NBA Thread

11 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Quote from this article (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27763420/nba-30-teams-rated-top-contenders-bottom-tier) I thought you'd enjoy: :nansplit:

George is overtaxed as a No. 1 option, perfect as second banana.

All this time I have been saying he is the perfect Robin, thats why I was wrong. Should have been thinking bananas

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Nice! I hope Yogi gets more of a shot in Sacramento this year. He was carving out a nice little niche as a promising, young back-up/spot starter point guard in Dallas, then had his minutes cut in half last season with the move to Sacramento. Hope that move doesn't end up being a career-killer for him. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Me too. Boyle said the Kings have 12 new faces. I have no idea if that is good or bad for Yogi 

Just looking at their roster, I think it might be neutral. It's good that Frank Mason is gone, as they were battling for minutes last year backing up Fox, but they've added Kyle Guy, Corey Joseph and Tyler Ulis. I'm guessing at least one of those three won't make the roster though. 

It just stinks for Yogi IMO. I know you couldn't foresee the future, but with the Maverick's trading Dennis Smith, Jr to NYC in the Porzingas trade last season, there would have been a big opportunity for him to continue to grow in Dallas. I think he'd be great alongside Doncic as both guys can play on and off the ball and are willing/good passers and shooters. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Just looking at their roster, I think it might be neutral. It's good that Frank Mason is gone, as they were battling for minutes last year backing up Fox, but they've added Kyle Guy, Corey Joseph and Tyler Ulis. I'm guessing at least one of those three won't make the roster though. 

It just stinks for Yogi IMO. I know you couldn't foresee the future, but with the Maverick's trading Dennis Smith, Jr to NYC in the Porzingas trade last season, there would have been a big opportunity for him to continue to grow in Dallas. I think he'd be great alongside Doncic as both guys can play on and off the ball and are willing/good passers and shooters. 

I could be wrong but I think Yogi's going to be fine, regardless. He may or may not stick in Sacto, but he's been recognized, think he'll finding a home there or elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

I wouldn't worry about Ulis and Guy is on a two way deal so he probably is at least a year away. Clearly Joseph is backing up Fox but with the contract they gave Yogi they obviously have a plan for him. Hopefully he will land on a roster next year with a multi-year deal that plans on making him a full time back up. I think he has proven he can play.

15 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I could be wrong but I think Yogi's going to be fine, regardless. He may or may not stick in Sacto, but he's been recognized, think he'll finding a home there or elsewhere.

Sure, but I’d much rather see him stick in the NBA with a niche as a rotation player and really carve out a career for himself, as opposed to being a guy that bounces around as an end of bench guy for a few years. The guys in the latter group typically how a shorter shelf life. 

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I wouldn't worry about Ulis and Guy is on a two way deal so he probably is at least a year away. Clearly Joseph is backing up Fox but with the contract they gave Yogi they obviously have a plan for him. Hopefully he will land on a roster next year with a multi-year deal that plans on making him a full time back up. I think he has proven he can play.

I thought his contract was a 2 year deal, meaning this is the last year?

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

Nice! I hope Yogi gets more of a shot in Sacramento this year. He was carving out a nice little niche as a promising, young back-up/spot starter point guard in Dallas, then had his minutes cut in half last season with the move to Sacramento. Hope that move doesn't end up being a career-killer for him. 

Dallas only offered him a 1 year contract. Sacto offered him 2 years guaranteed.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I thought his contract was a 2 year deal, meaning this is the last year?

No. He has a player option for next year. Clearly he won't turn down another 30 odd million dollars...he will never see that kind of money again.

OOps...thought we were still talking Gordon. You are correct...this is Yogi's last year on this one...but yes the money they invested in him would mean they had a plan for him. Guess it could change but I don't see Guy or Ulis taking his minutes this year. Joseph however can play both guard positions but I imagine will steal most of his minutes behind Fox.

Edited by dgambill

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

It's a long season. The second game today he played 20 minutes with 12 points. They are playing tons of players with the expanded rosters right now. Regular season will tell more.

Yeah, you can’t take much from minutes in these preseason games. 

• Like 1