NBA Thread

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

If the season doesn’t change soon for the Pacers I got to contemplate moving McConnell and Mcdormet to a playoff team in hopes of some draft capital. I just don’t think Lavert or Warren will be ready soon enough to make a difference.

Right now the Pacers would be picking in the lottery if the season ended today. Levert is supposed to be back after the all star break and I think that will help the Pacers but if it takes much time for him to get acclimated then I'd start moving some expiring contracts and load up on draft capital for this years draft. With the Pacers 3 second round picks already they could probably move all of those already for a second first round pick at the end of the first if they wanted to and that's without selling off anything else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Vic turned down a 2 year, $45M extension. 

It seems like the Pacers weren't wrong on what at least some other teams perceive his value to be. I'm all for guys betting on themselves, I think VO may have missed on this bet, though. 

I think he made a big mistake but if he waits until after season he could get 4 or 5 years from Houston. Not sure they will but my guess his team is banking on that or a trade to a contender before trade deadline 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Right now the Pacers would be picking in the lottery if the season ended today. Levert is supposed to be back after the all star break and I think that will help the Pacers but if it takes much time for him to get acclimated then I'd start moving some expiring contracts and load up on draft capital for this years draft. With the Pacers 3 second round picks already they could probably move all of those already for a second first round pick at the end of the first if they wanted to and that's without selling off anything else. 

Wish they would’ve traded Aaron Holiday a year or so ago when his stock was high.  I don’t see him being anything other than a rotational player at this point.  Pacers aren’t going to win the title when Sabonis is your best player.  I love him but the game has changed too much for a low post player to be your best.  

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wish they would’ve traded Aaron Holiday a year or so ago when his stock was high.  I don’t see him being anything other than a rotational player at this point.  Pacers aren’t going to win the title when Sabonis is your best player.  I love him but the game has changed too much for a low post player to be your best.  

This is a good deep draft. I’d be doing whatever I need to load up. It isn’t like the Pacers have to worry about selling out this year with Covid limiting fans. Might as well yank this year and build toward 22. That would have been my plan all offseason though..considering their moves they aren’t thinking like me though. Pacers have a nice core of players...they just need that alpha...not sure where they can get him but maybe they luck out in the draft.

That said given our draft history we will probably take a center. 😖

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Levert and Warren being out have led to most of these recent struggles. I agree that they need someone else to compliment Sabonis. Cunningham is a pipe dream but he would fit with his size. I also like Kispert as a guy whose skill set compliments the rest of the Pacers current roster. I also think trading of the centers will eventually happen and I don't see it being Sabonis. 

The team is too predictable with only Brogdon and Sabonis as the primary scorers.  Doug and Justin have done solid jobs filling in, however, they are no more than a role player at best.  LeVert returning drastically helps this team and could legit lead the team in scoring(injuries pose a slight risk here).  For this team to make a run in this playoff they need Warren in the mix and I do not think he'll make it back.  

Myles defense is huge for this team but he's the only player on the team that would net a good return and we aren't trading Sabonis or Brogdon.  Goga has shown flashes in games he's played this season, you can see he's much more confident and active as a shot blocker and sets good screens(he's def serviceable as a backup center and potentially more).  He'll be the backup center to Sabonis.  A starting group of Brogdon/LeVert/Warren/Sabonis can be very very good and add in a top 10 pick that you could get for Myles to play the PF spot watch out.  

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The Pacers desperately miss Warren and Levert. With those two they have a very deep, balanced roster. Without those two? Yikes. 

Yep could have a really good team come back next year and a chance to add a really good piece if this year flubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Admittedly I've soured on the NBA over the years but typically try to stay halfway informed. Can someone give me the cliff notes version of what is going on with Pacers?

No Lavert

No Warren

Last night Lamb was out and McDermott left last nights game.

• Like 2

I still don't understand NBA coaches and their subbing patterns.  The Pacers going into the 4th quarter was down 8 to the Nuggets.  We started the quarter wit 4 bench guys and Sabonis who is not having a good game.  St the 6 minute mark the Pacers were down 16 and finally brought back the starters.  You pretty much lost the game because you have a pattern when to sub.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 12:06 AM, KoB2011 said:

Vic turned down a 2 year, $45M extension. 

It seems like the Pacers weren't wrong on what at least some other teams perceive his value to be. I'm all for guys betting on themselves, I think VO may have missed on this bet, though. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-reportedly-interested-in-victor-oladipo-who-could-be-the-upgrade-that-doesnt-compromise-the-future/

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

LeVert back for Pacers. Another dynamic playmaker. Their schedule is very tough but if they can string some runs together they’ll be right back in it as a top 4 seed. Add Warren once he’s healthy and watch out. 

I don’t think Warren will be back this year.