NBA Thread

I know the pacer are playing pretty well this year but once again they lost to one of the lesser teams tonight,  They lost to Atlanta tonight and they have also lost to Detroit 3 times, Cleveland, Charlotte and New Orleans.  It is starting to become a trend that Brogdon keeps missing games and that is starting to effect this team,

• Like 1

Congrats to Vinsanity. Today, he became the first NBA player to appear in 4 different decades: 1990s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.

One player drafted in the same draft as Carter (Tyronne Lue) has won a title as a head coach, and Vince is still playing. Decent draft too: Dirk, Pierce, Jamison, Rashard Lewis, Bibby, Jason Williams, Cuttino Mobley...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Congrats to Vinsanity. Today, he became the first NBA player to appear in 4 different decades: 1990s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.

One player drafted in the same draft as Carter (Tyronne Lue) has won a title as a head coach, and Vince is still playing. Decent draft too: Dirk, Pierce, Jamison, Rashard Lewis, Bibby, Jason Williams, Cuttino Mobley...

Him still playing at his age is nothing short of REMARKABLE. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know you didn't play yesterday but probably time to start planning that exit strategy again Paul George. Clippers fans booing team off the court after loss yesterday. Thought only crazy hoop fans reside in Indiana.

The Griz with 18-39 from behind the arc!  Game, set, match.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know you didn't play yesterday but probably time to start planning that exit strategy again Paul George. Clippers fans booing team off the court after loss yesterday. Thought only crazy hoop fans reside in Indiana.

Lol, no Beverly either, bad L but missing 2 key players and the Clips will play for the conference title and maybe the championship

• Like 1

One thing to note on that, and it's certainly not the biggest deal in the world, the more important part is playing the game in your arena with your sitelines, etc., but just to note that when the Lakers and Clippers play each other the visiting team cannot use their locker rooms, coaches rooms, etc. 

They have to use the visiting locker rooms and operate as if they're a true visiting team. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

One thing to note on that, and it's certainly not the biggest deal in the world, the more important part is playing the game in your arena with your sitelines, etc., but just to note that when the Lakers and Clippers play each other the visiting team cannot use their locker rooms, coaches rooms, etc. 

They have to use the visiting locker rooms and operate as if they're a true visiting team. 

I’m learning unique stuff but that makes complete sense

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, IU Scott said:

They have had a winning home record for 30 straight years and only San Antonio has had a longer streak.

Dang, that's an incredible stat.  I'm just hopeful Oladipo is back to his old self even if next season- with him and Brogdon and the other pieces this team could win the East.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Hearing a return against the Bulls on Jan 29th for Victor Oladipo is very likely

Definitely interested to see how he looks, how long it takes for him to get his game legs under him, and how long/how many games it takes for the P's to run smoothly with him back in the lineup. P's are already one of the better EC teams. Toronto is faltering. Celtics and Bucks are the best teams, 76ers seem to be getting back into shape, depending on health. P's could be right there in the top 4 or so. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Definitely interested to see how he looks, how long it takes for him to get his game legs under him, and how long/how many games it takes for the P's to run smoothly with him back in the lineup. P's are already one of the better EC teams. Toronto is faltering. Celtics and Bucks are the best teams, 76ers seem to be getting back into shape, depending on health. P's could be right there in the top 4 or so. 

Also need to get Brogdon back and healthy  but I think it won't be until next year until we see VO back to be totally back.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also need to get Brogdon back and healthy  but I think it won't be until next year until we see VO back to be totally back.

I wouldn't bet on his being fully back this season, but wouldn't rule it out either. It's only early January, still have the all-star break coming up in February, a good two-months plus of playing time coming with a break. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I wouldn't bet on his being fully back this season, but wouldn't rule it out either. It's only early January, still have the all-star break coming up in February, a good two-months plus of playing time coming with a break. 

I am interested to see who will lose minutes once VO gets back and plays.  Everyone they have played in the backcourt and wings has played very well.  McConnell and both Holidays have to keep playing and right now McDermott is the second leading 3 point shooter in the league. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am interested to see who will lose minutes once VO gets back and plays.  Everyone they have played in the backcourt and wings has played very well.  McConnell and both Holidays have to keep playing and right now McDermott is the second leading 3 point shooter in the league. 

Vic is hands down the best player on the team -- when healthy. I would bet on his gradual integration, and McD is in no way, shape or form even remotely in the same ballpark as Vic. But then he's not a starter either. Minutes will get allocated, as they should, and Vic, when healthy/full bore, will make the team better.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Vic is hands down the best player on the team -- when healthy. I would bet on his gradual integration, and McD is in no way, shape or form even remotely in the same ballpark as Vic. But then he's not a starter either. Minutes will get allocated, as they should, and Vic, when healthy/full bore, will make the team better.

When VO gets back to starting then Lamb will go to the 2nd unit and lately they have went small on the second unit with one big and 4 guards and wings.