NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Holiday was not a lottery pick,he was drafted 23rd.  I had him going with VO to Sacramento.

I through in Jeremy Lamb with Turner for Hayward and draft picks

I know. KoB said for Boston to throw in Langford in exchange for McDermott and McConnell. I was saying that Langford was a lottery pick, so that wouldn't be enough. I'd want Holiday for Langford. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I don't think Boston is going to give up the best player and two lottery picks (Langford & the 2020 14th pic) and another first rounder. 

If they want a team to take that contract they will have to give more up.  Also we are talking about a player that has missed a lot of time the last few years.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If they want a team to take that contract they will have to give more up.  Also we are talking about a player that has missed a lot of time the last few years.

His contract is up after next season. It's a gift. Turner's contract has more money and years on it

Edited by BGleas

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well at least we know now.  Plenty of time to shop.  

J Michael(Indy Star writer that covers the Pacers) confirmed that the article that Jared Weiss released had accurate information that J Michael had heard from previous conversations.  Would not surprise me if either Vic/Myles or both are traded going into this upcoming offseason

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well at least we know now.  Plenty of time to shop.  

Just like Billingsly said earlier.....I feel the same way. Until I have heard it from his mouth or directly from the Pacer's organization, it will be a misconstrued rumor. The damning thing is Victor is not coming out and squashing the rumor.

• Like 1

Trade Scenarios involving the Celtics that work for salary reasons and not including picks

Vic and Turner for Hayword and Langford

Turner and Mcdermott/Lamb for Hayword 

In these scenarios the Celtics would likely throw in a pick or two to offset Hayword's salary and yes they would be willing to do it. They have to clear up cap space. The Pacers likely won't be trading Holiday either unless he doesn't fit what the new coach wants.

Also word around the league is that Hayword is much more willing to come home to the Pacers than he has been in the past.

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What I find funny is that i heard part of the reason they let go of McMillian was that th eplayers were not happy with his offense.  I figured one of those olayers were VO and since they let the coach go I swould think it would make him happy.

Victor has his eyes set on other things. If it's not Vic directly it's people in his ear. 

https://clutchpoints.com/victor-oladipo-three-best-trade-destinations-for-pacers-star/

For a laugh look at the third trade idea from this guy.  To the Clippers for Paul George so this guy has no idea what he is talking aobut.  Also said he could go to the Veltics for Hayward and he could be the best 6th man playing there.  The other one is not good for the Pacers with him going to the Hornets for Rozier and Monk.

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Trade Scenarios involving the Celtics that work for salary reasons and not including picks

Vic and Turner for Hayword and Langford

Turner and Mcdermott/Lamb for Hayword 

In these scenarios the Celtics would likely throw in a pick or two to offset Hayword's salary and yes they would be willing to do it. They have to clear up cap space. The Pacers likely won't be trading Holiday either unless he doesn't fit what the new coach wants.

Also word around the league is that Hayword is much more willing to come home to the Pacers than he has been in the past.

The Celtics would throw picks in for Vic/Turner, not for Turner and McDerrmot or Lamb. Hayward is an expiring deal next summer, so the Celtics would actually be taking back more years and long term money. 

Ainge would throw one in simply because the Celtics have so many picks and don’t need more rookies though. 

16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Victor has his eyes set on other things. If it's not Vic directly it's people in his ear. 

When you let people in your ear, it's who you become as well.  We all have the ability to choose our own path, and even though we let people guide us in a direction, it's still our choice.

Keep in mind, Vic wasn't going to play in the bubble until he found out he wouldn't be paid. Then in the first playoff game, he sits after getting poked in the eye. Doesn't strike me as someone who would run through a brick wall for his team. 

It's Paul George all over again. Promising player who suffers a severe leg injury, then turns into a total diva who thinks he can do better than Indiana. Trade him now while he still has some value. 

I think Rondo has been a big boost to the Lakers since he returned.  He was very disruptive against Denver.  KCP, Green, and Caruso who are pretty decent defenders got even more engaged.  I think the Miami 3 point guys won't be so lethal against the Lakers. Bookmark that because it may be a silly comment.   IMO, if the Lakers win game 1 they are going to roll through this series. 

Here are a couple trade ideas:

Would you trade VO for DeRozan. Find a third team to trade a big to the Spurs. I can see Aldridge on the way out and they have several young guys in the backcourt to replace DeRozan.  Actualy Turner for DeRozan makes a lot of sense for the Spurs. Maybe Turner and VO for LA and DeRozan. If you don't like LA then rumors are he might like to finish up in Portland or maybe send to Boston. 

Mavs could use Turner.  He's from Dallas and has been around Mavs in summer ball.  He provides much of what the Mavs need. THJ is probably the Mavs 3rd best player and I think Turner would become their 3rd best player pending other deals. I really don't think there is much difference in 31 and 18th picks in draft.  Mavs probably would prefer to trade 31 not to use 1.5 mil of the MLE to sign the 2nd rounder.   THJ and 31 for Sumner and Turner?  THJ can replace VO in the rotation if VO is dealt. 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Keep in mind, Vic wasn't going to play in the bubble until he found out he wouldn't be paid. Then in the first playoff game, he sits after getting poked in the eye. Doesn't strike me as someone who would run through a brick wall for his team. 

It's Paul George all over again. Promising player who suffers a severe leg injury, then turns into a total diva who thinks he can do better than Indiana. Trade him now while he still has some value. 

Reports from the staff was he had blurred vision after getting poked and couldn't see throughout the remainder of the evening and into the late night.  Take it what you may but he still played in the following games.  

Too many people outside of his ear getting in his head.  Grass isn't always greener on the other side just ask PG.  I love VIc but is his worth a max contract??  Personally I think not and IMO this is why he will be traded is due to his asking price.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055

29 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Reports from the staff was he had blurred vision after getting poked and couldn't see throughout the remainder of the evening and into the late night.  Take it what you may but he still played in the following games.  

Too many people outside of his ear getting in his head.  Grass isn't always greener on the other side just ask PG.  I love VIc but is his worth a max contract??  Personally I think not and IMO this is why he will be traded is due to his asking price.  

Yes, good points.

My question here, a step removed -- I'm a long-time Pacers fan, but not as much as a P's fan as I was when they had Reggie, and then the PG years. Bird's moves with the P's toward  the end really made me take a step back on my P's fandom. Love the work Pritch has put in, in building the team back and see it headed generally in the right direction -- but here's my "but" --

Isn't it fair to question why top flight players leave/want to leave the Pacers? Isn't it fair at some point to stop simply bad-mouthing players? That this thread is now actually bad mouthing Vic just blows me away.

Bad mouthing Vic???? What the hell???? The guy is a Hoosier LEGEND. He has been as strong a Hoosier supporter, during his IU career and throughout his pro career, as ANYONE. He has also been a GREAT Pacer. He came to the P's with all kinds of questions, after a seriously underwhelming time in OKC, and had most on here saying the P's got the better end of the PG trade. He became a top 20 player in one year. He was fantastic in his last playoffs, actually pretty much outplayed LBJ. Then he suffers a serious leg injury, misses all kinds of time, comes back and is clearly not fully healthy / back to his prior form, goes through NORMAL contract negotiations, gets questioned about his future, and now is on the way out. 

Why doesn't anyone actually look at the Pacers brass/ownership. The owners of the P's are cheap. Seriously, they always have been. That's part of the problem. It has always been part of the problem. There's other things going on in the way they treat / handle their stars. From Bird's absolutely moronic public ridiculing of PG for not agreeing to play power forward immediately after his season-long almost career ending injury -- please name another coach or president of basketball operations who publicly ridicules the team's star/superstar? NO ONE. No one is that stupid and pig headed, except Bird, and ownership was right there with him, they did nothing. I don't mean to dwell on the PG thing (here we go, oh HH you just love you your PG, lol), I'm referencing it for what it reflected as to how ownership and the front office treat / handle their stars. Please name a top flight NBA player who would WANT to come to Indiana while Bird was ridiculing PG publicly for not playing the 4 -- obviously, out of position -- and after his almost career ending season-long injury? Please name a star who would have any interest putting up with a front office that allows that, and doesn't pay at the same level as the stars get elsewhere? Why aren't people here questioning the P's management?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes, good points.

My question here, a step removed -- I'm a long-time Pacers fan, but not as much as a P's fan as I was when they had Reggie, and then the PG years. Bird's moves with the P's toward  the end really made me take a step back on my P's fandom. Love the work Pritch has put in, in building the team back and see it headed generally in the right direction -- but here's my "but" --

Isn't it fair to question why top flight players leave/want to leave the Pacers? Isn't it fair at some point to stop simply bad-mouthing players? That this thread is now actually bad mouthing Vic just blows me away.

Bad mouthing Vic???? What the hell???? The guy is a Hoosier LEGEND. He has been as strong a Hoosier supporter, during his IU career and throughout his pro career, as ANYONE. He has also been a GREAT Pacer. He came to the P's with all kinds of questions, after a seriously underwhelming time in OKC, and had most on here saying the P's got the better end of the PG trade. He became a top 20 player in one year. He was fantastic in his last playoffs, actually pretty much outplayed LBJ. Then he suffers a serious leg injury, misses all kinds of time, comes back and is clearly not fully healthy / back to his prior form, goes through NORMAL contract negotiations, gets questioned about his future, and now is on the way out. 

Why doesn't anyone actually look at the Pacers brass/ownership. The owners of the P's are cheap. Seriously, they always have been. That's part of the problem. It has always been part of the problem. There's other things going on in the way they treat / handle their stars. From Bird's absolutely moronic public ridiculing of PG for not agreeing to play power forward immediately after his season-long almost career ending injury -- please name another coach or president of basketball operations who publicly ridicules the team's star/superstar? NO ONE. No one is that stupid and pig headed, except Bird, and ownership was right there with him, they did nothing. I don't mean to dwell on the PG thing (here we go, oh HH you just love you your PG, lol), I'm referencing it for what it reflected as to how ownership and the front office treat / handle their stars. Please name a top flight NBA player who would WANT to come to Indiana while Bird was ridiculing PG publicly for not playing the 4 -- obviously, out of position -- and after his almost career ending season-long injury? Please name a star who would have any interest putting up with a front office that allows that, and doesn't pay at the same level as the stars get elsewhere? Why aren't people here questioning the P's management?

What does VO playing at IU had to do with what he is doing now in the NBA.  I loved IT at IU but with the Pistons not do much because I was not a Pistons fan.  Once they leave IU and playing in the NBA and the act like VO is right now I will call him out.

I think you will see a trade like VO to the Nets for a Levert it to the Mavs for a Hardaway.

Also why are players today above being criticized and are they so soft that they can't handle being coached

Edited by IU Scott

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Why aren't people here questioning the P's management?

Admittedly, I am going to be pro-management most of the time.  it's just who I am and how I see things.

In this particular, case, I don't see Vic's actions to be a betrayal of the Pacers, or even Pacers fans.  This bothers me more as a Hoosiers fan than it does a Pacers fan.

It feels a little more personal than something like the PG13 situation because Vic was a Hoosier before becoming a Pacer

I keep asking myself, would Cody do this.  Or, would Yogi do this.  I realize they haven't achieved what Vic has achieved, but at the same time, I like to believe (and maybe I'm wrong) that each of those guys would take some sort of hometown discount to get to play in Indiana long term.  I always though Vic would as well.  And, yes, hometown discounts do occur on occasion.  

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes, good points.

If Vic would just come out and say he's leaving because Pritchard drafted TJ Leaf over OG, I'd be cool with it.

• Haha 2