Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Looks like Lamb is about back.  Traveling with the team on this road trip and has been full go in practice lately. 

Also, article notes that Warren will be out 6-8 weeks.  Previously they were afraid it was way worse.  

 https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2021/01/10/pacers-news-nate-bjorkgren-waiting-green-light-play-jeremy-lamb/6616108002/

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brogdon nailed the welcome press conference this morning.  Wants to make everyone around him better, Brogdon mentioned how he wanted to play for the Indiana Pacers, wanted to play for Nate, wants to m

Was listening to Justin Termine and Eddie Johnson on NBA radio while out running some errands.  They absolutely trashed both Kyrie and Harden.  I mean it was no holds barred.  Basically implied Durant

Posted Images

The Pacers is not looking good at all night especially on the defensive end.  They are down 82-74 to Sacramento in the middle of the 3rd quarter.  After giving.up 125 in their last game and already hiven up 82 tonight.  I still think it would be in the next interest of the Pacers to trade VO and Turner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Pacers lost to a terrible Sacramento team 127-122 Pacers got a lead with two minutes to go but was outscored by 6 in the last two minutes.  I just really dislike this new Pacers system where they are jacking up 40+ 3's.  They only went to the line 10 times tonight and that is mainly from Sabonis.  We was making a run in the 4th and then VO thought he had to take over the game.  He turned the ball over a couple of times and took some very bad shots.  I am just not a fan of his game and he had totally changed the way he play because he thinks he is a super star.  He needs to realize he is no better than the third best player on this team.  Trade VO and Turner and bud around Brogdon, Sabonis and Warren

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Pacers lost to a terrible Sacramento team 127-122 Pacers got a lead with two minutes to go but was outscored by 6 in the last two minutes.  I just really dislike this new Pacers system where they are jacking up 40+ 3's.  They only went to the line 10 times tonight and that is mainly from Sabonis.  We was making a run in the 4th and then VO thought he had to take over the game.  He turned the ball over a couple of times and took some very bad shots.  I am just not a fan of his game and he had totally changed the way he play because he thinks he is a super star.  He needs to realize he is no better than the third best player on this team.  Trade VO and Turner and bud around Brogdon, Sabonis and Warren

I hate hearing this about VO.  He used to be a huge favorite of mine, but ever since hearing he wanted out of Indy and now wondering if fame hasn't gone to his head and hurt his competitive fire, my only real wish is that he shows enough to extract decent trade value.

I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but who would have ever imagined that Sabonis might be the real asset of that trade...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Pacers lost to a terrible Sacramento team 127-122 Pacers got a lead with two minutes to go but was outscored by 6 in the last two minutes.  I just really dislike this new Pacers system where they are jacking up 40+ 3's.  They only went to the line 10 times tonight and that is mainly from Sabonis.  We was making a run in the 4th and then VO thought he had to take over the game.  He turned the ball over a couple of times and took some very bad shots.  I am just not a fan of his game and he had totally changed the way he play because he thinks he is a super star.  He needs to realize he is no better than the third best player on this team.  Trade VO and Turner and bud around Brogdon, Sabonis and Warren

Well they are avg 34 which is 18th in the league and hitting 36.5% so that's not the problem.

One key indicator to the problem. Is being 29th in rebounds.  What does this tell you?  You alluded to it already.  Settling for jump shots is a sign.  Lack of toughness.  Turner and Olidipo are both finesse players.

You can only have so many on the team.  McDermott's another one.  In fact sabonis might be the only guy on the team who's not a finesse player.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well they are avg 34 which is 18th in the league and hitting 36.5% so that's not the problem.

One key indicator to the problem. Is being 29th in rebounds.  What does this tell you?  You alluded to it already.  Settling for jump shots is a sign.  Lack of toughness.  Turner and Olidipo are both finesse players.

You can only have so many on the team.  McDermott's another one.  In fact sabonis might be the only guy on the team who's not a finesse player.  

Hammer meet nail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok for the NBA guys. Tell me what Caris Levert is as a player, how he fits,etc....sorry to see Victor go. Maybe those rumors last August had some legs and Pritchard thought this was the best player they could get without him just walking??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seeking6 said:

Ok for the NBA guys. Tell me what Caris Levert is as a player, how he fits,etc....sorry to see Victor go. Maybe those rumors last August had some legs and Pritchard thought this was the best player they could get without him just walking??

At worst this is a lateral move for Indy, at best I think they just got better. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Oladipo, but Lavert is a really, really good player who just keeps getting better. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BGleas said:

At worst this is a lateral move for Indy, at best I think they just got better. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Oladipo, but Lavert is a really, really good player who just keeps getting better. 

I honestly really like the move. I really liked Oladipo but Levert is younger and is under control until 2023. I think he’s going to be really good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

At worst this is a lateral move for Indy, at best I think they just got better. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Oladipo, but Lavert is a really, really good player who just keeps getting better. 

That's what my 20 seconds of research is saying. Levert (everyone is spelling with E instead of A so I'll go that way) is an all star who will fit with Sabonis, Brogdon....and contract where Pacers have control until 2023. 

Hate to lose Victor but from business side of things this seems pretty good move for Pacers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's what my 20 seconds of research is saying. Levert (everyone is spelling with E instead of A so I'll go that way) is an all star who will fit with Sabonis, Brogdon....and contract where Pacers have control until 2023. 

Hate to lose Victor but from business side of things this seems pretty good move for Pacers.

Vic likely wasn’t going to re-sign with the Pacers anyway after the year so at least we got a really good piece for him. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Vic likely wasn’t going to re-sign with the Pacers anyway so at least we got a really good piece for him. 

Exactly.  This should be a win for the Pacers.  And, Levert is probably thrilled to be away from all the drama that Kyrie is causing in Brooklyn.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what my 20 seconds of research is saying. Levert (everyone is spelling with E instead of A so I'll go that way) is an all star who will fit with Sabonis, Brogdon....and contract where Pacers have control until 2023. 

Hate to lose Victor but from business side of things this seems pretty good move for Pacers.

He's got all-star potential, but I wouldn't call him that yet until he does it. But yes, a younger version of Oladipo on a much better deal, and probably someone that will be excited about the opportunity with the Pacers. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Exactly.  This should be a win for the Pacers.  And, Levert is probably thrilled to be away from all the drama that Kyrie is causing in Brooklyn.  

No doubt. I think he can thrive in Indy. Once we get healthy, our depth will be insane. Brogdon/Levert/Warren/Sabonis/Turner then we have Lamb coming back alongside both Holidays, and Doug McD. Love it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...