NBA Thread

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Without trying to sound hidebound, I’m not crazy about the players huddling and jiggering the rosters.  I feel bad for the kid clutching his jersey of his favorite “home grown” player who moves on to team up with somebody else like they are all dudes picking sides at the HPER.  I like the traditional team building, which is more interesting to me.  

At least in the current configuration, we have about ten good teams and should have some good wars in the playoffs.  

I'm still for killing off at least 3-4 bottom dweller franchises.  That would level the playing field even more.  

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm still for killing off at least 3-4 bottom dweller franchises.  That would level the playing field even more.  

To me they need to get rid of 6 franchises and go back to 24 which will never happen.  These are the teams to contract if it was up to me.

Orlando or Miami

Atlanta

Charlotte

New Orleans

Memphis

Sacramento

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me they need to get rid of 6 franchises and go back to 24 which will never happen.  These are the teams to contract if it was up to me.

Orlando or Miami

Atlanta

Charlotte

New Orleans

Memphis

Sacramento

You are wiping out every NBA market in the South.  That's a little extreme, especially since that is where the population growth is.  

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You are wiping out every NBA market in the South.  That's a little extreme, especially since that is where the population growth is.  

I am going by how those teams are supported and most of the people that live in those areas are transplanted form elsewhere. They did not grow up fans of those teams and don't support them and some just goes their to support their hometown team when they come in for a game.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am going by how those teams are supported and most of the people that live in those areas are transplanted form elsewhere. They did not grow up fans of those teams and don't support them and some just goes their to support their hometown team when they come in for a game.

People transplant to Memphis!?!?! Why in the h*** would anyone do that!?!

There's only two places on your list that people really move to. 

Edited by btownqb

The Lakers are planning on starting  Javale McKee next to AD and LeBron according to sources.  Lol.  Danny Green is nice and knows his role and resurrected his career with rotors, he's also 32.  Quinn Cook as your back up point guard along with Kentavious Caldwell Pope.  Oh and strong talk of bringing in Carmelo.  Even rumors that Monta Ellis and Amare stoudimire want in.  Lol

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

People transplant to Memphis!?!?! Why in the h*** would anyone do that!?!

There's only two places on your list that people really move to. 

Atlanta, Orlando and Miami all places where people transplant to.  I know some people from around here that moved to Charlotte and they say a lot of people move into their as well.  Memphis and New Orleans just don't really support their teams unless they are really winning.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Atlanta, Orlando and Miami all places where people transplant to.  I know some people from around here that moved to Charlotte and they say a lot of people move into their as well.  Memphis and New Orleans just don't really support their teams unless they are really winning.

Atlanta too? Hmm 

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You still can't have an entire section of the country not represented by the NBA.  

• Like 1

I'm still in awe of how well Jerry West executed this. I don't care about the Clippers or Kawhi or PG at all but this was brilliant. Reminds of how well Sampson executed the Eric Gordon stuff. Waited to the last minute so Bubbles thought he still had a chance and flipped. Weber didn't have time to recover and essentially ended his time at Illinois. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

One other thing I'll add. Amazing how badly Kawhi said he wanted to play with PG. Did Bird or anyone at the Pacers know this? 

Well I doubt that was the case when they came into the league and that draft day trade was not bad at that time.  No one knew that Kawahi would turn into what he has turned into when he came into the league.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We all know this wouldn't happen anyways but I think it would be the best for the NBA because it is to watered down right now.

Maybe they should thin out the Midwest a little bit.  Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Indiana, and Cleveland are too bunched up.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Maybe they should thin out the Midwest a little bit.  Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Indiana, and Cleveland are too bunched up.  

Well most of those teams have been in the league for years and have some very good history in the league.  I was trying to get 3 in the Western conference and 3 in the Eastern conference

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At one point very recently, Charlotte was the fastest growing city in America per money magazine.  

One word I want officially retired from all platforms at ESPN and other talking heads. "Sources" 

Every single sports journalist in America was dead wrong. Not one had an inkling this was going to happen. In fact my guess is Jerry West somehow let it be leaked that Raptors or Lakers stuff was solid to provide a smokescreen for the deal. No clue where this trade ends up historically but this has a Herschel Walker feel to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

The NBA is not to watered down and there is plenty of money to go around for 30 teams and there is growth potential in getting the G-League ramped up to be a solid minor/development league.  

Yes it is watered down because there are plenty of players on rosters that are not NBA quality players.  With 24 teams the talent would be dispersed more evenly and every team would have a few quality players.