NBA Thread

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

BGleas talked about why he doesn't understand why people think college basketball is better.  I say players attitudes like VO, Kyrie and Harden are the main reason people don't like the NBA

I'm talking about the play on the court. The actual game is much, much better at the NBA level. 

I don't like what Harden, Kyrie and Oladipo are doing  either and I think the commissioner is going to have to address this. But these are off the court things. 

In college I don't like how the top programs cheat their faces off and there are no repercussions for essentially buying players in plain sight and the NCAA does nothing. 

There are issues surrounding both sports. But as far as the play on the court, I'd rather watch highly skilled players making plays and shots, as opposed to guys bricking wide open shots, shooting 2-for-20 as a team and struggling to score 65 points. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

When Vic comes back to Indy and we have fans again, what kind of reception do you think he’ll get?

It will be very mixed.  Some will always love him from his IU days.  Others will feel a great amount of betrayal.  Betrayal can often bring about stronger emotions than love 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

It will be very mixed.  Some will always love him from his IU days.  Others will feel a great amount of betrayal.  Betrayal can often bring about stronger emotions than love 

I wonder how it’ll compare to PG’s first game back. I was at that game and it was vicious. Assuming it won’t be nearly that bad but expect plenty of boos. 

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm talking about the play on the court. The actual game is much, much better at the NBA level. 

I don't like what Harden, Kyrie and Oladipo are doing  either and I think the commissioner is going to have to address this. But these are off the court things. 

In college I don't like how the top programs cheat their faces off and there are no repercussions for essentially buying players in plain sight and the NCAA does nothing. 

There are issues surrounding both sports. But as far as the play on the court, I'd rather watch highly skilled players making plays and shots, as opposed to guys bricking wide open shots, shooting 2-for-20 as a team and struggling to score 65 points. 

That is the thing I don't think offenses at any level is real entertaining to me.  To me basketball wasn't meant to have 4 guys standing around the 3 point line waiting for someone to drive and kick it out for a 3.  To me the best offenses used player movement, Ball movement cutting and screening.  To me seeing guys over dribble at the top of the key and waiting for a ball screen is not entertaining.  I actually saw to back cuts for easy layups by Minnesota today and haven't seen that very many times lately.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

i often wonder if Harden hates his beard.  He has had to wear it for so long now because its his trademake.  Like does he wake up and and look at himself in the mirror and tell his beard how much he hates him and threatens to shave it off.  Then just cries a little to himself and gets ready for the day

Thats where he keeps a sandwich, have you seen his fat ass.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Damn that sucks hope whatever it is, is benign / not too serious 

I'm not going into get into the quality of care he had while at Brooklyn....but Levert owes a huge debt of gratitude to the medical personnel in Indianapolis. Proving once again why Indy healthcare is thought so highly of.

Regarding long term impact. Doesn't sound like it's serious or the Pacers would have voided the trade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/17/2021 at 12:18 AM, NotIThatLives said:

Pacers are getting an extra 2.6 million and an extra 2nd round pick due to LeVerts issues.  Really hoping this is nothing.  

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261217/Pacers-Receive-Cash-Additional-Second-Round-Pick-After-Issue-With-Caris-LeVert-Physical

The extra compensation sound like he will miss a good chunk of the season though. You don’t get part of his salary paid and extra draft pick if he isn’t going to miss decent amount of time.

• Sad 1