NBA Thread

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Kyrie is a great scorer, Vic is a great player. 

How does Kyrie help a team win if he isn't scoring?

I don’t know, his teams have done nothing but win the last 4 seasons, and it will be 5 this year, including a title in which he outplayed a 2-time MVP. He is a scorer, but he’s an efficient one. Both Vic and Kyrie are great players. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I don’t know, his teams have done nothing but win the last 4 seasons, and it will be 5 this year, including a title in which he outplayed a 2-time MVP. He is a scorer, but he’s an efficient one. Both Vic and Kyrie are great players. 

I don't disagree that they're both great, I just disagree he is better. He's a point guard who is a bad distributor and a bad defender. 

And he was playing with LeBron and last year his team didn't miss a beat without him. Hard to really convince anyone his team did that because of him no matter what he did in a single playoff series. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't disagree that they're both great, I just disagree he is better. He's a point guard who is a bad distributor and a bad defender. 

And he was playing with LeBron and last year his team didn't miss a beat without him. Hard to really convince anyone his team did that because of him no matter what he did in a single playoff series. 

Kyrie has played solid defense since he’s been in Boston. He plays major minutes on the best defensive team in the league.  Also, Cleveland did get worse when Kyrie left. They weren’t nearly as good last season as they were the previous three seasons. If Kyrie had been healthy the Celtics would have won that series. 

Should we focus some of this discussion on Vic maybe too? For a #2 pick you could call his career a disappointment prior to last season. He was unable to gel with Westbrook when he had a chance to play with another All-Star and I believe was coming off the bench some his last year in Orlando. 

I know the Knicks and Bulls suck....but to win those road games, come home and beat Celtics in that fashion all the while Victor has been horribly sick all week....pretty impressive even if it is 1 of 82. Nice week for the Pacers. How many game winning shots is that now for Vic? Guy is clutch at $ time.

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

After Saturday nights game clinching shot, the pacers are now 13-2 when games are decided by 3 points or less since acquiring Victor.  That is what a closer does.  He makes big time shots and his energy and love for the game trickle downs the bench from him all the way down to the ball boys. 

Vic's doing fantastic as a closer, no doubt.

Also, Jeff Teague is no longer running point. That itself makes the Pacers better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Even though Pacers are leading again it is confusing why we start so slow. Did last year as well. Oh well. I like what I'm seeing.

I've got a crazy energy theory lol. I feel like we conserve energy and just trust our second unit. Noticed how Vic always starts slow and seems to go off in the 4th? Leads the league in crunch time. 

Edited by ADegenerate

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Call the game even and that doesn't matter. 

That will never happen in the NBA. We are a small market team with none of the big name stars the media and the nba want in the spot light. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is. For the life of me I don' understand why the players on the court can't decide the outcome of a game instead of the officials. It happens in the NBA and the NFL.