NBA Thread

As for the debate about the refs and how coaches use the media.  I remember when the Pacers played the bulls in the ECF and after every game the losing coach would go to the media and complain about the calls.  The problem was that the Bulls had the last say after game 6 and got every call down the stretch to beat the Pacers in game 7.

Loved Vic at IU.  But, if he's pulling crap like this after everything both the City/State and the Pacers have done for him, well, then I'm not going to be the same fan I was before.  He would never become the 'celebrity' he did if OKC had traded him anywhere other than Indiana.  It was the perfect storm for Vic and now, after a bit of adversity, it seems as if may be turning his back.

Not cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Loved Vic at IU.  But, if he's pulling crap like this after everything both the City/State and the Pacers have done for him, well, then I'm not going to be the same fan I was before.  He would never become the 'celebrity' he did if OKC had traded him anywhere other than Indiana.  It was the perfect storm for Vic and now, after a bit of adversity, it seems as if may be turning his back.

Not cool.

Guess we should get use to this as Pacers fans with players thinking they are above playing for the Pacers and living in Indiana.  Players come in and say all the right things and play well and then become celelbrities and they change how they feel about Indiana.

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I like that, especially if the Kings would thrown in Yogi.  I doubt he would complain about being a Pacer.

Woudn't mind Ygi but he would not get playing time here either with Brodgon, A Holiday and McConnell. If this is true then i am getting so tired of these entitled athletes trying to run the league and getting to play where they want to.  All they have to do is say they want to be traded and demand a trade.  The orginaization pretty much have to try to get what they can even though the other teams know you have to trade them.  PG started out here playing well and being part of the team and everything looked positive and then when he became a star then everything changed.  it appears that VO is going down the same path and it pisses me off.  This is the main reason that I don't watch tha tmuch of the NBA normaly.  I have watched more this summer because there is nothing else to do but I am tired of the players attitudes.

• Like 1

Read the report and said about the Celtics but it does not make since for them to get VO.  I can see them going after Turner but not VO.  They have brown and Tatum so it appears they have the wing position in good shape.  It was reported earlier in the year that Miami would be interested but after this playoffs it appears they don't need him because Herro has been a good 2 guard.

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Doc is out in LA. 

Not a shock. Doc is a great person it seems like but this is still a business in a town where 2nd might as well be 32nd. Clippers should be able to haul in almost whoever they want. Get a chance to coach a champion like Kawhi. Imagine the Clippers will have plenty wanting that position. 

Just for the fun of it since I have no life right now I am looking at possible trades for the Pacers

1) Pacers and Celtics

Celtics get Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb

Pacers get Gordon Hayward and the 14th and 26th pick

2) Pacers and Kings

Kings get VO and Aaron Holiday

Pacers get Buddy Hield, Yogi Ferrell and the 12th and 35th picks

So the Pacers would have the 12th, 14th, 26th, 35th and 54th picks in the draft

Starting lineup

Brogdon

Hayward

TJ Warren

Sabonis

New starter hopefully a draft pick

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not a shock. Doc is a great person it seems like but this is still a business in a town where 2nd might as well be 32nd. Clippers should be able to haul in almost whoever they want. Get a chance to coach a champion like Kawhi. Imagine the Clippers will have plenty wanting that position. 

Maybe Donovan should have waited a little longer to get this job

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just for the fun of it since I have no life right now I am looking at possible trades for the Pacers

1) Pacers and Celtics

2) Pacers and Kings

Starting lineup

Brogdon

Hayward

TJ Warren

Sabonis

Just looked at Draftnet to see who they had at all of these draft picks

12) Cole Anthony- UNC

14) Jalen Smith- Maryland

26) Jaihmus Ramsey- Texas Tech

35) Reggie Perry- Miss. St

54) Austin Wiley- Auburn

Well the Pacers would not draft all of these PF and Centers but would like the first 3 picks

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1) Pacers and Celtics

2) Pacers and Kings

Starting lineup

Brogdon

Hayward

TJ Warren

Sabonis

The thing with dreaming up trades is that people tend to look at who they / their team want, and then consider trades that the other team would simply never do. It has to work both ways. The Boston trade thought would be dead at the starting line, it just isn’t remotely good value for Boston. 

The Kings deal is more realistic, not sure the Kings would do it — it would favor them if Vic returns fully healthy, and Hield has been coming off the bench lately, but he’s a real scorer right now and Vic’s health is uncertain.

Love the idea of Yogi returning to IN, and the chance to play for a non joke of an organization agsin.

29 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The thing with dreaming up trades is that people tend to look at who they / their team want, and then consider trades that the other team would simply never do. It has to work both ways. The Boston trade thought would be dead at the starting line, it just isn’t remotely good value for Boston. 

The Kings deal is more realistic, not sure the Kings would do it — it would favor them if Vic returns fully healthy, and Hield has been coming off the bench lately, but he’s a real scorer right now and Vic’s health is uncertain.

Love the idea of Yogi returning to IN, and the chance to play for a non joke of an organization agsin.

You should see some of the people on YouTube and there proposals for VO.  They are laughable like the Lakers get VO and the Pacers would get Green, Caruso and Kuzma.  This was a couple of months ago and at that time that was terrible and still is but Kuzma has played alright.  Another one with the Knicks and can't rememb er all of it but the best player he had the Pacers getting was Knox.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I hear ya on the Celtics trade, but they're probably in the NBA Finals if that trade happened two weeks ago. 

12 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

His playoff record is .500

True. But, you could also argue Steven has overachieved with that record. The devil is in the details. That team two years ago with Kyrie and Hayward injured, Tatum's rookie year, had no business taking LeBron's Cavs 7 games in the ECF. Probably had no business making the ECF. 

The season before, pre Kyrie, Hayward and Tatum, they probably also had no business making the ECF and predictably got swept by the Cavs title team. 

Edited by BGleas

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's an odd move though to just give that team 1 year together, especially when Kawhi and PG can both opt out I believe after next year. While I think they certainly underachieved, it was really a two year window and it's off to make this move in the middle of that window. 

I also believe both Kawhi and PG said they wanted to be coached by Doc, so I'd guess Balmer ran this by them? Although he seems like a bit of a loose cannon. 

It's just an interesting move. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I hear ya on the Celtics trade, but they're probably in the NBA Finals if that trade happened two weeks ago. 

The Celtics are a true title contending team if Thies (who I love) is a their backup center, Wanamaker is their 3rd string pg and not the backup, and they add a pure shooter off the bench. 

They need to turn Hayward, who I like and don't really want to move, into two prime/veteran rotation players and then sign another rotation players. It's not that I want to move Hayward but he's the only real asset they have that you'd be willing to move in terms of players. Yes, they have guys like Langford, Grant Williams, etc. as throw ins, but Hayward is the only real contract to move. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's an odd move though to just give that team 1 year together, especially when Kawhi and PG can both opt out I believe after next year. While I think they certainly underachieved, it was really a two year window and it's off to make this move in the middle of that window. 

I also believe both Kawhi and PG said they wanted to be coached by Doc, so I'd guess Balmer ran this by them? Also he seems like a bit of a loose cannon. 

It's just an interesting move. 

It’s a really odd move especially considering Doc didn’t have a healthy or complete team all year and for most of the playoffs, and it was their first year together.

This sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to the Clips coming up really short. They did, but there are so many obvious “buts” there that firing Doc after 1 season with the new stars is just, well, odd 

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Celtics are a true title contending team if Thies (who I love) is a their backup center, Wanamaker is their 3rd string pg and not the backup, and they add a pure shooter off the bench. 

They need to turn Hayward, who I like and don't really want to move, into two prime/veteran rotation players and then sign another rotation players. It's not that I want to move Hayward but he's the only real asset they have that you'd be willing to move in terms of players. Yes, they have guys like Langford, Grant Williams, etc. as throw ins, but Hayward is the only real contract to move. 

So throw McDermott, McConnell and Langford into that trade. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Throwing Langford in, we'll need Aaron Holiday. I know he wasn't great his rookie year, but he's still a lottery pick that injuries played a part in his performance. 

Holiday was not a lottery pick,he was drafted 23rd.  I had him going with VO to Sacramento.

I through in Jeremy Lamb with Turner for Hayward and draft picks

Edited by IU Scott