Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN's all time Pacers team. 

No Paul George.

Do you agree or disagree with this group?

Indiana Pacers

G: Freddie Lewis
G: Reggie Miller
F: Roger Brown
F: George McGinnis
😄 Mel Daniels

You are about to raise the ire of a certain PG fan😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN's all time Pacers team. 

No Paul George.

Do you agree or disagree with this group?

Indiana Pacers

G: Freddie Lewis
G: Reggie Miller
F: Roger Brown
F: George McGinnis
😄 Mel Daniels

Looks good to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN's all time Pacers team. 

No Paul George.

Do you agree or disagree with this group?

Indiana Pacers

G: Freddie Lewis
G: Reggie Miller
F: Roger Brown
F: George McGinnis
😄 Mel Daniels

Where do you slot PG at on this list?  Guard or Forward?  I am a huge PG fan, however, it would be hard for even myself to slot him in above any of the guys listed above.  Now if we are talking about a 2000's to present Indiana Pacers team, I'd say he'd slot in for a spot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Where do you slot PG at on this list?  Guard or Forward?  I am a huge PG fan, however, it would be hard for even myself to slot him in above any of the guys listed above.  Now if we are talking about a 2000's to present Indiana Pacers team, I'd say he'd slot in for a spot

 

I heard Slick this morning on an interview say that the 73 Pacers had 4 future hall of famers on it. IMO it would be hard to put PG on the list of 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Where do you slot PG at on this list?  Guard or Forward?  I am a huge PG fan, however, it would be hard for even myself to slot him in above any of the guys listed above.  Now if we are talking about a 2000's to present Indiana Pacers team, I'd say he'd slot in for a spot

 

Roger Brown is a HOF'er, but that's the guy you might slot PG ahead of. 

Brown's ABA career - 

PPG 17.4 (eFG% .488)

FG 46.9

3-pt FG% .32

FG per game: 6.4

assists 3.8

FT 79.1

Steals .7

Rebounds 6.2

PER 17.2

starting with his 5th season, he never averaged more than 18.5 ppg, and the drop off was considerable, 12.6, 11.8 etc.. 4.6 by 1975.

Paul George so far

PPG 19.9 (eFG% 53)

FG 43.3

3-pt FG% 38

FG per game: 6.7

assists 3.3

FT 84.6

steals 1.7

Rebounds 6.4

PER 19.2  (20.5 2019-20)

PG is having a better career. A better shooter/scorer, and better defensively, a true two-way player. He's been a league defensive MVP, a runner up defensive MVP, and in the final 3 for League MVP. 

That said his career is incomplete. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Roger Brown is a HOF'er, but that's the guy you might slot PG ahead of. 

Brown's ABA career - 

PPG 17.4 (eFG% .488)

FG 46.9

3-pt FG% .32

FG per game: 6.4

assists 3.8

FT 79.1

Steals .7

Rebounds 6.2

PER 17.2

starting with his 5th season, he never averaged more than 18.5 ppg, and the drop off was considerable, 12.6, 11.8 etc.. 4.6 by 1975.

Paul George so far

PPG 19.9 (eFG% 53)

FG 43.3

3-pt FG% 38

FG per game: 6.7

assists 3.3

FT 84.6

steals 1.7

Rebounds 6.4

PER 19.2  (20.5 2019-20)

PG is having a better career. A better shooter/scorer, and better defensively, a true two-way player. He's been a league defensive MVP, a runner up defensive MVP, and in the final 3 for League MVP. 

 

Not that it'll change many opinions but Roger Brown (and Connie Hawkins) got railroaded out of his college and early pro career by a bogus charge that he hung out with a gambler...

No charges, no hearing, nothing...

He was 25 before he got to start his pro career with the Pacers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not that it'll change many opinions but Roger Brown (and Connie Hawkins) got railroaded out of his college and early pro career by a bogus charge that he hung out with a gambler...

No charges, no hearing, nothing...

He was 25 before he got to start his pro career with the Pacers...

That's true (and is discussed in his bio). Reflection of the times, grossly unfair to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

 I was there. 7 years old. Top 5 sports moment ever for me. 

We had rented a house for race weekend. Had 15 or so friends down from Chicago and I was only Pacer fan in the place watching that one. HUGE Indy sports moment.....funny part was 2 of my friends/girlfriends at the time were so pissed they ended up leaving 10 minutes after it went in. Haha!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We had rented a house for race weekend. Had 15 or so friends down from Chicago and I was only Pacer fan in the place watching that one. HUGE Indy sports moment.....funny part was 2 of my friends/girlfriends at the time were so pissed they ended up leaving 10 minutes after it went in. Haha!

And that preceded MJ’s miss at the other end and he actually wined a bit that Regg pushed off on him, MJ bring the king of elbow push offs that was funnyv

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And that preceded MJ’s miss at the other end and he actually wined a bit that Regg pushed off on him, MJ bring the king of elbow push offs that was funnyv

Scary thing was Jordan's shot was just about down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, Billingsley99 said:

I heard Slick this morning on an interview say that the 73 Pacers had 4 future hall of famers on it. IMO it would be hard to put PG on the list of 5.

Don’t forget the rifleman Chuck Person. 

 

Are we just talking Pacer careers all time team or their whole career? ABA vs NBA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Don’t forget the rifleman Chuck Person. 

 

Are we just talking Pacer careers all time team or their whole career? ABA vs NBA?

I remember being at game 4 of that series at Market Square and that was one of the loudest I have heard an arena.  Pacers won that game to force a deciding game 5 of the first round.  We lost game 5 but to me it was taken away from us due to some questionable calls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...