Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers loses their 4th in a row with a 10 point loss at home to Toronto.  It appears to me that McMillian is sacrificing wins just to get VO time late in the game.  They had cut the lead too 2 with  a little over 6 minutes ad bring VO back in the game and then Toronto finished the game on a 14-6 run.  The ball just moves a lot better when VO is not in the game and it is just hard to watch.  To me Brogdon's game has been effected since VO return and has not looked the same.

Also in the off season the pacers have to trade Myles Turner because it is not working with him and Sabonis together.  the Pacers need more of a 6'10 athletic 4 who can rebound and play defense.  Turner can block shots but he is not a good defensive player on his own man.

I will take sacrificing some February wins if it helps us win a first round series.  I know that home court helps to win that first round but right now it's all about chemistry.  Without Vic we wont get past 1st round but with that group working together I could see a conference finals appearance 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers loses their 4th in a row with a 10 point loss at home to Toronto.  It appears to me that McMillian is sacrificing wins just to get VO time late in the game.  They had cut the lead too 2 with  a little over 6 minutes ad bring VO back in the game and then Toronto finished the game on a 14-6 run.  The ball just moves a lot better when VO is not in the game and it is just hard to watch.  To me Brogdon's game has been effected since VO return and has not looked the same.

Also in the off season the pacers have to trade Myles Turner because it is not working with him and Sabonis together.  the Pacers need more of a 6'10 athletic 4 who can rebound and play defense.  Turner can block shots but he is not a good defensive player on his own man.

Too many turnovers. Note: Sabonis with a whopping 6. Too porous perimeter D. Brogdon is turning to public enemy #1 when it comes to being unable to keep his man out of the lane. Raps are an excellent team. Ibaka is playing out of his mind. VO's play is not helping, but realistically you have to expect that it may take him the rest of the season to get anywhere near consistent, solid play coming off so much time out. Still hoping they can resolve some of the challenges sooner rather than later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers loses their 4th in a row with a 10 point loss at home to Toronto.  It appears to me that McMillian is sacrificing wins just to get VO time late in the game.  They had cut the lead too 2 with  a little over 6 minutes ad bring VO back in the game and then Toronto finished the game on a 14-6 run.  The ball just moves a lot better when VO is not in the game and it is just hard to watch.  To me Brogdon's game has been effected since VO return and has not looked the same.

Also in the off season the pacers have to trade Myles Turner because it is not working with him and Sabonis together.  the Pacers need more of a 6'10 athletic 4 who can rebound and play defense.  Turner can block shots but he is not a good defensive player on his own man.

As to trading Turner, pending how the rest of the season plays out, it may be the right idea. Seems the Pacers want him to have a similar role to what Brooke Lopez does with Bucks - provide some 3s and be an elite shot blocker. Neither guy is a big rebounder for a C. I think Turner has done reasonably if that's what they're asking him to do. Overall, while the shot blocking has been there, I've always felt he's never quite developed the consistency and confidence from 3 to really elevate him to impact status on the offensive end. He's not bad, but he's just not a difference maker offensively.

Of course, back to the Lopez comparison, it would also help immensely if he could play off a Giannis, not to mention the remainder of the Bucks supporting cast, which - much like Toronto as a team - has a lot of length and athleticism. That's still a struggle for us. We have very few top shelf athletes by NBA standards. That's where you see backcourts and wings with excellent quickness penetrating at will on us resulting in good looks in the paint or from 3. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will take sacrificing some February wins if it helps us win a first round series.  I know that home court helps to win that first round but right now it's all about chemistry.  Without Vic we wont get past 1st round but with that group working together I could see a conference finals appearance 

Same.....Even after his injury, Vic is still too valuable and too talented for Pacers  Brass to make rash decisions......and they won’t. It’s the building chatter from fans that are frustrating me. Team chemistry, dynamics and individual player abilities are all on the coaching staff now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will take sacrificing some February wins if it helps us win a first round series.  I know that home court helps to win that first round but right now it's all about chemistry.  Without Vic we wont get past 1st round but with that group working together I could see a conference finals appearance 

Well at one time we were only a1 1/2 out of the two spot but that will be hard to get.  If you are the 2 seed then in the 1st round you don't have to play one of the top 6 teams in the  East.  To me to get out of the first round being the 2 seed would be the easiest for the Pacers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well at one time we were only a1 1/2 out of the two spot but that will be hard to get.  If you are the 2 seed then in the 1st round you don't have to play one of the top 6 teams in the  East.  To me to get out of the first round being the 2 seed would be the easiest for the Pacers.

That's great in theory but come playoff time when teams game plan take away players without Vic we go nowhere 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another very slow start for the Pacers at home against NO and they are without there two best players. VO is not playing because it is a back to back games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this Pacers team is looking almost unbelievably bad.  I was optimistic since they're playing such awful teams the first few weeks with Oladipo back but they can't beat anybody. Can't wait for baseball to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Wow this Pacers team is looking almost unbelievably bad.  I was optimistic since they're playing such awful teams the first few weeks with Oladipo back but they can't beat anybody. Can't wait for baseball to start.

Should have kept the bench in to finish the game because they brought the team back and got them the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Should have kept the bench in to finish the game because they brought the team back and got them the lead.

Yep, I thought so too.  Sometimes seems like even the best coaches, and Pacers do have a great coach, overthink it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pacers look like they've totally lost their mojo. Rebounding is poor. Both offense and defense have regressed. Maybe the ASB will help them get their heads right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great first half for the Pacers with them leading 68-45 at home against the Bucks.  No Giannis tonight but the Bucks are 5-0 without him so they are still a good team.  it kind of looks like maybe some of their players are looking forward to the all break a little early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great first half for the Pacers with them leading 68-45 at home against the Bucks.  No Giannis tonight but the Bucks are 5-0 without him so they are still a good team.  it kind of looks like maybe some of their players are looking forward to the all break a little early.

Might have spoken to soon because the Bucks has cut a 25 point lead down to 5 with 9 minutes to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to break the negative momentum. Hoping they can keep it up and continue to gel after the break. Aggressive throughout this one. Haven't been able to say that in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Another terrible Pacers game, terrible, Can’t believe they’re even letting Vic play, trade Turner, they’re broken!!

oh wait ......

Kidding aside. Reason 9,000,000 why I don't gamble. No way anyone thought the Pacers would step up and do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Kidding aside. Reason 9,000,000 why I don't gamble. No way anyone thought the Pacers would step up and do that. 

As poorly as we've been playing, that's a situation you need to step up and take advantage of. I'd honestly have been a little disappointed in a loss despite the crappy play and accompanying losing streak. If you can't get up for the best team in the NBA at home (looming ASB or no), then we really would have some crisis-level discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kemba Walker is 0-25 in taking the game tying or winning shot under 10 seconds in the last 4 years. 

The 3 guys with the most 3 point games winners in the past 2 years. 

Paul George 

Vic

Bojan bogdanovic 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the young lady that sung Oh Canada did a good job.

Chaka Khan with the Star Spangled Banner......not so good.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give credit to the new game format. This fourth quarter is being played at a high level for an all-star game! Well done NBA in getting the players to actually play real basketball in this game, at least the fourth quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thoroughly enjoyed the new format.  3 quarters of semi-serious fun followed by an edge of your seat 4th quarter.  Absolutely loved the no clock in the 4th.  As much as a clock can add to the game at times, having no clock added so much tension to the game.

And, most of the players were locked in serious.  Would have liked to seen Team Giannis win because I can not stand Harden, but can take some comfort in knowing he sucked most of the night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...