NBA Thread

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I think the conference finals will be warriors/rockets and philly/cavs. Rockets over Philly for the title. 

That’s a bold prediction, and could happen.

I think Philly’s lack of playoff experience and LBJ’s next level will make it too much for them but they have the talent.

if Rockets win that would really be something for Houston, coming off a terrible flood, then the MLB championship and an NBA championship? 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

If raptors can hit shots, they will win.  They just seem the most complete, healthy, and have important continuity.  

Would say the same in the west with gs but with Curry??? it may be wide open.  Rockets are legit and have something to prove with 3 guys that have always fallen short, harden, Paul, and Dantoni.  OKC has a chance, and I wouldn't rule out a kwahi/Pop/Spurs sighting.  

Yes good points, and both Harden and CPIII are playing with chips on their shoulders. 

I think the loss of Roberson is too much for the Thunder to overcome — when he went down they had figured it out and were playing as well as anyone, great on both sides of the ball and having both Roberson and PG made them a defensive juggernaut, but without him PG looks like he’s wearing down a bit and they can’t switch like they used to. Also how they finish is big — big road W over Houston last night and they’re currently in 7th, that’s probably their best position against Curry-less Warriors, as 8th is against the Rockets and 6th against Portland, with Dame playing incredible ball and Trail Blazers having their number 

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That’s pretty cool, really. Great to see the continuing bond, and what a couple of great players in Vic and Cody

Anyone see CTC after the game.  Working with Vic on his free throw motion. Vic has had 3 of last 4 games missed back to back free throws. Great to see coach still supporting and coaching. IU IS A better place for having had a guy like Tom Crean as it's coach

• Like 3

Anyone catch the Wolves-Nuggets game? Great game, win or go home for both, goes to overtime, high drama.

But where I'm really going with this is Denver finishing 46-36, 10 games over .500, and missing the playoffs, with a better record than 3 Eastern Conf teams that are in. The Wiz only finished 43-39, and they're in. It's time to go to best 16 in, the guaranteed 8 spots for the Eastern Conf thing, in my mind, is kind of meaningless. It's not like the Wiz, or for that matter Miami or the Bucks, have any chance of advancing deep. It would kind of suck to be a Denver fan, 46-36, and home for the summer.

• Like 2