Jump to content

NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I heard SVG is out...and he and Carlisle are good buds. I could see Cuban just cleaning house and trying for a fresh start. I would think Carlisle would be interested in the Milwaulkie job if it came available....what about the Celtics @BGleas   although I think they are going to go with a younger face I would assume.

Carlisle would be fantastic, but I think the Celtics will be going a younger, fresher direction. Someone in the Billups, Cassell, Becky Hammon type of mold. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

That Trae Young guy is pretty damn special. 

I was more impressed with PG's performance last night. I honestly didn't expect it. With the current crop of young stars in the league (Young, Doncic, Mitchell, Tatum etc) the NBA will be just fine when Curry, Kawhi, Durant, and Lebron move on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Boston.

If Milwaukie becomes available I'd go with that one. The Boston media market is pretty brutal so even though they have some really good pieces not sure I would want to deal with that pressure. At the moment no doubt the roster is fixable and to have two star talents is nothing to sneeze at. Besides...who wants to hear locals cuss you out with those accents anyways! So annoying lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Milwaukie becomes available I'd go with that one. The Boston media market is pretty brutal so even though they have some really good pieces not sure I would want to deal with that pressure. At the moment no doubt the roster is fixable and to have two star talents is nothing to sneeze at. Besides...who wants to hear locals cuss you out with those accents anyways! So annoying lol. 

Meh.  Boston is the marquee franchise in the NBA(f@#* the Lakers).  Granted the leash is much shorter but the rewards are greater.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta think with firing of Scott Brooks in Washington....that Beal and Westbrook will get moved this summer. Not sure why they would fire him after he took that disaster of a team to the playoffs. Basically coach was fired for the GMs mismanagement of the roster. smh

My prediction....Westbrook to NY (who have tons of picks plus young assets) and can easily absorb his contract. Beal is much more difficult to figure out where he goes. Almost every team in the NBA is interested in him and could use him. A lot of value and I'm sure a lot of teams would give up a lot of picks to land him. GS if their pick from Minnesota comes through would have so much capital to dangle. I could easily see a swap say for Bryant and Beal for Wiseman, Wiggins (who can be flipped for more picks if necessary), 4-7th pick, their 14th pick, and a future 1st. That's a lot of ammo if GS wanted to make a move...be hard to overcome that for another team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh.  Boston is the marquee franchise in the NBA(f@#* the Lakers).  Granted the leash is much shorter but the rewards are greater.

It is...and the Bucks job hasn't come available of course...but I think they are much closer to a championship then the Celtics...and if you win a championship in Mil...you can probably count on being kept around for a long long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Doc Rivers owns the distinction of being the coach that has 5 of the 8 biggest blown leads in the past 2 playoffs. 

Doc Rivers is the NBA version of Dusty Baker...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rico said:

Doc Rivers is the NBA version of Dusty Baker...

 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Doc Rivers owns the distinction of being the coach that has 5 of the 8 biggest blown leads in the past 2 playoffs. 

Doc Rivers has had the privilage of coaching some of the most incredible rosters ever...and it seems like after he fails he just fails up. First in Orlando he had Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill (could have had Tim Duncan but decided that his family aren't allowed to travel with the team was too important to make an exception for one of the greatest players ever). Hill's ankle basically killed any chance for Orlando but still he had MVP caliber Mcgrady. Then he goes to Boston and is gifted by the basketball gods Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett....which he turns into only 1 championship. Then he makes his way to LA and ends up with lob city with Chris Paul, Deandre Jordan, and Blake Griffin in their prime. Then they tear it down and he ends up with Kawhi Leonard & Paul George with a stunning cast surrounding them....and they lose. Then he ends up in Philly with Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, and Ben Simmons and are on the verge of yet another disappointing finish.....gotta say..sure there have been some bad luck in those years with injuries but to only have 1 championship after coaching all the talent he has over the years...does make you wonder. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

 

Doc Rivers has had the privilage of coaching some of the most incredible rosters ever...and it seems like after he fails he just fails up. First in Orlando he had Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill (could have had Tim Duncan but decided that his family aren't allowed to travel with the team was too important to make an exception for one of the greatest players ever). Hill's ankle basically killed any chance for Orlando but still he had MVP caliber Mcgrady. Then he goes to Boston and is gifted by the basketball gods Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett....which he turns into only 1 championship. Then he makes his way to LA and ends up with lob city with Chris Paul, Deandre Jordan, and Blake Griffin in their prime. Then they tear it down and he ends up with Kawhi Leonard & Paul George with a stunning cast surrounding them....and they lose. Then he ends up in Philly with Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, and Ben Simmons and are on the verge of yet another disappointing finish.....gotta say..sure there have been some bad luck in those years with injuries but to only have 1 championship after coaching all the talent he has over the years...does make you wonder. 

Phil Jackson sort of did the same thing...but he won.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Phil Jackson sort of did the same thing...but he won.

Well given the teams he has had...and then the way they have lost....man why do people think he is such an incredible coach? Heck I'm starting to wonder if not for Tom Thibodeau if he would have even won the 1.

 

2009 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Magic

2010 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Lakers

2012 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Heat

2015 Clippers: Blew a 3-1 lead to the Rockets, losing the last three by no less than 12 points

2020 Clippers: Blew a 3-1 lead to the Nuggets, after Denver had been through a seven-game series the previous round.

And on the verge of collapse against a Hawks team that let's be honest they have no business losing to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

It is...and the Bucks job hasn't come available of course...but I think they are much closer to a championship then the Celtics...and if you win a championship in Mil...you can probably count on being kept around for a long long time.

While the Bucks may be closer to a championship, I actually think they'll have a harder time getting over the hump. They have a big problem named Giannis - he needs to drastically change his approach or he isn't going to win in the playoffs. He needs to be Shaq, not Kobe. 

Until Giannis changes his mindset it won't matter who the coach is or what roster moved they make, IMO. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

While the Bucks may be closer to a championship, I actually think they'll have a harder time getting over the hump. They have a big problem named Giannis - he needs to drastically change his approach or he isn't going to win in the playoffs. He needs to be Shaq, not Kobe. 

Until Giannis changes his mindset it won't matter who the coach is or what roster moved they make, IMO. 

Agreed. Definitely needs to modify his game some. The dancing around on the perimeter and trying to shoot volume 3's....it's going to have to improve quite a bit. Really needs to play the 5 in all honesty. He isn't a guard. That said its just some tweeking...Boston just has a lot of work to do...while they have two young stars I'm not sure they compliment each other the best and they have an horrible contract to move and Smart who is about to become a free agent soon and will have a big decision on what to do with him. You almost want to strip it all down except Tatum honestly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well given the teams he has had...and then the way they have lost....man why do people think he is such an incredible coach? Heck I'm starting to wonder if not for Tom Thibodeau if he would have even won the 1.

 

2009 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Magic

2010 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Lakers

2012 Celtics: Blew a 3-2 lead to the Heat

2015 Clippers: Blew a 3-1 lead to the Rockets, losing the last three by no less than 12 points

2020 Clippers: Blew a 3-1 lead to the Nuggets, after Denver had been through a seven-game series the previous round.

And on the verge of collapse against a Hawks team that let's be honest they have no business losing to.

Doc has troubles in the play-offs...Why?  I just don't know.  I like the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, BGleas said:

Huge opportunity for Paul George tonight. While he's certainly a great player, he has this perception of shrinking in the big moments in the playoffs. He has a chance to completely change that narrative tonight and the rest of this series with Kawhi out. 

What say you @Hoosierhoopster?

Seems like he did ok 😁

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...