's had problems with his role. 

I love it. Seeing things like this make me love the Pacer roster even more. I heard a so called NBA expert pick the Pacers to represent the East in the finals.  He felt they were too solid all around to lose 4 out of 7. Said they were the most complete team in the East

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. When did Jimmy Butler think he became the 2nd coming? Wouldn't be surprised if Philly tries to deal him. 3 teams. 3 times he's had problems with his role. 

If I was a NBA Owner/GM/Coach, he wouldn't be on my team if he offered to play for $1.

• Like 1