NBA Thread

On 3/14/2021 at 4:25 PM, dgambill said:

Imagine if Golden St pick from Minnesota ends up being #1! I’ve also heard they might target Vic by moving Oubre and some smaller pieces.

I think that pick is top 3 protected so Wolves keep it in that case and GS gets 22 pick unprotected. I like cunningham but the 4 pick is likely to be pretty good too if the Warriors land that one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I think that pick is top 3 protected so Wolves keep it in that case and GS gets 22 pick unprotected. I like cunningham but the 4 pick is likely to be pretty good too if the Warriors land that one. 

Yeah if I’m golden st I keep the pick. They had their run. They can still be very good next several years but at least Wiseman, Poole, and 21 draft pick could transition them into another run in 6-7 years maybe. Win now and into the future. Just need to find a way to move Oubre and Wiggins for a difference maker.

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder what is going on with the Pacers because I have seen reports that they could look to trade Sabonis and Brogdon

Id be surprised because they are locked up long term and it would take lottery picks to get them...and I don’t think lottery teams are going to make moves for them.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Wish Victor would have stayed in town but now I'll have reasons to take in a couple of Heat games each winter. Also like seeing him in a franchise that is very, very solid from top to bottom. Hopefully his last stop. 

ITS not the Pacers fault Vic is gone.

Edited by Indykev

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Wish Victor would have stayed in town but now I'll have reasons to take in a couple of Heat games each winter. Also like seeing him in a franchise that is very, very solid from top to bottom. Hopefully his last stop. 

I am glad he is no longer a Pacer.  Kind of wonder why he has been in 5 organizations In 8 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

ITS not the Pacers fault Vic is gone.

Never said it was. Just didn't work out for both. Wish it would have but I'm going to wish him well in a great organization. I'm not a diehard NBA guy but it's not like the Pacers have been doing whatever it takes to win for a long time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am glad he is no longer a Pacer.  Kind of wonder why he has been in 5 organizations In 8 years

I feel like I'm piling on (OK...I am piling on).  Vic doesn't seem like the same person he was when he was at IU and even early into his Pacers tenure.  I think it's definitely a case of money (and accolades) change a person.

Appreciate what he did at IU and what he did for IU, but not a real fan of what I've heard and seen recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

From some of the things i've been told Vic went from being my fav. hoosier to below Bracy Wright and Kelvin Sampson.

I was always a big fan of Vics but it seems like he has changed once he got some success at the NBA level. If the rumors are true of him talking to Heat players about being traded there during a game, then that is not a good look.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

IU Legend ? not even close

Darn it. I owe my wife a $1. I told her if I said legend someone would come along within 30 minutes saying legend?? How about a very, very good basketball player that with the help of others took us from the abyss to being ranked number 1 in the country, won a big 10 title, #1 seed in tourney and helped several others choose IU because of his success. Is that better?

• Haha 1