NBA Thread

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If the Pacers hire Finch, it makes me question somethings. Since he was an assistant for both the Rockets and Pelicans and both have coaching openings was he considered? If not why? What does that say? Maybe nothing  maybe something 

He’s had talks with the Pelican’s and David Griffin. I think they are big name hunting with their hire though. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 5:17 PM, dwtaylor1055 said:

Barry Jackson is a writer that covers teams sports for teams in Miami. 

ACBF8EBA-6E0E-4F16-BC46-DCFC1753A0EF.jpeg

I think the whole narrative that Finch is the "favorite" is over blown and probably been pushed out by his agent and not the Pacers especially since they aren't even starting their in person interviews until this week. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think the whole narrative that Finch is the "favorite" is over blown and probably been pushed out by his agent and not the Pacers especially since they aren't even starting their in person interviews until this week. 

Agree that it's overblown, but not sure who is pushing it. Could be his agent like you said, could be the Pacers to try and gain leverage on other candidates in negotiations, could be something else. Never know what the hidden agendas are or who they're coming from IMO

10 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Agree that it's overblown, but not sure who is pushing it. Could be his agent like you said, could be the Pacers to try and gain leverage on other candidates in negotiations, could be something else. Never know what the hidden agendas are or who they're coming from IMO

I've heard on a couple of Pacers podcasts that some of those guys are hearing that there is a lot of smoke and mirrors with the Pacers gig. The reason I don't think it's the Pacers with Finch is because he was called the favorite before the Pacers ever finished their zoom interviews with Craig and Quinn who were thought to be serious contenders coming from Miami. That just makes no sense for the Pacers to leak that out imo. 

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I've heard on a couple of Pacers podcasts that some of those guys are hearing that there is a lot of smoke and mirrors with the Pacers gig. The reason I don't think it's the Pacers with Finch is because he was called the favorite before the Pacers ever finished their zoom interviews with Craig and Quinn who were thought to be serious contenders coming from Miami. That just makes no sense for the Pacers to leak that out imo. 

Have to say one thing the P's have been very good at over the years, and consistently, is keeping their moves close to the vest. They are good with "smoke and mirrors." People think they know what they're about to do, and are often then surprised. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Have to say one thing the P's have been very good at over the years, and consistently, is keeping their moves close to the vest. They are good with "smoke and mirrors." People think they know what they're about to do, and are often then surprised. 

I imagine Simon just wants to save a few $$ so he is playing games with their agents.

According to Brian Windhorst the talk of Vic to Miami is most likely coming from Vic's camp because Miami has their sights set on bigger fish this offseason. That said other than a trade for Beal, Westbrook, or Paul I'm not sure what bigger name players will really be available. 

51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

According to Brian Windhorst the talk of Vic to Miami is most likely coming from Vic's camp because Miami has their sights set on bigger fish this offseason. That said other than a trade for Beal, Westbrook, or Paul I'm not sure what bigger name players will really be available. 

Giannis

Just now, DC2345 said:

The Pacers have made their hire. Nate Bjorkgen is the guy and been named the new head coach of the Indiana Pacers. He was the top assistant with the Raptors.

And not mentioned previously. Like some poster(s) said, Pacers are good at keeping it close to the vest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Bjorkgren

Bjork GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Bjork, Giphy, Affiliate marketing

Edited by cybergates
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I'm now curious to see how the Pacers go about filling out the coaching staff and what kind of offensive system this Nate goes with. I also am anxious to see what moves the Pacers make with their trades and free agency this year. 

Hopefully one of the assistants is a former HC since he has never been a NBA HC

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers have made their hire. Nate Bjorkgen is the guy and been named the new head coach of the Indiana Pacers. He was the top assistant with the Raptors.

Only 2 ways to view this. One is Pacers went cheap or Pacers have found a gem that fits their roster makeup. Expect plenty of fast break points and zone defense is what I'm hearing. 

On a completely unrelated note. Peter Dinwiddie was a guy that started with Pacers way back when. If there is a rung below ticket sales on the NBA career path that's where he started. Anyway....pretty cool to see hard work pay off. He's VP of Operations now at Philly....one step below Elton Brand. Pretty cool story for the local guy.

• Like 2