NBA Thread

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The little I saw of Celts sixers.  Celts were not very good.  Maybe missing shots wore on them mentally.   I was checking scores early and they were up 22-14.  

They actually played decent the first quarter and a half, but then were awful. Just couldn't hit shots or free throws, and also took a lot of bad shots. The Sixers length definitely bothered them. 

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

No first half run for Yogi in their game against Phoenix. Cory Joseph got all the backup pg minutes. 

Do not and will not understand....especially when down 30 to a bad team. Get his additional $3M this year and find a place next year where he might play because if he isn't seeing minutes in a 30 point blowout loss to Suns. When will he?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Do not and will not understand....especially when down 30 to a bad team. Get his additional $3M this year and find a place next year where he might play because if he isn't seeing minutes in a 30 point blowout loss to Suns. When will he?

Just hope this isn’t his last shot. I don’t think so, as I’m sure the league saw what he did in Dallas. I know the Kings are better than they have been, but still if you’re not getting run in Sacramento it’s not a given another team is going to give him a guaranteed deal after this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

I see Kyrie hoisted up 33 shots on his way to 50 pts. 

I also heard the ESPN praising Andrew Wiggins 22 points in that game, saying KAT is going to need him to be a consistent, star scorer like that for Minnesota to do anything. Wiggins was 10-for-27 and something like a -19 in an overtime game!?!?

Thats awful. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just hope this isn’t his last shot. I don’t think so, as I’m sure the league saw what he did in Dallas. I know the Kings are better than they have been, but still if you’re not getting run in Sacramento it’s not a given another team is going to give him a guaranteed deal after this year.

Sounds funny but the team down the road from Yogi would be ideal. GSW might be looking for a backup point who can push the pace and create shots for others with dribble penetration. Maybe Suns....and Lord knows Orlando needs a PG of some kind.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was disappointed in the Pacers last night but like many have said it is just 1 of 82 games and they are putting a lot of new players together.  What I am worried about is their lack of depth especially up front because I don't see leaf getting better and they did not play Goga at all.

Good point.  Surprised Goga didn't play at all.  Guess they figured Drummond might break him.  Leaf, as I've said for a while, is just simply not an NBA player.  How slow can you be?  McDermott.  He has one job.  Hit jumpers.  I bet that dude never misses in practice.  I wonder if he doesn't practice at full speed enough?  He either looks rushed or he finds himself so open he slow steps in and looks ackward.  Wish he would get hot and stay hot.  

Let's not forget that our possible leading scorer went down hard.  Couldn't find any updates.  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Good point.  Surprised Goga didn't play at all.  Guess they figured Drummond might break him.  Leaf, as I've said for a while, is just simply not an NBA player.  How slow can you be?  McDermott.  He has one job.  Hit jumpers.  I bet that dude never misses in practice.  I wonder if he doesn't practice at full speed enough?  He either looks rushed or he finds himself so open he slow steps in and looks ackward.  Wish he would get hot and stay hot.  

Let's not forget that our possible leading scorer went down hard.  Couldn't find any updates.  

I think McDermott was 2 for 3 from 3 but just don't get enough shots

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I also heard the ESPN praising Andrew Wiggins 22 points in that game, saying KAT is going to need him to be a consistent, star scorer like that for Minnesota to do anything. Wiggins was 10-for-27 and something like a -19 in an overtime game!?!?

Thats awful. 

That draft did not meet the hype.  You had Wiggins first, then Jabari Parker, then Embiid.  Embiid has turned out to be fantastic. But, the other two were so hyped and have not met expectations.  I recall that the draft that year was especially lauded for having the franchise player level talent.  Wiggins is erratic and plays inefficient, losing basketball.  

Parker was literally on the cover of SI in high school.   His recruitment was a frenzy.  To be fair, Parker may have been robbed by two knee injuries.  But, if we are being fair, he doesn’t play winning basketball either.  From what I’ve seen of him, he is awful on defense and he can’t shoot with range.  He’s on his fourth team.  Really, at Duke, he bombed there too and the defensive bugaboo reared it’s head then.  What really annoyed me about Parker was a quote where he said something to the effect that he didn’t need to expend energy on defense since that’s what he and other scorers do.  And that was maybe two years ago.  That’s toxic.  I hate to call him Michael Beasley since that’s a terrible insult and Beasley is a full on head case.

The moral is you never know what you’re getting when your team tanks.  That particular draft was supposed to have two saviors in it and it hasn’t materialized.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Saw that, and disappointing. Yogi needs to get some run, have thought Sacto was getting itself together better, but they looked awful getting hammered by Phoenix and game planned badly.

I want to see that too but I'm not too worried. He will play his way onto the court. First game a lot of rust that they want their main guys to play through and get into some sort of groove. You also want to take time to get a good look at working in your offseason pickups into playing with new guys. Once they establish some rotations a couple weeks into the year I'm sure Yogi will be in one. I don't think it will be a ton of minutes at first but like any player once he can carve out 8-10 minutes and be productive they will expand his role especially if he is the hot hand that night. Or...who knows...one of the other teams may figure out their back up pg isn't working out and will trade for him.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That draft did not meet the hype.  You had Wiggins first, then Jabari Parker, then Embiid.  Embiid has turned out to be fantastic. But, the other two were so hyped and have not met expectations.  I recall that the draft that year was especially lauded for having the franchise player level talent.  Wiggins is erratic and plays inefficient, losing basketball.  

Parker was literally on the cover of SI in high school.   His recruitment was a frenzy.  To be fair, Parker may have been robbed by two knee injuries.  But, if we are being fair, he doesn’t play winning basketball either.  From what I’ve seen of him, he is awful on defense and he can’t shoot with range.  He’s on his fourth team.  Really, at Duke, he bombed there too and the defensive bugaboo reared it’s head then.  What really annoyed me about Parker was a quote where he said something to the effect that he didn’t need to expend energy on defense since that’s what he and other scorers do.  And that was maybe two years ago.  That’s toxic.  I hate to call him Michael Beasley since that’s a terrible insult and Beasley is a full on head case.

The moral is you never know what you’re getting when your team tanks.  That particular draft was supposed to have two saviors in it and it hasn’t materialized.  

Tbh, comparing Parker to Beasley might be an insult to Beasley.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

A diuretic and no traces of any other banned substance (the only reason, iirc, why diuretics are banned is the potential for masking)? 

If that holds up it could be rescinded