NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I hope he didnt fracture his knee cap. He couldnt bend his leg then he panicked after he pulled down his knee pad and saw it.

I just watched the play and Quinn Buckner said “It’s his knee cap, you can see it.”  Not sure if dislocated or fractured but not good.  Hope he’s alright.

From ESPN

Indiana Pacers All-Star guard Victor Oladipo was taken off the court on a stretcher with what the team called a "serious injury to his right knee" during the first half of Wednesday night's home game against the Toronto Raptors.

Oladipo will undergo an MRI on Thursday and an update will be provided then, the team said.

A preliminary examination left the Pacers with the fear that the injury is season-ending and will require surgery, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Trainers quickly put a towel over the leg, and players from both teams surrounded Oladipo. Fans gave him a standing ovation as he was carted off the floor on a stretcher.

45 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Damn that’s awful. Hope it’s not that serious.

Man, just read through the above, have been off tv and Internet and didn’t see his injury. Thoughts out to Vic 

So Cody is out, O.G. has some personal business going on, and now this with Vic.  We are cursed...we have to be.

Prayers to Vic.  

• Like 1

was at the game, saw him running up the court for the chase down, then falls to the ground.  bankers life was dead silent, you could have dropped a quarter in the balcony and heard it anywhere in the arena.  My guess is a broken or dislocated knee cap.  Regardless probably a 10 month rehab, so IF he was to return say in November the team would take it easy for a bit like they did with PG when he returned for a handful of games.    Now what does Kevin Pritchard do?  Stand pat and ride the current team(Bojan/Thad/Tyreke/Cory/Collison) all are free agents next year so by them having to pick up scoring it'll only drive up the cost to resign them if we choose.  Or do they try and make a trade for a bigger name player that is under contract for a few more years?  Does this injury derail any chance of a legit player wanting to come to Indy next year to play?  Who knows   

Why do bad things/injuries happen to Indy's best players.  Started with Peyton Manning, then Paul George, then Andrew Luck and now Victor. 

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

IU curse. Knee cap maybe.

I think I am the curse because every team I cheer for seem to have a lot of injuries, Pacers, IU, and the Colts.  I was  watching the game last night and my daughter called so I talked to her for a few minutes and when I came back that was when they was taking him off on the stretcher.

Edited by IU Scott

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think I am the curse because every team I cheer for seem to have a lot of injuries, Pacers, IU, and the Colts.  I was  watching the game last night and my daughter called so I talked to her for a few minutes and when I came back that was when they was taking him off on the stretcher.

OG will be back Friday, anyway. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/raptors-og-anunoby-will-return-friday/

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I found it....it was '96.  He was out 3 weeks heading into the play offs.  His orbital bone got broke.  

Remember that because it was against Atlanta in the first round and he missed the first 4 games of the series.  The series going into game 5 was tied 2-2 and Reggie came out and played but we lost that game and the series

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember that because it was against Atlanta in the first round and he missed the first 4 games of the series.  The series going into game 5 was tied 2-2 and Reggie came out and played but we lost that game and the series

Yeah, and he was wearing a "mask".