NBA Thread

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He might be slowing but can still take over when he wants or feels the need to. Also mature enough to facilitate and let AD do his thing. The oop to LBJ from Caruso and James is still eye level with the rim. Plenty in that tank. In 2 years he will still be better than 95% of the NBA

That's kind of how I see it, too. He may not be able to be the best player on the court for 40+ minutes every game anymore, but he can play 30-35 and be the best player when he needs to be then pull out 40+ for game 7's and things like that. But when you have AD to lean on, that's plenty enough to win multiple championships.

And you can see it throughout the playoffs and the regular season, he focused more on facilitating than he has in the past and he led the league in assists (not that he wasn't a great facilitator before). I just think the guy is so talented in so many ways, and so smart, that he'll just find a new way to be one of the most impactful players in the world. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's kind of how I see it, too. He may not be able to be the best player on the court for 40+ minutes every game anymore, but he can play 30-35 and be the best player when he needs to be then pull out 40+ for game 7's and things like that. But when you have AD to lean on, that's plenty enough to win multiple championships.

And you can see it throughout the playoffs and the regular season, he focused more on facilitating than he has in the past and he led the league in assists (not that he wasn't a great facilitator before). I just think the guy is so talented in so many ways, and so smart, that he'll just find a new way to be one of the most impactful players in the world. 

You said it much better than I but I agree completely.  Ayden loves LBJ so we have watched a lot  over the years and he can still do whatever needs to be done.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to look back at the above at the end of next year's playoffs. Also relevant, teams like Golden State (with Steph and Klay healthy) and the Nets (with KD healthy) will be back in the mix. Boston will be better. The Clips will have a full year (probably) healthy together. You could have Greek Freak jumping to LA -- I don't think he will -- or maybe to Miami (which would make that team immediately the favorite, imo). No disrespect to LBJ, but I don't think he wins another one after this year.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Been a good fit for the Pacers and now there is not really anyone out there that blows me away.  I might take a chance on Chauncy Billups and see how he does.

I thought Kenny Atkinson did a phenomenal job in Brooklyn. I’m still not sure what happened there. Is there something about him I’m missing?

He’d be a good hire. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t see him going to another small market team. It’s a rebuild though. Guess he didn’t like the roster make up of the sixers and no one wants to coach the Knicks although they could use a legit coach.

I think they're closer than people think. They've got some really good young guys that could floorish under a good coach. 

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Big win for the Nuggets. They're just a tough team with no chill. 

I have really enjoyed the bubble. 

Great win for them. A shame they lost Game 2 with that buzzer beater. The Nuggets are so tough and skilled. Fun to watch. 

The bubble has been awesome! I think we’re really seeing the effect of these guys not having to travel all over the country and not having to play back-to-backs, etc. 

The guys are fresh, rested, and playing hard every night. It’s been great. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It will be interesting to look back at the above at the end of next year's playoffs. Also relevant, teams like Golden State (with Steph and Klay healthy) and the Nets (with KD healthy) will be back in the mix. Boston will be better. The Clips will have a full year (probably) healthy together. You could have Greek Freak jumping to LA -- I don't think he will -- or maybe to Miami (which would make that team immediately the favorite, imo). No disrespect to LBJ, but I don't think he wins another one after this year.

You very well could be right.  But I ain't betting against LBJ.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Great win for them. A shame they lost Game 2 with that buzzer beater. The Nuggets are so tough and skilled. Fun to watch. 

The bubble has been awesome! I think we’re really seeing the effect of these guys not having to travel all over the country and not having to play back-to-backs, etc. 

The guys are fresh, rested, and playing hard every night. It’s been great. 

and not being able to go to the clubs after the game

• Like 1

Being up 5 with under a minute to go and losing Game 1 is going to haunt the Celtics. 

Tough loss and not looking good for my C’s. 

- Kemba is a massive liability defensively. 

- Way too many 3’s, when they won last game by passing up 3’s and attacking the basket. 

- Over 20 turnovers was the difference. 

- While he bounced back in a big way in the second half, you can’t have your best player go 0’fer in the first half. 

- Tyler Herro is going to be a star in the NBA. Ugh, and that’s who Ainge wanted at #14 and Miami took him at #13. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Celtics should have gotten Hayward a half court shot for the tie

The Celtics shouldn't have turned the ball over 20+ times. 

I'm a Kemba fan, he's definitely a much better fit than Kyrie was, but its going to be difficult for this team to win a title with him being such a huge defensive liability. Toronto in the last series and now Miami have just abused him. Its not a lack of effort, he's just too small.