NBA Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It is hard for the pacers because they never pick in the top of the draft.  Even this year having a top 5 pick does not even guarantee you getting an elite player.  Listening to Fran Fraschilla he doesn't think any of projected top 5 picks will be an elite all star player.  He thinks those players will be a third or 4th options on a good NBA team.  He likes the players that will be picked in the middle of the draft better but doesn't see any real game changers in this draft.

That’s why you have to move Myles or Vic and angle for a lottery pick. Maybe not even this years but next. Pacers always want players that can contribute right away. Established but they have to think outside the box. They are great at building a playoff team...but that is still a long shot from winning something. Have to find a star, develop a star, and fill in the pieces. I have confidence they can fill in the pieces...but they aren’t committed to winning big...it takes guts...maybe even losing but with no risk comes no reward.

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Welp, all the guys I was hoping would drop to the Celtics at 14 got taken in the 3 previous picks. Will be so Danny Ainge to take RJ Hampton. 

Took a shooter...similar size to Romeo....wonder if he will steal his minutes. Nba is cut throat. You are a lottery pick one day and maybe fighting for a g league check the next.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thought there would more trade talk during the draft

I think teams are having a hard time convincing others this draft is worth investing in. No doubt some teams that want to win now wanted to move picks but doesn’t seem it worked out. Of course Klays injury might have dampened GS desire to go all in this year.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Took a shooter...similar size to Romeo....wonder if he will steal his minutes. Nba is cut throat. You are a lottery pick one day and maybe fighting for a g league check the next.

We'll see. Shooting and defense is what you want around Tatum, Brown and Kemba. This kid is apparently a shooter and Langford showed a lot of defensive potential last year. I would think if Nesmith is even an average defender he would win out over time. 

My only concern with Nesmith is I saw he only shot 34% from 3 two years ago, then he shot incredibly well last season but in an injury shortened season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We'll see. Shooting and defense is what you want around Tatum, Brown and Kemba. This kid is apparently a shooter and Langford showed a lot of defensive potential last year. I would think if Nesmith is even an average defender he would win out over time. 

My only concern with Nesmith is I saw he only shot 34% from 3 two years ago, then he shot incredibly well last season but in an injury shortened season. 

Yep...it’s a crowded roster. For Romeo to break out he will likely have to play somewhere else in the long run I’m afraid.

but let’s see him get healthy first...pointless to speculate if he can’t do that.

Edited by dgambill

New GM. New Coach. Bulls still seem to defy the consensus. 

I'm getting fed up with Chicago sports. 

-Bears: "Let's trade up to get Mitch Trubisky....he seems better than Mahomes and Johnson"

- Bulls: "Let's pick a project at the number 4 pick; when he's projected to go 8th."

What is about Chicago that attracts sports executives who think they're smarter than everybody else? I want my Bulls team back....I barely watch their games these days. I hope I'm proven wrong, but don't think that's going to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Thing that would scare me about Wiseman and Edwards, neither really seem to especially love the game of basketball..... especially Edwards.

Heard that yesterday as well. I did not know Edwards had lost his Mom and Grandmother within a year of each other and was homeless prior to Grandma taking him and Mom in. For those reasons alone I will pull for this kid. 

I did find it interesting when he said I dont love basketball but am just really good at it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard that yesterday as well. I did not know Edwards had lost his Mom and Grandmother within a year of each other and was homeless prior to Grandma taking him and Mom in. For those reasons alone I will pull for this kid. 

I did find it interesting when he said I dont love basketball but am just really good at it

That's true, kid lost a lot and has been through a lot.  I hope he comes through big.

• Like 1