NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Jimmy Butler is going to Miami in a sign and trade.  Al Hortford to Philly

Philly won't get much help with the sign and trade.  Gotta think with them losing the best of their backcourt and only adding Horford,  pacers passed them back today.  Think we contend with bucks, celtics are good and may blossom but they lose terry and kyrie and horford, add Kemba.  Khawi, what are you doing? 

Pacers could be in the thick.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Mile beat me with Bryant news.  😝 But only by forty minutes.  LOL

Snooze.  And you lose.   Love ya man. Thanks so much for being a participating member of our little forum.  It's guys like you, and others that make HSN great.

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Indiana is very heavily entrenched in conservative politics; I think that's what they were getting at. This state also has a reputation for operating about 20-30 years behind the rest of the world.

Basically, it's flyover territory. How many people who live in California, Texas or Florida take vacations to Indiana?

But the politics are just as conservative if not more in many other states. I have family that live both in Florida and Texas and we see Georgia and the heartbeat bill. Indiana is not outside the main stream as far as politics for half the country. Some people think everything between NY (East coast) and LA (California) as fly over states. Those that have lived everywhere in between know that there is plenty of beauty and wonderful people and pockets of the same culture the coasts boast but I don’t think Indy is 30 years behind....these major metropolitan areas like Indy are more similar to NY than they are say to the rural cornfields and coal country that make up large parts of the state... and that’s where these guys will spend their time.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Warriors are going to have to dump Iguodala. Pritchard pick up the phone.  2nd round draft picks go go go.

Scratch that. that old man's making 16 million a year

Memphis.  Idiots.  Just gave 3 future 1st rounders for a 35 year old.  Smh

Edit.  So it's the warriors sending 3 future 1st rounders with iggy.  Changes everything lol.

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can any of the diehard NBA guys/gals/fans let us know about Pacers moves? Seems to me on surface pretty good. Tough spot to navigate contracts,etc...but getting a proven scorer in Brogdon, add Lamb....seems good on paper. 

Much more college than NBA but I do watch quite a bit. Jeremy Lamb was a guy I wanted to target because I thought he would be a great utility guy. Does a little of everything...just puts up numbers but doesn’t need a lot of plays for him to do it. Had a career year. Brogdon is a bit of a risk...some worry about his long term outlook with his foot issue. I think he should be just fine..especially with Holiday looking to get more minutes. That said I think Brogdon is a pros pro. Just makes winning plays..good to great shooter and if Vic comes back to being a playmaker like he once was...make for a great combo. 

Dont forget we landed Warren in the Phoenix trade. So we have Brogs who can play 1/2...Lamb who can play 2/3...and Warren who can play 3/4 to go with our bigs that are all 4/5s. We still have roughly 4.5 million to spend maybe another athletic wing for defense but this is a pretty interesting team. A lot of ifs....obvious will Vic ever be Vic again?? Will Holiday be ready for major minutes this year? Can Warren offset the loss of Bogs...will Brog stay healthy...can Domas and Myles play together?? Oh...and will Mcbuckets give us anything at all?? We need that shooting at the 3 even more with Bogs gone. I think we remain a top 4 team in the east....if Vic returns to form I’d like to hope at the trade deadline we make a move to go all in if we can...but I’ll wait and see then. Should be an entertaining year at least. Good week or so...got the best big in the draft...got some nice versatile guys in Lamb and Warren and a really up and coming guard in Brogdon. Be interesting to see if we have another move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yep that’s a loss for sure, but I’d take Horford over Butler any day of the week. And Butler again chased the money, he’s all about getting his 

He was going to make that with a long list of teams.  One of them on the jump said d wade is his mentor and all and this is where he was wanting to go all along.  

Butler has a super star switch that only got ignored by a shot that went in after bouncing 4 or 5 times.  

Plus Reddick averages 3 3s a game.  Gone.  I do think their offense opens up a little, due to less shot demand.  Embid can shoot but do you want the most skilled big man jacking 3s?

Edited by NotIThatLives

So Warriors going 3 guard lineup...but who plays the 3? I guess Klay would when he comes back but dang they are going to be small and dang they need a defensive wing to go up against the Lebrons and Kawhi of the world. Yet still they are thin on the bench....also two starting centers are free agents. They are just going to shoot even more 3s lol. I predict a really bad defensive team.

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So Warriors going 3 guard lineup...but who plays the 3? I guess Klay would when he comes back but dang they are going to be small and dang they need a defensive wing to go up against the Lebrons and Kawhi of the world. Yet still they are thin on the bench....also two starting centers are free agents. They are just going to shoot even more 3s lol. I predict a really bad defensive team.

Russell 6-5 Thompson's 6-7.  Wonder how much space they have now with all these sign and trades?  I'm going to bed, let some dust clear.  One thing we know at this moment.  Next years champ is no predetermined.  Where you going Khawi? 

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

Holy ****.  That had to be the craziest day in NBA offseason history.  How can anyone say the NBA isn’t entertaining?  I was glued to my phone today checking the updates.

And today showed that saying “small market teams can’t compete in the NBA” is just dumb.  The Pacers had a very solid offseason, getting comparable/better talent than what they lost.  Utah just put themselves into the discussion as the best team in the West, and New Orleans is going to be better than they were with AD, with a ton of assets to boot.  Milwaukee managed to keep its roster mostly intact.  Any team in the NBA can win a championship if it’s competently managed.

• Like 3