NBA Thread

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I love it. Seeing things like this make me love the Pacer roster even more. I heard a so called NBA expert pick the Pacers to represent the East in the finals.  He felt they were too solid all around to lose 4 out of 7. Said they were the most complete team in the East

Kind of the way I'm looking at it as well. Toronto/Bucks/us and I still think Celtics by end of year. We've beat them all. See no reason Pacers can't be in the Eastern Conference Finals and win. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Would love it if he was traded to OKC. That train wreck would be a pleasure to watch. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. When did Jimmy Butler think he became the 2nd coming? Wouldn't be surprised if Philly tries to deal him. 3 teams. 3 times he's had problems with his role. 

Butler’s been a cancer for several years now. He’s taken over the No. 1 headcase title, from Rondo. Thunder wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole, they already had their train  wreck with Melo and are playing great ball.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I love it. Seeing things like this make me love the Pacer roster even more. I heard a so called NBA expert pick the Pacers to represent the East in the finals.  He felt they were too solid all around to lose 4 out of 7. Said they were the most complete team in the East

Boston has the most talent and may still pull it together, but right now Pacers and Toronto are the top 2. Pacers really don’t have any weaknesses, and they’re confident and hungry. The Esst is weak after the top 4-5, but the playoffs are going to be great this year. Go P’s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Butler’s been a cancer for several years now. He’s taken over the No. 1 headcase title, from Rondo. Thunder wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole, they already had their train  wreck with Melo and are playing great ball.

That's why I was thinking of them. Any organization that would take on Melo might be dumb enough to try again. My biggest issue is these players force where they want to go all the time. I just don't see Butler being with Philly by seasons end. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Boston has the most talent and may still pull it together, but right now Pacers and Toronto are the top 2. Pacers really don’t have any weaknesses, and they’re confident and hungry. The Esst is weak after the top 4-5, but the playoffs are going to be great this year. Go P’s

Jeff Van Gundy was really singing the Pacers praises the other morning. Was kind of nice to hear some national folks doing that for a change.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's why I was thinking of them. Any organization that would take on Melo might be dumb enough to try again. My biggest issue is these players force where they want to go all the time. I just don't see Butler being with Philly by seasons end. 

Not happening. Thunder made a mistake with Melo for sure, but they’re rolling and very good now, and they don’t even have Roberson back yet 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Jeff Van Gundy was really singing the Pacers praises the other morning. Was kind of nice to hear some national folks doing that for a change.

I’m on my phone and can’t link, but there’s a story on espn’s nba page now all in on the P’s. If I were Boston or Toronto, i’d Want to keep my distance from the P’s

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. When did Jimmy Butler think he became the 2nd coming? Wouldn't be surprised if Philly tries to deal him. 3 teams. 3 times he's had problems with his role. 

I know exactly what his role is..........disruption.

I am happy that Rose seems to have revived his career and found a new niche.  He has become a very good long range shooter and has his explosion back.  Hopefully he will have no serious setbacks and his ankle is short term injury..  I am not going to say Rose deserves to win the all star voting but does it really matter.   He is having a really nice season that is borderline deserving if not of an All -Star selection.  I'm sure the ones who truly deserve to go will get chosen by the coaches if not voted in. By the time the game rolls around several players will drop due to injury.   

I don't think Wade or VC should go though.  Fans who have appreciated their career can show that appreciation in road games.  Dirk has been getting an amazing reception in road games.  These players wiil all get their lifetime achievement recognition when they are inducted to the HOF. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KDB said:

Coming from a Lakers fan..

Lonzo needs to improve, period.

But I’m not ready to label him as a bust.

He does lots of good things for us, but is wildly inconsistent. 

Saw he was Shaquille O'Neil-awful from the line and wondered.  I haven't followed him much but wondered if he was worth the lottery pick.

2 hours ago, KDB said:

Coming from a Lakers fan..

Lonzo needs to improve, period.

But I’m not ready to label him as a bust.

He does lots of good things for us, but is wildly inconsistent. 

Yeah, his shot is largely a bust, at this point, but he's talented. I think he was over-rated coming in, drafted too high, but I don't think it's fair to call him a bust. That shot and his horrendous free throw shooting needs work though.

So Myles Turner is very important to the Pacers, especially on the defensive end.  His presence is surely missed.  Sabonis fills in quite well, however Myles is on another level on the defensive side of the ball compared to Sabonis.  Don't get me wrong, I love Sabonis but that just isn't his game.  I would love if Sabonis improved defensively during this upcoming offseason.