NBA Thread

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't really care, I just think it's funny and kind of typical Paul George that he said "my MVP season". That isn't something that someone that has never won the MVP says. 

Indeed...Paul George thinks the nba is a horseshoe league. He has that imaginary trophy sitting next to his multiple championship rings...you know those times he almost beat Lebron.

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Never should have gone to Sacramento. I did see a tweet from a reporter that he's one of the vet guards that is generating interest from some teams. 

Yep. Said that when he made the move. He was betting on himself, for the money, but he bet on himself on the team with terrible management and front office.

Yogi needs to be on a playoff caliber team. Bad teams are full of young/high draft picks that management wants to get run and opportunities for. He hurts you on defense but he needs a team that needs a little offense off the bench...maybe a 3rd pg. At this stage he needs 8-10 mins a night....but consistently getting those minutes not just in blow outs. He can be a good rotational piece for a team that could use some shooting off the bench.

• Like 1

Sacramento did get rid of Divac and has a new GM.  Their situation is a bit of a cluster but for their sake I hope the new GM is shrewd and starts building that team smartly. 

I feel bad for the long time fans of a pro team that can’t seem to do anything right.  The Clippers used to be like that.  The Pacers of the early to mid 1980s were a mess like that.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Sacramento did get rid of Divac and has a new GM.  Their situation is a bit of a cluster but for their sake I hope the new GM is shrewd and starts building that team smartly. 

I feel bad for the long time fans of a pro team that can’t seem to do anything right.  The Clippers used to be like that.  The Pacers of the early to mid 1980s were a mess like that.  

Most Chicago pro teams are like that. 

• Like 1

Pacers.  4 of 20 from 3.  40 points with about 2.5 mins to play in the half.  

Like Scott said.  Trying to play faster but it is definitely not anything pretty or looks engrained yet.  

Playing smaller guard wise out of the gate with Holiday, Brogden, Olidipo with the 2 bigs.  It would work if Turner can hit deep.  Sabonis shot a three too.  

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Juwan with a solid game last night.  11 points (3-4 from deep) and 7 boards.

Great to see him in the League. He’s fundamentally excellent. He’s been overcoming the limitations that most thought would keep him from making it. You can be a solid NBA play on strong fundamentals, a great understanding of the game, and effort 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Haha, you're going to have to work really hard to convince me that the Nets are actually contenders. 

There's no way this ends well. 

Kyrie is such an idiot. It's honestly a testament to LeBron's greatness that he accomplished what he did with that as his second best player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Kyrie is such an idiot. It's honestly a testament to LeBron's greatness that he accomplished what he did with that as his second best player. 

It's unbelievable, and while Durant is far more accomplished he also doesn't handle to spotlight the best all of the time. 

I can see Durant completely losing his mind by mid season if Kyrie is hogging the ball and not talking to the media. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's unbelievable, and while Durant is far more accomplished he also doesn't handle to spotlight the best all of the time. 

I can see Durant completely losing his mind by mid season if Kyrie is hogging the ball and not talking to the media. 

Just imagine Harden joining that group. Maybe they could throw a second ball out on the floor 

• Like 1

I hope it is just the pre season but it is hard watching these Pacers game.  One thing is with announcers not there plus microphones you can't hear when the whistle blows.  Granted tonight the Pacers are without 4 players with 3 key players missing but these games have not been very good.

This won't be popular but I enjoy watching the Pacers better when VO is not playing.  It seems like the other players play more feely when VO is not in the lineup.

I’m ok with the Pacers loosing these early, pre-season games etc. I can tell the difference the “new” Nate is trying establish....fast pace, scoring outside by droves. This will take a bit, and have to endure turn overs and growing pains, but I like this new concept. Vic will have to keep up, get better or move over. 

Edited by Artesian_86