NBA Thread

12 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

How long till OG is a free agent?  2 years?  By then sabonis and Turner should be entering prime, Vic full prime, OG is a missing piece.  Yogi's career is projecting ahead of Lowrys.  Bring em home 2020.  

Would love to but I'm guessing OG's next contract is gonna be pricey if he maintains his trajectory.

16 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

How long till OG is a free agent?  2 years?  By then sabonis and Turner should be entering prime, Vic full prime, OG is a missing piece.  Yogi's career is projecting ahead of Lowrys.  Bring em home 2020.  

I believe there years, but he will be a RFA. Pacers would basically have to trade for him. 

It really is great to see that Eric Gordon found his home in this Rockets system over the past couple of years. I've always regretted that his Hoosier legacy was overshadowed by Samscum fiasco, despite averaging nearly 21 points/game his freshman year. He had the talent to lead this team to a deep run in March until that team imploded. Then he went through string of injuries that limited him in the NBA when he should have been blossoming as a player. It's really nice to see him look like he's got his legs under him and his shot confident these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyHoosier said:

It really is great to see that Eric Gordon found his home in this Rockets system over the past couple of years. I've always regretted that his Hoosier legacy was overshadowed by Samscum fiasco, despite averaging nearly 21 points/game his freshman year. He had the talent to lead this team to a deep run in March until that team imploded. Then he went through string of injuries that limited him in the NBA when he should have been blossoming as a player. It's really nice to see him look like he's got his legs under him and his shot confident these days. 

Couldn't agree more. He started out really well, and you might recall he was the player for whom CPIII was traded - at the time it looked like a good 2-way deal, but then he had significant injuries literally every season, and it looked like he would end up an injury-prone player who never got to play to his potential. The trade to the Rockets was his life vest, he quickly became the NBA's 6th man, he has avoided any further significant injury, and he attacks the basket with the best. 

Was sitting behind the Rockets bench at a game earlier this season, he happened to look my way and I tugged at my IU shirt -- got a grin, he's having fun again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If the Raptors are the best team in the East the Pacers are not far off. Watching this game I think the Pacers would be up 2-0

The Raptors are not the best team in the East. They had the best record because of injuries (Celtics) and some upheaval (Cavs) to other teams. 

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Raptors are not the best team in the East. They had the best record because of injuries (Celtics) and some upheaval (Cavs) to other teams. 

I'd argue you can include the Pacers, Sixers and maybe even Bucks as better teams. The Raptors just had the benefit of no major injuries and returning mostly the same team as last year. 

I actually think the East was as good as the West this year, sans Golden State and Houston. If the Celtics are healthy then I think they'd be in that group. 

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd argue you can include the Pacers, Sixers and maybe even Bucks as better teams. The Raptors just had the benefit of no major injuries and returning mostly the same team as last year. 

I actually think the East was as good as the West this year, sans Golden State and Houston. If the Celtics are healthy then I think they'd be in that group. 

I can agree with that. I’ve never really considered the Raptors a real serious threat. Obviously I’m a homer, but I think if fully healthy the Celtics would be going to the Finals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I can agree with that. I’ve never really considered the Raptors a real serious threat. Obviously I’m a homer, but I think if fully healthy the Celtics would be going to the Finals. 

Next year your C’s are going to be exceptional. The silver lining is the injuries allowed your young guns to turn into budding stars 

13 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Next year your C’s are going to be exceptional. The silver lining is the injuries allowed your young guns to turn into budding stars 

The Celtics will be the deepest team in the NBA next year. It's honestly stupid how much depth they have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The Celtics will be the deepest team in the NBA next year. It's honestly stupid how much depth they have. 

Somewhere Gleas is salivating.

No questioning Ainge's strategy, it is sick.

Philli is going to be really good as well. Pacers could be in the group to challenge. But yeah, C's look set up to dominate. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Somewhere Gleas is salivating.

No questioning Ainge's strategy, it is sick.

Philli is going to be really good as well. Pacers could be in the group to challenge. But yeah, C's look set up to dominate. 

Philly is going to have two of the top 5-8 players in the game in a couple years; bright future ahead! 

Pacers probably will only have 1 legit star, but he will probably have better talent around him and might be better than any individual on Boston too. 

Then the Bucks obviously have some great pieces.

Those four should make the East fun for a while, but yeah, I think the Celtics are in the best spot. 

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Philly is going to have two of the top 5-8 players in the game in a couple years; bright future ahead! 

Pacers probably will only have 1 legit star, but he will probably have better talent around him and might be better than any individual on Boston too. 

Then the Bucks obviously have some great pieces.

Those four should make the East fun for a while, but yeah, I think the Celtics are in the best spot. 

Agree, Philly is going to be good for a long time. Embiid is ridiculous and Simmons is just going to get better as he develops a perimeter game. Will be interesting what happens though if Reddick, Belinelli and Illyasova all leave. They will have some holes to fill. I really hope they don't get LeBron, it will completely stunt Simmons growth, and I don't think it will go well. 

I agree with you on the Pacers as well. Vic is just going to get better as he gets more comfortable being a star and they have a nice supporting cast. It would be helpful if they can sign a fringe star to accompany him though, just a reliable scorer to take some pressure off. Not sure I agree with you on the talent around him or him being a better star than anyone on Boston. I love Vic, Kyrie is better though, and the supporting cast of Horford, Brown, Taytum and Hayward is better than anyone the Pacers have around Vic. I may have misinterpreted your thought there though?

Taytum is going to be a star in his own right. He just passed Kobe last night for the youngest player ever to have 4 straight 20-point playoff games. Dude is going to be a perennial all-star at some point. 

The Bucks have good pieces, but I think if they don't make some playoff noise really soon that Giannis is going to look to bolt when his contract is up. He won't want to toil in Milwaukee being a first round exit every year. 

48 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree with you on the Pacers as well. Vic is just going to get better as he gets more comfortable being a star and they have a nice supporting cast. It would be helpful if they can sign a fringe star to accompany him though, just a reliable scorer to take some pressure off. Not sure I agree with you on the talent around him or him being a better star than anyone on Boston. I love Vic, Kyrie is better though, and the supporting cast of Horford, Brown, Taytum and Hayward is better than anyone the Pacers have around Vic. I may have misinterpreted your thought there though?

I'm going to have to disagree that Kyrie is better than Vic; assuming Vic can repeat or grow on what he did this year. He was just as good of a scorer and their defense isn't even remotely close. It isn't like Kyrie is an elite distributor, either. 

I did not mean that the Pacers have better talent around Vic than Boston. I was saying Pacers have better talent around Vic than Simmons and Embiid have around them in Philly.