NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Still can't tell if it was pilot error or mechanical problems.  May never know. 

The pilot requested and received a "Special VFR" clearance (not uncommon, especially for helicopters, but ATC cannot offer it. Must be requested by the pilot). The pilot never filed a flight plan, so he was intending to go Visual Flight Rules (VFR) weather permitting, even though he was Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) qualified. Visibility conditions at the airport were less than the 3 mile requirement for VFR ops, so he requested the Special VFR clearance (1 mile visibility required).

At this point, I think he got a tad disoriented in the fog and over taxed the aircraft trying to get above the fog.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

You have a chance to score if you actually get the opportunity to touch the ball. 

Yeah...the games I've watched Gordon has not looked good. He looked unsure of his role and a tad hesitant. Seems like with Russ and Harden the ball doesn't move much and they want to run through them and guys just stand around too much. Gordon although not super athletic I think plays best when he is aggressive and driving and then it kind of opens up his shooting and gets him going easier especially if he has been to the line a couple times. The Russ/Harden thing just isn't working. I used to give OKC a hard time about trading Harden but now I see it really was one or the other.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well we have had the TV on ESPN all day in our office and to my surprise I have not seen one story about Victor's return like they did Zion.  I bet that the national media does not even realize that the Pacers are 30-17 and only two games out of the 2 seed in the East.

Sportscenter this morning did.   

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well we have had the TV on ESPN all day in our office and to my surprise I have not seen one story about Victor's return like they did Zion.  I bet that the national media does not even realize that the Pacers are 30-17 and only two games out of the 2 seed in the East.

Saddest part is that the Pacers have lost 7 games to teams with less  than 17 wins 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Between last season and this season so far ,Victor Oladipo is tied for the most game tying or game winning 3's. Vic has played in 37 of the possible 130 games. Definition of a stone cold killer.

Was watching IU but was keeping tabs on Vic/Pacers too. I mean he just stepped up at $ time and drains a 28 footer with not even a thought after not playing for a year. Some guys have it some don't. Glad we have one that does. I'm still trying to figure out how Jim Boylen is gainfully employed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Between last season and this season so far ,Victor Oladipo is tied for the most game tying or game winning 3's. Vic has played in 37 of the possible 130 games. Definition of a stone cold killer.

And he's tied with PG. Lol.

Vic is a killer for sure. Fantastic to see him hit that big shot to force OT -- he did not play well leading up to that shot, but no one should've expected him to, after being out for a full calendar year -- but he still had the stones and heart and confidence to hit that shot and force OT. Looking forward to seeing him get fully healthy. P's likely won't compete as far as the EC finals this season, but they are very well set up going forward. I can see them competing deep next season.

• Like 1

I wish we could visit the thread the day the Pacers traded George for Vic and Domas. Yes....I'm patting myself so hard on the back. I said that very day the trade was won big time by Pacers. Couple of All Star nods later it's worked out. George very well might get a title but that's his less than stellar exit from a couple of cities and he still plays second fiddle in his own area code. 

Kudos to Pritchard.

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well in the Pacers game I think I have just seen the worst call of all time.  A Knicks player went up for a 3 and he went forward and stepped on Brogdon's foot and was called for a Flagrant foul.  Also the pacers are down late in the 3rd to the worst team in the league.

Yeah. The logic on that call was inexplicable. 

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It seems VO is hurting the Pacers ball movement because he is trying to do to much.

Pacers haven't looked good the last 3 games going back to Portland on the back end of the West Cost trip. Of course, that was sans Oladipo. But I feel like we might have a general slump complicated by trying to get Vic integrated at a point when chemistry and roles are already well established. Given that, you have to expect it's not going to be smooth sailing immediately.

However, I see where you're coming from. I've been a little surprised how aggressively Dipo's been hunting shots given all the circumstances surrounding the team and his return. I guess time will tell how it goes. It has been highly speculated that Brogdon's game and Vic's game would be perfect complements. That may turn out to be true, but Brogdon looks to me to be the most off kilter offensively in the early going with Dipo back. 

Back to the bigger picture, I've been disappointed with the Pacers defense of late. In Portland and v. Chicago it was flat out awful. And I think the Knicks' point total is deceiving when you look at how badly they pounded us on the glass. In fact, rebounding may be my single biggest concern. There's no legit rebounder on the team beyond Sabonis. 

All that said, there is undoubtedly a ton of depth and talent level on the roster (IMO) at least going back to circa 2013-14, if not more. Plus, there's great chemistry. Thus, cautiously optimistic that they'll figure things out, with the possible exception of the rebounding.

• Like 1