NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

The unibrow strikes again! Feel bad for the Nuggets but like with many things in sports.....guys careers are made and lost in money time. Some execute. Some don't. 

It's a shame because Denver owned the execution that 3 minutes. The Lakers were actually pretty bad the last 3 minutes and Denver played excellent defense the last possession right up until that play. Again, Malone never should have put Plumlee in there. 

• Like 1

Amazing play by Davis to drill the game winner, but, I don't think there should have been 2.1 seconds left. 

They blew the whistle on the previous okay shortly after Murray touched it, but we'll before the ball hit out of bounds. There either should have been a little more time or about a second less. Not sure if that changes the last play, but I couldn't believe they didn't review it. 

3 minutes ago, rico said:

That would be a HR hire for the Pacers.

Shams said that the Pacers are interviewing about 12 candidates and then cutting the list. So that means not everyone on that initial list by Woj interviewed. It was also said that Chauncey wasn't going to interview until the in person interviews started. 

16 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Might be a hot take, but I thought Lebron looked like age might be catching up with him in the fourth quarter. Airballed a 3 and had an ugly turnover in the lane. 

Assuming he/the Lakers win the title, I think this year is LBJ's last title. He's amazing, but you can't fight Father Time forever.

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Assuming he/the Lakers win the title, I think this year is LBJ's last title. He's amazing, but you can't fight Father Time forever.

I'm not seeing the decline when I watch Lebron play. I can make a pretty strong case he is still the best player on the planet, he just has a guy that makes it so he doesn't have to do as much. 

As long as he is playing with AD, I think we'd have to see a big drop off that there is no evidence of yet to say this is his last title. 

Even though he played at UK and strong armed himself out New Orleans,  I really Like Anthony Davis.  I hope Denver puts that magic together but it doesn't look good. 

Billy D is interviewing for the Pacers?  I hope they land him.  Doesn't already have a house in Indiana.

Edited by ATX_sig
typo

On 9/17/2020 at 2:24 AM, KoB2011 said:

They also had a flawed roster, no matter how much you and @Hoosierhoopsterwant to ignore it. They don't have a facilitator that can create for others, and when you get to crunch time that matters a lot. That shows up in the second half of playoff games. 

Disagreeing is not ignoring.  Had I ignored, I would not of responded.  what is Kawhi suppose to do give the ball to a facilitator in crunch time just so a facilitator can give it back to him.  I saw the Clippers missing a lot of open shots.  I think having a faciltator is pretty low on the list of reasons they lost. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don't know.  He can opt out in 2 summers and give a discount while they keep AD and chase other superstars.  Maybe that doesn't seem in his DNA but he wants to win titles and being in LA can make money elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but if Lakers win they tie Celtics for 17 titles as a franchise. I think Lebron (if he gets title this year) might want one more to cement his legacy. Not that it's needed but winning titles with 3 different teams and getting Lakers one more than Celtics is big out there.

Only can help in the legacy department. Again not that he needs it.

Edited by Seeking6

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not seeing the decline when I watch Lebron play. I can make a pretty strong case he is still the best player on the planet, he just has a guy that makes it so he doesn't have to do as much. 

As long as he is playing with AD, I think we'd have to see a big drop off that there is no evidence of yet to say this is his last title. 

I see it, others see it, he’s 35 and next year will be 36. He’s one of the all time greats. No one can fight Father Time forever.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but if Lakers win they tie Celtics for 17 titles as a franchise. I think Lebron (if he gets title this year) might want one more to cement his legacy. Not that it's needed but winning titles with 3 different teams and getting Lakers one more than Lakers is big out there.

Only can help in the legacy department. Again not that he needs it.

Yes good point. 
I’m neither a LeBron hater nor a LeBron fan. There is no question that he’s one of the best ever. But I see him slowing particularly on D, he’s not the consistent offensive force he was either, but he absolutely gets the best out of others around him and yes it’s possible they add a better player or 2 and win again. Still he can’t go forever, the end is not far off 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Disagreeing is not ignoring.  Had I ignored, I would not of responded.  what is Kawhi suppose to do give the ball to a facilitator in crunch time just so a facilitator can give it back to him.  I saw the Clippers missing a lot of open shots.  I think having a faciltator is pretty low on the list of reasons they lost. 

That lack of a facilitator isn't felt in the last play of a game, when clearly Kawhi is getting the ball. Can you, or anyone, point out the last team to win a title without a guy that could create easy looks for others? That's one of the top things teams need to win a title, IMO. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I see it, others see it, he’s 35 and next year will be 36. He’s one of the all time greats. No one can fight Father Time forever.

I'm not saying he can forever, but he finished second in the MVP voting and like I said, you can make a very strong case for him still being the best player in the game. Even if he has lost something, he's still one of the absolute best players in the world and there is no reason to think that is changing in the next year or two. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not saying he can forever, but he finished second in the MVP voting and like I said, you can make a very strong case for him still being the best player in the game. Even if he has lost something, he's still one of the absolute best players in the world and there is no reason to think that is changing in the next year or two. 

I do think he’s still one of the 2 best players in the NBA. But it’s age man and he is starting to slow. Next year he’s 36. Then in 2 he’s 37. That’s too old to be the same dominant force, and the dude carries a large physique. He will slow again next year. No way he’s playing at the same level at 37.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I do think he’s still one of the 2 best players in the NBA. But it’s age man and he is starting to slow. Next year he’s 36. Then in 2 he’s 37. That’s too old to be the same dominant force, and the dude carries a large physique. He will slow again next year. No way he’s playing at the same level at 37.

He might be slowing but can still take over when he wants or feels the need to. Also mature enough to facilitate and let AD do his thing. The oop to LBJ from Caruso and James is still eye level with the rim. Plenty in that tank. In 2 years he will still be better than 95% of the NBA

17 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Can't fight father time forever, but too many variables to say this would be his last title. Ring chasing vets may come calling for the minimum. What if Giannis decides to go there? LeBron's decline is inevitable, but he led the league in assists this year for the 1st time in his career, so he's already shown that he can adapt to his current situation (team, decline, etc.).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Can't fight father time forever, but too many variables to say this would be his last title. Ring chasing vets may come calling for the minimum. What if Giannis decides to go there? LeBron's decline is inevitable, but he led the league in assists this year for the 1st time in his career, so he's already shown that he can adapt to his current situation (team, decline, etc.).

Absolutely.  I think of an aging Kareem with Magic and Worthy on the same floor.

• Like 1