Jump to content

NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it looks like the Nets will be signing Irving, Durant and DeAndre Jordan as well as Garrett Temple

That is what Woj is reporting. Kyrie was expected, and the reports had grown that Durant was going there as well, but this is still pretty wacky, KD leaving GS to pair with Kyrie after the lousy and extremely disappointing season he just had. Jordan’s a decent addition.

Now the Nets should a player after next season. Don’t see them as a real contender next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That is what Woj is reporting. Kyrie was expected, and the reports had grown that Durant was going there as well, but this is still pretty wacky, KD leaving GS to pair with Kyrie after the lousy and extremely disappointing season he just had. Jordan’s a decent addition.

Now the Nets should a player after next season. Don’t see them as a real contender next season. 

I know you really like the NBA so I ask you this do you think this kind of movement is good for the NBA.  To me things like this is why I have lost so much interest in the NBA the last 10 or so years.  Teams like the Jazz who got Stockton and Malone and was able to keep that team together for years and to me that was good for the league.  The Pacers were able to keep their nucleus together for years and was able to compete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Plus Jeremy Lamb

Really happy about the Brogdon/Lamb addition. Hate losing Bojan....but they snapped back pretty quick. My limited knowledge seems like Pacers just said they would rather have Turner and those 2 guys instead of keeping Bojan and not getting others. That make sense? I'm feeling pretty good with these moves. Probably wrong on my part. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really happy about the Brogdon/Lamb addition. Hate losing Bojan....but they snapped back pretty quick. My limited knowledge seems like Pacers just said they would rather have Turner and those 2 guys instead of keeping Bojan and not getting others. That make sense? I'm feeling pretty good with these moves. Probably wrong on my part. 

Is Thad def gone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know you really like the NBA so I ask you this do you think this kind of movement is good for the NBA.  To me things like this is why I have lost so much interest in the NBA the last 10 or so years.  Teams like the Jazz who got Stockton and Malone and was able to keep that team together for years and to me that was good for the league.  The Pacers were able to keep their nucleus together for years and was able to compete.

I don’t like the way certain stars, including Durant, jump around chasing money and pairing up. 

But for every Durant there’s a Westbrook, a Lillard, etc. who have been their respective team franchise player for many years and are clearly loyal to their respective teams.

The Pacers have done their fare share of major trades ad moves over multiple years and decades. Bird moved the whole Nucleus after the one trip they had to the finals (the Davis bros, Rose etc). Bird traded or lost every single player PG had played with. There was Jackson. There were all kinds of trades and shuffles - but it was Reggie’s team and he played his entire 18-year career there, and they built around him. I didn’t like the moves that traded away the Davis bros etc but then that team later would have been a finals team but for Artest’s stupidity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Plus Jeremy Lamb

Had  not heard about Lamb since I have been talking on the phone the last 45 minutes.  Sounds like two really good pickups especially Brogdon.  I had seen one guy on YouTube predict the Pacers getting Brogdon and I was in favor of it.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can any of the diehard NBA guys/gals/fans let us know about Pacers moves? Seems to me on surface pretty good. Tough spot to navigate contracts,etc...but getting a proven scorer in Brogdon, add Lamb....seems good on paper. 

I am not a real die hard NBA fan but a Pacer fan and I like the Brogdon move because he is just a really good shooter and plays very smart.  He is not a flashing player but he just knows how to play the game and can really shoot the ball.  I also like the Warren pickup on draft night because he can be a 3 or stretch 4 who also can shoot well from 3.  I would think Lamb would start at the 2 until VO gets back and should do a fine job until VO gets back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Texas and Atlanta and Miami have the same state politics as Indiana...zero to do with free agents. We can get NFL free agents...stars want to play with other stars on teams that prove that they will put together a winner. Pacers won’t spend and that is #1 reason. I don’t think players are upset at the lack of night life...it’s there in Indy...and those veterans that have played here love the city and schools etc...we just need show we are willing to spend and be aggressive.

Indiana is very heavily entrenched in conservative politics; I think that's what they were getting at. This state also has a reputation for operating about 20-30 years behind the rest of the world.

 

Basically, it's flyover territory. How many people who live in California, Texas or Florida take vacations to Indiana?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not popular but I'm with the Knicks on this Durant injury and max deal.  At 36, he'll be more valuable than a 36 year old cp3 but that won't be a championship team.  Probably ever.  Kyrie, not a true leader.  Jordan?  It's just not his era, 15 years too late.  

Even as dysfunctional as the Knicks are I get why this specific contract wasn't extended. Of course much like IU basketball....after a couple of decades your fans want something. Anything. Especially in pro game. I'm not a Durant fan so I feel very, very confident in saying this. Kyrie and Durant is pure train wreck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Even as dysfunctional as the Knicks are I get why this specific contract wasn't extended. Of course much like IU basketball....after a couple of decades your fans want something. Anything. Especially in pro game. I'm not a Durant fan so I feel very, very confident in saying this. Kyrie and Durant is pure train wreck. 

Totally agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...