NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When VO gets back to starting then Lamb will go to the 2nd unit and lately they have went small on the second unit with one big and 4 guards and wings.

Lamb slides to the 2 guard spot, Aaron gets first crack at primary backup PG. McConnell will come in if Holiday struggles or we need a boost of energy.  Doug stays at SF and Justin plays at PF.  Sabonis and Turner will rotate at the 5 with the bench with Goga getting 3 or 4 mins per game. 

Depth Chart:

PG - Brogdon/Aaron/TJ

SG - Home Depot/Lamb

SF - TJ Cash Considerations Warren/McDerrmott

PF - Sabonis/Justin Holiday

C - Turner/Goga

Vic will probably play off the bench until early March.    Then that'll give the starters a month to mesh and bench to mesh before playoffs start.  Out of the depth chart above and knowing the playoff rotation that Nate likes to use(9-man) Goga will not play and McConnell will not play unless Aaron struggles or we need a boost of energy. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

14 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Lamb slides to the 2 guard spot, Aaron gets first crack at primary backup PG. McConnell will come in if Holiday struggles or we need a boost of energy.  Doug stays at SF and Justin plays at PF.  Sabonis and Turner will rotate at the 5 with the bench with Goga getting 3 or 4 mins per game. 

Depth Chart:

PG - Brogdon/Aaron/TJ

SG - Home Depot/Lamb

SF - TJ Cash Considerations Warren/McDerrmott

PF - Sabonis/Justin Holiday

C - Turner/Goga

Vic will probably play off the bench until early March.    Then that'll give the starters a month to mesh and bench to mesh before playoffs start.  Out of the depth chart above and knowing the playoff rotation that Nate likes to use(9-man) Goga will not play and McConnell will not play unless Aaron struggles or we need a boost of energy. 

To me you have to keep McConnell in the rotation and if that is at that is at the expense of A. holiday then so be it.

Forgot to mention. Kyle Guy made his NBA debut for the Kings Friday night. Always amazed at what looks like a good player in college just doesn't translate to NBA. PS....what's Sacramento's problem with taking local kids and never playing them? Yogi at least plays routinely....but Swanigan has played in 10 games past 2 seasons and Kyle Guy has been on G league roster all year until Friday.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Forgot to mention. Kyle Guy made his NBA debut for the Kings Friday night. Always amazed at what looks like a good player in college just doesn't translate to NBA. PS....what's Sacramento's problem with taking local kids and never playing them? Yogi at least plays routinely....but Swanigan has played in 10 games past 2 seasons and Kyle Guy has been on G league roster all year until Friday.

Every time I think maybe Sacto as an organization is starting to turn the corner they return to poorly run basketball and bad management. 

They are the Knicks of the West. I wonder if the owner or front office is interfering with coaching, like the Knicks front office. Yogi, fwiw, has barely been playing for a while now. How he plays has no discernible impact on whether or how much he plays, true of other players on the team as well. 

I don’t know about Guy, haven’t seen him play since college, but that organization is just crap 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Every time I think maybe Sacto as an organization is starting to turn the corner they return to poorly run basketball and bad management. 

They are the Knicks of the West. I wonder if the owner or front office is interfering with coaching, like the Knicks front office. Yogi, fwiw, has barely been playing for a while now. How he plays has no discernible impact on whether or how much he plays, true of other players on the team as well. 

I don’t know about Guy, haven’t seen him play since college, but that organization is just crap 

That's what it seems like to me as well. I only check their scores for Yogi but since the return of the one guy he's getting 5 minutes a game max. Guess there is worse ways to make millions but I hope his next team he chooses gives him a chance for some run. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not that I'm anything close to a pro scout, but I couldn't believe Guy left early. I guess he wasn't going to gain anything by staying, but he's always struck me as the stereotypical "Great college player whose game just doesn't translate to the NBA".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not that I'm anything close to a pro scout, but I couldn't believe Guy left early. I guess he wasn't going to gain anything by staying, but he's always struck me as the stereotypical "Great college player whose game just doesn't translate to the NBA".

There are plenty of players who I agree either leave early and shouldn't or their game just won't translate.....but the more and more I pay attention the more I realize you could get stuck in an organization and waste 2-3 years.

This won't help the stay in school crowd but I'd rather leave early and not get drafted in 2nd round. Would give me the ability to evaluate each opportunity with each organization that is available instead of getting drafted by a team like the Kings or Knicks and either sit on the bench for years or play for G league.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There are plenty of players who I agree either leave early and shouldn't or their game just won't translate.....but the more and more I pay attention the more I realize you could get stuck in an organization and waste 2-3 years.

This won't help the stay in school crowd but I'd rather leave early and not get drafted in 2nd round. Would give me the ability to evaluate each opportunity with each organization that is available instead of getting drafted by a team like the Kings or Knicks and either sit on the bench for years or play for G league.

Steve Alford lol. That said the nba is more a specialty league then ever before. He can stroke it so there will always be room for shooters now.

21 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure why this popped into my head, but that sounds very similar to a typical Paul Pierce statline, compliment to OG intended.

If Siakim hadnt had a break out it could be OG. He kinda had to take a back seat but I think he is just scratching the surface...Vic level maybe even.

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Siakim hadnt had a break out it could be OG. He kinda had to take a back seat but I think he is just scratching the surface...Vic level maybe even.

Not saying he's the next Kawhi, but his game is very similar, with a better outside stroke. He's a lockdown, defensive first wing, starter-level player as a rookie primarily for his D and even coming off the ACL his senior year, playing a complimentary role now with/behind Siakim and Lowry (kind of like Kawhi with Duncan, Parker and Ginobli), a team-first unselfish player, and has already had some big time offensive games to go with his D. It's really his second season as last year was mostly lost for medical conditions and personal matters. He has a really high NBA ceiling.

• Like 1

Yes. Always nice to get a road win out west. Hope it sets the tone for the entire trip. The way they continued to hang in after the cold start and then the sizzling finish were awesome to see. That said, also have to take into account that Nugs were missing Milsap, Murray, and Harris from starters. Hoping we can take at least 3 of the 5 after the big start last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Yes. Always nice to get a road win out west. Hope it sets the tone for the entire trip. The way they continued to hang in after the cold start and then the sizzling finish were awesome to see. That said, also have to take into account that Nugs were missing Milsap, Murray, and Harris from starters. Hoping we can take at least 3 of the 5 after the big start last night.

Nothing wrong with feeding off another team's misery/unfortunes!

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't know if anybody noticed but "Biggie" got traded to Portland

Seemed like a salary shredding move. Maybe someone else who follows more closely can offer what's up. Since Yogi routinely sits on pine or gets 3-5 minutes per game I don't a thing I understand or like about Kings.