NBA Thread

20 minutes ago, rico said:

I found it....it was '96.  He was out 3 weeks heading into the play offs.  His orbital bone got broke.  

He also played on a "gimpy" leg against MJ in those late 90's playoffs when they had their epic battle and Regg scored over MJ in Game 6, after the vintage push off, to take it to Game 7. Regg was one tough dude, skinny, stringy, but tough.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Let me know on that MRI that I'm assuming was done first thing this morning if not last night. 

still nothing as of noon today sadly. Pacers felt that he didn't need an MRI last night, instead let him be with family and friends, rest and get one today. Possible news conference at 1pm today to discuss Oladipo news, but nothing has been confirmed

Edited by dwtaylor1055

20 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

still nothing as of noon today sadly. Pacers felt that he didn't need an MRI last night, instead let him be with family and friends, rest and get one today. Possible news conference at 1pm today to discuss Oladipo news, but nothing has been confirmed

I feel the same way about Vic's situation as I did about PG's. Just awful. But not giving up. PG dealt with a great deal of adversity and difficulty to get back to a top player in the NBA. Vic clearly has an incredible work ethic and positive drive. Whatever the news, I have confidence in Vic returning to form even if it's a full year deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

I feel the same way about Vic's situation as I did about PG's. Just awful. But not giving up. PG dealt with a great deal of adversity and difficulty to get back to a top player in the NBA. Vic clearly has an incredible work ethic and positive drive. Whatever the news, I have confidence in Vic returning to form even if it's a full year deal.

I agree.  I still love Paul.  Once Vic is back, he will be even stronger and better.  It could just end up being a rough year or so until he returns.  Maybe we are lucky and it is a dislocated knee cap.  I trust Pritchard and company will  make the right decisions moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

lol, I truthfully didn't know.

According to Boston Sports Medicine:

Partella tendon attaches to the tibial tubercle on the front of the tibia just below front of the knee.  It also attaches to the bottom of the knee cap, so this is going from the bottom of the knee cap to the shin. 

When a quad tendon ruptures, the patella loses its anchoring support in the thigh to the knee cap.  So this is going from the thigh to the top of the knee cap 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

it took Tony Parker roughly 6 months to come back from his injury like this, Vic is younger though but everyone heals different.  Andre Roberson is almost one year from his injury and still not playing. 

Yes though Roberson was back on the court practicing and getting ready to play earlier this year, and then had a fracture after a workout, thus setting him back again.

Pacers are going to be damn sure he's ready before he comes back.  Parker may have come back in 6 months, but he's a different style player with a different role.  I think we could be looking after the all star break next season and would not be surprised if he waited until the start of '20-'21.

• Like 1