NBA Thread

12 hours ago, KDB said:

Jazz top Pelicans 106-104 - Gobert makes two free throws to win it for the Jazz in the final ten seconds.

Lakers v Clippers time. Finally. Go Lakers!!

I heard that Robin hit a game winner for the Clippers last night to beat the Lakers, then my alarm went off and back to reality 😀

51 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard that Robin hit a game winner for the Clippers last night to beat the Lakers, then my alarm went off and back to reality 😀

Ahh yes, reality, 11-17 and 6-11 for 30 points, and fouled by LBJ with a no call at the end, in a game where the Lakers just managed to win by 2, with the Clippers missing both Harrell and Lou Williams, and LBJ outplayed for 3 quarters and shooting 6-19. I see what you're doing though, lol. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ahh yes, reality, 11-17 and 6-11 for 30 points, and fouled by LBJ with a no call at the end, in a game where the Lakers just managed to win by 2, with the Clippers missing both Harrell and Lou Williams, and LBJ outplayed for 3 quarters and shooting 6-19. I see what you're doing though, lol. 

at the end of the day all that matters is the W. Robin continues to deliver the results we came to love in INdy one of the best in the game the first 47 minutes and 30 seconds. 😀

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

at the end of the day all that matters is the W. Robin continues to deliver the results we came to love in INdy one of the best in the game the first 47 minutes and 30 seconds. 😀

You know he hit a game tying three before the Lakers final possession, right? 

41 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did that win the game? My bad Paul "mr clutch " George. I like to razz to our big PG fan all in fun but at the end of the day he did not deliver the game winner

No but you'd have to have not watched the game to say he was anything other than great, especially in clutch moments. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

No but you'd have to have not watched the game to say he was anything other than great, especially in clutch moments. 

No getting up at 4am kept me from finishing game.  I don't think I said any of those things but ok. I will stick to my comment PG is THE man for 47 mi and 30plus seconds. Just not the last 10 how about that

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Or do we have 2 posters not living in Pacers angst - fed denial? 

- Transfer from the IU basketball team.....You're dead to me

- Leave the Reds as a free agent......You're dead to me.

- Ask for a trade from the Pacers......You're dead to me.

- Go out on a date with one of my exes......I feel very, very sorry for you  

:coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I only watched the first quarter or so, but I saw several calls against the Clips in that time that we’re horrible calls, and after each one Reggie Miller said “great call by the officials”!?!?  At one point I said to my wife, “how can a former professional basketball player watch these calls and think they’re good calls?”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Nothing against his game just not who I want taking the game winner.  Not sure why people take that as a slam. Great player and very few are stone cold killers

I lost any respect for PG when the team asked him t play the 4 and he refused to do it.  To me that is sign of selfishness and the me first attitude that many players have today.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I only watched the first quarter or so, but I saw several calls against the Clips in that time that we’re horrible calls, and after each one Reggie Miller said “great call by the officials”!?!?  At one point I said to my wife, “how can a former professional basketball player watch these calls and think they’re good calls?”

Does it have to be said? I mean who in the nba circle isn’t pushing the Lakers and Lebron. I know it’s a ratings bonanza for the nba but if I hear another Celtic Laker finals I’d barf. Don’t get me wrong I love Stevens and appreciate the Celtics a lot more without Kyrie and now they have Romeo but Boston LA is so tired.

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

So frustrating watching this Celtics-Bucks game. In the last three minutes Giannis had an absolute clear goaltend where he took a Hayward layup right off the rim that the refs didn’t call, then he fouled out twice and both times the refs reversed the call. 

The NBA has always been like that because the stars always has gotten the calls.  As a Pacers fan I have witness it to many time over the years when playing against teams like Celtics, Bulls or Knicks over the years.

Not sure what it is...but the past couple months I’ve not missed the NBA or MLB at all...not sure I’ll ever go back to watching it. I’m feeling really similar about the NFL too this coming year. Just can’t really work up a give a damn. College sports on the other hand really missing. Not sure what it is about the amateurism but these professionals and the owners etc just have all turned me off of wanting anything to do with any of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure what it is...but the past couple months I’ve not missed the NBA or MLB at all...not sure I’ll ever go back to watching it. I’m feeling really similar about the NFL too this coming year. Just can’t really work up a give a damn. College sports on the other hand really missing. Not sure what it is about the amateurism but these professionals and the owners etc just have all turned me off of wanting anything to do with any of them. 

I know what you mean. I used to watch em all.  NASCAR and football were the first to go. I will likely watch some basketball and some baseball but the way these primadonnas act anymore, I just don't care like I used to.

• Like 1