NBA Thread

I know the Ps don’t have a first rd pick this year(sent to the Bucks) due to signing restricted free agent Brogdon, however, after seeing quite a few college playmakers return to school I’m not so sure there will be someone available In the early 20s that would make an impact in year one or year two or for that matter be a very good role player.  A good year to ship your draft pick away for a proven veteran imo if your picking between 20 and 30. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I know the Ps don’t have a first rd pick this year(sent to the Bucks) due to signing restricted free agent Brogdon, however, after seeing quite a few college playmakers return to school I’m not so sure there will be someone available In the early 20s that would make an impact in year one or year two or for that matter be a very good role player.  A good year to ship your draft pick away for a proven veteran imo if your picking between 20 and 30. 

As many have said. Pritchard is really good. Glad he's on our side. I think he said in a radio interview. We don't have mountains or oceans here so we have to really harp the culture part of things and make guys want to come because of that. 

My biggest thing or complaint is that until the NBA does something to stop these super teams being formed by players I feel like Pacers ceiling is conference finals....unless we can someway add an extra superstar. Big off season coming up. Vic and setting ourselves up for next few years.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Romeo has some ligament damage in wrist. Not sure which hand but Stevens said surgery is an option. Just can't wait for this kid to be healthy so we can judge him correctly.

I feel like he had hurt his wrist in high school too...wonder how much damage there has always been.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Romeo has some ligament damage in wrist. Not sure which hand but Stevens said surgery is an option. Just can't wait for this kid to be healthy so we can judge him correctly.

Seriously. Kid has tremendous talent but has been snake bit by injuries. Some similarities to EJ, who eventually developed a strong career in Houston. I think Romeo will get there - rooting for him 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

So excited to watch this series! Would love to see Portland really push the Lakers. 

So many good series about to kick off!

Blazers - Lakers. Are the Lakers much better than their mediocre bubble play? Probably. But missing Bradley and Rondo I think makes them vulnerable and Dame and the Blazers look ready. Dame is playing on another level, just incredible right now. CJ though not sure - looked good against Memphis but not fully healthy and he’s key. Almost everyone picks the Lakers and hey it’s LeBron so sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Blazers win it. How about no actual home court advantage, no LA, no actual LA fans there? Lakers depth is weak. LBJ and Davis will have to really carry them.

Pacers - Heat, and Rockets - Thunder. Bring on the animosity and personal feuds! Butler - Warren, CP3-Harden. Pacers and Heat both look really well built for the future, both are good right now. With Westbrook’s quad injury Rockets are vulnerable and the Thunder are playing well, CP and Harden both will be fueled by their playoff disappointments. Both series should be really good. I’m rooting for the Thunder, can’t stand Harden. Hoping to see Vic get back into more of the player he is when healthy, have to think he’ll win one of these games with another clutch shot.

Toronto - Brooklyn. Ok Toronto wins and probably well but damn Brooklyn and LeVert have been impressive without their stars. Love how tough they play. That last game against the Blazers showed how good they are. Can see this going 6 if cards fall right. 

Your C’s - Sixers. C’s are close, think they win this series in 6, maybe 5, but interested to see how much Embiid brings now that he’s freed up without Simmons - better, imo - and you know how motivated he is after last year, and they’ll try to impose size on the C’s. Once the C’s advance it will get really interesting. Bucks, Toronto and the C’s....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So many good series about to kick off!

Blazers - Lakers. Are the Lakers much better than their mediocre bubble play? Probably. But missing Bradley and Rondo I think makes them vulnerable and Dame and the Blazers look ready. Dame is playing on another level, just incredible right now. CJ though not sure - looked good against Memphis but not fully healthy and he’s key. Almost everyone picks the Lakers and hey it’s LeBron so sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Blazers win it. How about no actual home court advantage, no LA, no actual LA fans there? Lakers depth is weak. LBJ and Davis will have to really carry them.

Pacers - Heat, and Rockets - Thunder. Bring on the animosity and personal feuds! Butler - Warren, CP3-Harden. Pacers and Heat both look really well built for the future, both are good right now. With Westbrook’s quad injury Rockets are vulnerable and the Thunder are playing well, CP and Harden both will be fueled by their playoff disappointments. Both series should be really good. I’m rooting for the Thunder, can’t stand Harden. Hoping to see Vic get back into more of the player he is when healthy, have to think he’ll win one of these games with another clutch shot.

Toronto - Brooklyn. Ok Toronto wins and probably well but damn Brooklyn and LeVert have been impressive without their stars. Love how tough they play. That last game against the Blazers showed how good they are. Can see this going 6 if cards fall right. 

Your C’s - Sixers. C’s are close, think they win this series in 6, maybe 5, but interested to see how much Embiid brings now that he’s freed up without Simmons - better, imo - and you know how motivated he is after last year, and they’ll try to impose size on the C’s. Once the C’s advance it will get really interesting. Bucks, Toronto and the C’s....

This is set up to be a fantastic playoffs. There are so many great 1st round matchups. Outside of maybe the Bucks-Orlando (is that who they play? Can’t remember) and Toronto-Brooklyn, and potentially the Celtics since the Sixers are missing Simmons (though I agree, Embiid could make that interesting on his own), every other 1st round series has compelling storylines and really interesting matchups. 

I’ll definitely miss the fans from a playoff intensity aspect, but I also think it’s really interesting that these series are going to be played without the emotional swaying of fans and homecourt advantages. 

• Like 2

Looking at the draft from a Mavs perspective and they have the 18 and 31 picks. They could use a big.  Tillman vs Oturu vs Jalen Smith.  There are others in the mix but wondering what the opinion here would be on the Big 10 trio.   I like Oturu and how he grew his game.  Mavs are one of the more prolific PnR teams in the league and he gets good scouting reports in that area.  Losing Powell really hurt them in the PnR game.  Tillman seems to be a ready made pro who can defend and there seems little question about his toughness or motor.  Don't know if he has any offensive game for the NBA.  Smith looks like like he can be the best perimeter player of the 3 but I really like Oturu's shot 

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Final NBA 2019-20 stats and trends for the nine Hoosiers that saw the floor this year.

Great to see Morgan finding a home. He has demonstrated that his exceptionally solid all-around game is suited to the NBA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Great to see Morgan finding a home. He has demonstrated that his exceptionally solid all-around game is suited to the NBA.

I expect him to get some minutes in the playoffs. Utah is a really good situation for him, Quinn Snyder seems to find a way to use almost every guy on his roster and let them play to their strengths. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

His contract is through next season so a move is possible soon.   Would love to see him stay healthy and have a big season.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I'd love to trade Turner right now for Cody and a draft pick, then either sign Cody for less or let him walk after the year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Utah and Denver in OT - Juwan played 25 min but hasn’t played in a while

coaching staff seems to have failed to note that while he went 1-5 for 3 points, along with his 7 boards, he by far leads Utah at +17 on the game.

+17 in a game that has been really tight and is in OT is something that should be noted 

Started watching half way through the 4th quarter and it has been a great game.  Mitchell has been great with 49 points in regulations but looks like the Jazz will lose in OT.