NBA Thread

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I’m ok with the Pacers loosing these early, pre-season games etc. I can tell the difference the “new” Nate is trying establish....fast pace, scoring outside by droves. This will take a bit, and have to endure turn overs and growing pains, growing but I like this new concept. Vic will have to keep up, get better or move over. 

Not worried about losing in the pre season and they need to get healthy.  Right now there second unit is not very good because 3 of them are starting

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In two preseason games the Pavers are 32-84 from 3's.  I am hoping we are not going to be shooting this many 3's all year long because I am not a fan of that style of play.  Especially with how this roster is set up where they don't have a bunch of great shooters.

But they hit over 40 percent from deep tonight 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

But they hit over 40 percent from deep tonight 

Yet they lost both games.  I don't mind if they are coming part of the offense where the are moving the ball.  In the first quarter tonight they was getting great ball movement and kicking out for open 3's and hit 8-12.  After that especially in the second half they just jacked up all of bad shots.

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That’s the beauty of pre-season....the “new” Nate comes highly regarded. I will take the liberty to say he is seeing what he has from all phases. Be patient....

My only problem is will this lineup be condusive to shooting a lot of 3's.

Brogdon

VO

Warren

Turner

Sabonis

The two Holidays and McDermott are the only real good 3 point shooters. Brogdon can hit a good percentage but is not a high volume shooter

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yet they lost both games.  I don't mind if they are coming part of the offense where the are moving the ball.  In the first quarter tonight they was getting great ball movement and kicking out for open 3's and hit 8-12.  After that especially in the second half they just jacked up all of bad shots.

One thing I have learned over the years, NBA preseason means zero. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Scott it's preseason, who wins is completely meaningless, but how the team shoots matters.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I know what others have said about G-league development, but I still wonder what might have been for Noah if he'd been better prepared before entering the draft.  It just seems easier to develop in college without wondering when you're going to be cut.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I tended to think he would stay, but of course wasn't sure. 

He has always seemed like a guy like a Dirk or Duncan or for even a Dame who wanted to stick it out.

I honestly thought he would go to Miami. I would. Riley knows how to construct a team and they have a really good coach. 

Does the contract fit into the Celtics trade exception? :coffee:

I kid, I kid! For real though, I'm equal parts surprised and happy. I'm glad he's staying in Milwaukee, while their moves haven't been perfect, Milwaukee has in good faith done what they can to build a team around him to contend and I'm glad Giannis recognized and rewarded that.

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I know what other shave said about G-league development, but I still wonder what might have been for Noah if he'd been better prepared before entering the draft.  It just seems easier to develop in college without wondering when you're going to be cut.

The G has been getting guys lately.  But I get what you are saying.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Some guys walk to the beat of their own drum, always thought Giannis was one of those guys. He's no Butler.

And he probably will never be surrounded by championship caliber talent. Miami could have provided him that. I don’t get your Butler swipe..that guy is a pit bull on the court. Wants to win at all cost and I respect he forced his way out of some terrible organizations and situations. Good luck to Giannis. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I know what other shave said about G-league development, but I still wonder what might have been for Noah if he'd been better prepared before entering the draft.  It just seems easier to develop in college without wondering when you're going to be cut.

He definitely left too early in regards to his readiness, but he was the 9th pick, so it's hard to say it was the wrong move. He's still only 25 and made close to 20M. So hopefully he's invested his cash and keeps working at his game. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And he probably will never be surrounded by championship caliber talent. Miami could have provided him that. I don’t get your Butler swipe..that guy is a pit bull on the court. Wants to win at all cost and I respect he forced his way out of some terrible organizations and situations. Good luck to Giannis. 

It's not really a swipe at Butler -- it's that Butler has jumped to numerous teams now. Count the teams. I don't buy into your view of Butler -- he has been a cancer but has matured. And yes, he is chasing a ring in his latest jump to Miami. However, again, I didn't mean it as a swipe at Butler, and definitely no faulting his leaving Philli for Miami, Miami is a better organization than Philli and Miami is clearly built better a a team.

As to whether he'll be surrounded by championship talent, who knows? The Bucks have had the best record in the East two years running, right? They were clearly a step away from the championship last year, but just came up short. This year Giannis himself got exposed for lack of an improved jumper, and he needs to work on that, and the Bucks got exposed because they got worse, not better, but still good enough to rack up the best regular season record. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's not really a swipe at Butler -- it's that Butler has jumped to numerous teams now. Count the teams. I don't buy into your view of Butler -- he has been a cancer but has matured. And yes, he is chasing a ring in his latest jump to Miami. However, again, I didn't mean it as a swipe at Butler, and definitely no faulting his leaving Philli for Miami, Miami is a better organization than Philli and Miami is clearly built better a a team.

As to whether he'll be surrounded by championship talent, who knows? The Bucks have had the best record in the East two years running, right? They were clearly a step away from the championship last year, but just came up short. This year Giannis himself got exposed for lack of an improved jumper, and he needs to work on that, and the Bucks got exposed because they got worse, not better, but still good enough to rack up the best regular season record. 

Who did Lebron trust to get him his championships? To have a rookie coach lead him? Giannis obviously can do what he thinks best but if I want to cement my legacy I know where to go in the East to do that. I know who I would trust to help me do it. That said like most NBA stars he can force his way out if the time comes.