NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I admit don't follow the NBA much but it does seem the Pacers have been just fine without Vic. So do they and Vic adjust to making it less of a VO show and more of a team show now that he is coming back?

Will be interesting to see. They certainly have tonight in the limited minutes victor has been in there. 

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Will be interesting to see. They certainly have tonight in the limited minutes victor has been in there. 

From an outside perspective it does seem a more balanced approach is the better approach. Will be interesting as you say, seems like Vic is the kind of up and coming superstar that would back off to make the team better. Could make the Pacers a real player if they truly take advantage!

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Win of the year so far for the Pacers. Bucks made several runs but we controlled the game throughout. Somehow manage a win in philly on Friday and the confidence will be soaring.

Don't get to say this often but great team defense by Pacers won this one. PS...Yogi had 17 points in 16 minutes of action last night. Bryant with 8 and 6 and only Wizards starter with net positive when on floor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't get to say this often but great team defense by Pacers won this one. PS...Yogi had 17 points in 16 minutes of action last night. Bryant with 8 and 6 and only Wizards starter with net positive when on floor.

Interesting thread on a Kings board.  Their fans are befuddled with how Yogi has been used (not) this season.  

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/yogi.70679/

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Interesting thread on a Kings board.  Their fans are befuddled with how Yogi has been used (not) this season.  

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/yogi.70679/

Thanks for posting. Seems to be a common theme with some of our former guys.....Bryant, Yogi, Williams, OG...nice to see fans appreciate the talent and desire these guys have.

Pacers defense efficiency last three years when guarding Giannis(aka Thaddeus Young):

Thad Young -  91.8 points per 100 possessions for the Bucks when Thad is guarding Giannis Antetokounmpo in last three years

All others -  114.4 points per 100 possessions for the Bucks when others guard Giannis Antetokounmpo in last three years

Thad Young can play helluva defense. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Pacers defense efficiency last three years when guarding Giannis(aka Thaddeus Young):

Thad Young -  91.8 points per 100 possessions for the Bucks when Thad is guarding Giannis Antetokounmpo in last three years

All others -  114.4 points per 100 possessions for the Bucks when others guard Giannis Antetokounmpo in last three years

Thad Young can play helluva defense. 

Thad is really underrated. He does so many things that impact winning. 

• Like 1

OK this is funny:

HOUSTON -- The Los Angeles Lakers found themselves so frustrated by the officiating in the second half of Thursday's 126-111 loss to the Houston Rockets that several players, LeBron James and Lonzo Ball among them, purposely held their hands behind their backs on a series of defensive possessions to make a point to the referees.

58 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

OK this is funny:

HOUSTON -- The Los Angeles Lakers found themselves so frustrated by the officiating in the second half of Thursday's 126-111 loss to the Houston Rockets that several players, LeBron James and Lonzo Ball among them, purposely held their hands behind their backs on a series of defensive possessions to make a point to the referees.

I didn't see much of a discrepancy in the box score concerning fouls.  Looked like a tight game going into the 4th?

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

OK this is funny:

I find it funny that Labron is complaining about the lack of calls when he has been getting all the calls for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I didn't see much of a discrepancy in the box score concerning fouls.  Looked like a tight game going into the 4th?

Not a big discrepancy and Houston was actually called for more fouls, but that's only part of the story. In fairness, Harden gets a ridiculous number of calls, all the time, and especially in Houston, by driving into defenders and flailing his arms. Of course LeBron often gets the benefit of calls as star treatment, but the Harden thing is really ridiculous and has gotten to this point, where several players on a team put their hands behind them to try to get the refs to stop it. In fairness, they have a point.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not a big discrepancy and Houston was actually called for more fouls, but that's only part of the story. In fairness, Harden gets a ridiculous number of calls, all the time, and especially in Houston, by driving into defenders and flailing his arms. Of course LeBron often gets the benefit of calls as star treatment, but the Harden thing is really ridiculous and has gotten to this point, where several players on a team put their hands behind them to try to get the refs to stop it. In fairness, they have a point.

Not a LBJ fan but I think he does not always get the benefit of the doubt. Harden that's another level, he is in rarified Air with MJ in those regards.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not a LBJ fan but I think he does not always get the benefit of the doubt. Harden that's another level, he is in rarified Air with MJ in those regards.

I agree. LBJ probably gets the benefit of the doubt the majority of the time, but he also gets fouled pretty hard with no call a lot too. He has a bit of Shaq effect to him too. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pacers just absorbed an incredible Embiid first half and won in Philly. Time to stop doubting this team. 

6th straight win with back to back wins against Milwaukee and Phily.  It is funny that 19-10 record in the NBA is considered a very good record but in college it would only be considered and descent season at IU.

8 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pacers just absorbed an incredible Embiid first half and won in Philly. Time to stop doubting this team. 

Really impressive run the Pacers are on. Getting Vic back and others keep contributing. I think Toronto is probably best in East....and I'm sure some will still say wonder boy will have him team up top this spring but these two wins this week (Bucks, 76ers) and how we finished each game....shows we are as good as anyone in the East. 

Ballard will get more attention because it's still a Colts/NFL town but Kevin Pritchard should start getting some serious run as well. Phenomenally deep team. Carefully pieced together while not being a destination spot for high end free agents( that might change).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OG has not had the type of impact for the Raptors that I expected this season.  He's clearly fallen behind Siakam in the rotation as well.

My limited understanding is Siakam is playing 4 and OG 3 this season. Addition of Kawhi is the only reason he's lost minutes. Pretty weird situation though. I would think OG and Kawhi could operate on same floor. Guess not. Oh well...I'll gladly take OG for Pacers in 2 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

6th straight win with back to back wins against Milwaukee and Phily.  It is funny that 19-10 record in the NBA is considered a very good record but in college it would only be considered and descent season at IU.

Right. It's almost like the NBA is more competitive. 

• Haha 1