Jump to content

NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sabonis can’t shoot 3…doesn’t rebound great, and plays awful defense. He is excellent at the high post offensively but it’s about selling high. GS is about only team I make that trade because it gets Wiseman a corner stone piece (answers the center position once and for all) and lands you another lottery pick.

He shot 33 percent from 3 this year on 2.6 attempts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, and Durant switched to Giannis down the stretch. 

Middleton and Holiday were great down the stretch. 

 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Durant was phenomenal. It just hurt Brooklyn that Harden was so hobbled and Irving was out. Not that I'm feeling bad for them, they might be the most dislikable trio in the league. 

Agreed on both ….honestly though …it’s prolly gonna end up bucks suns or bucks clippers and either way that will be kinda refreshing …..take away the Mavericks and Cavs single championships  and we’ve had pistons bulls, rockets, Spurs, lakers, Celtics, heat for the last 40 ish years 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

 

Agreed on both ….honestly though …it’s prolly gonna end up bucks suns or bucks clippers and either way that will be kinda refreshing …..take away the Mavericks and Cavs single championships  and we’ve had pistons bulls, rockets, Spurs, lakers, Celtics, heat for the last 40 ish years 

Completely agree. I like having these younger, exciting teams like Phoenix or Atlanta in it, while you also have teams like the Clippers going for their first title, or the storyline of Giannis or Embiid going for their first title. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I like having these younger, exciting teams like Phoenix or Atlanta in it, while you also have teams like the Clippers going for their first title, or the storyline of Giannis or Embiid going for their first title. 

Yep and not having a single of the aforementioned group in the final four makes it so much more compelling ….when you get a super team or one of the regulars in the conference finals it’s almost like watching a patriots super bowl  ……I was sad to see the jazz lose because I think they have mirrored the Pacers or been the western conference version of the Pacers since the early 90’s and If they can be successful it always gives me hope

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The last month of the season he almost averaged a triple double

Im With you …I also think the five position is ever evolving …right now you have to either be a jokic who can literally do everything or you need to be a Clint capella who runs the floor like a deer , blocks shots, and is happy getting points from  our backs and lobs without bitching about touches.  I’m not sure the Joel embiids of the world can win a championship in a guard / forward driven league 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How are the Hawks still in this with Young going like 2-20???

I don't know, but if you're a Sixers fan are you almost hoping you lose so you can trade Ben Simmons sooner?

Game 7 and one of your max guys in 2-for-4 and running away from the ball. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't know, but if you're a Sixers fan are you almost hoping you lose so you can trade Ben Simmons sooner?

Game 7 and one of your max guys in 2-for-4 and running away from the ball. 

I heard someone say Embid had 25 turnovers in the final 4 games of the series.  Not a "fan" of either guy but there is enough blame to go around for the series loss.  I also understand that mistakes made in a game 7 get magnified.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, rico said:

I heard someone say Embid had 25 turnovers in the final 4 games of the series.  Not a "fan" of either guy but there is enough blame to go around for the series loss.  I also understand that mistakes made in a game 7 get magnified.

Certainly blame to go around, and Embiid did have turnover issues including one late that really hurt them. But I think with Embiid you have a guy playing hard on a partially torn meniscus and not shying away from the moment, and maybe the turnovers are mitigated if defensives couldn't completely not even defend Simmons. The paint was so clogged. 

Long terms you have to worry about Embiid's health of course and what is the real window with him, but man Simmons is just so flawed and hasn't improved on his weaknesses at all during his career. The problem there though is that you'd be selling on him really, really low. 

 Sixers are in a tough spot. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Certainly blame to go around, and Embiid did have turnover issues including one late that really hurt them. But I think with Embiid you have a guy playing hard on a partially torn meniscus and not shying away from the moment, and maybe the turnovers are mitigated if defensives couldn't completely not even defend Simmons. The paint was so clogged. 

Long terms you have to worry about Embiid's health of course and what is the real window with him, but man Simmons is just so flawed and hasn't improved on his weaknesses at all during his career. The problem there though is that you'd be selling on him really, really low. 

 Sixers are in a tough spot. 

Fair enough.  Now begs the question, what can you get for Ben?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Simmons just passed up a wide open dunk because he was afraid to get fouled. 

If I was a sports psychologist I would have the 76er's on speed dial....probably would start looking for vacation homes in Napa Valley with the amount I could make off him lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not sure if I enjoy watching the Hawks or watching their social media guys turn up their trolling more...

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1406814959103877125?s=20

Did you see John Collins t-shirt with the picture of him dunking on Embiid? Atlanta is having a lot of fun! Gotta love youth lol. They don't realize they shouldn't be winning like they are.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did you see John Collins t-shirt with the picture of him dunking on Embiid? Atlanta is having a lot of fun! Gotta love youth lol. They don't realize they shouldn't be winning like they are.

The Hawks' season makes this Pacer fan sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Fair enough.  Now begs the question, what can you get for Ben?

Can they trade him?  Who would you rather have, him or Westbrook or Conley or Kemba?  Im just spit balling guys on overpaid contracts.  How do trade exceptions work?

If I'm Philly I'd consider Westbrook and upgrade and go spend as much money on shooters.  Tobias Harris has been solid, shoots 39% from 3 but low volume.  And they have to pay him 36 million next year.  

Can Embiid really deliver and entire season at 100%?  I dont think so.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can they trade him?  Who would you rather have, him or Westbrook or Conley or Kemba?  Im just spit balling guys on overpaid contracts.  How do trade exceptions work?

If I'm Philly I'd consider Westbrook and upgrade and go spend as much money on shooters.  Tobias Harris has been solid, shoots 39% from 3 but low volume.  And they have to pay him 36 million next year.  

Can Embiid really deliver and entire season at 100%?  I dont think so.  

https://sportsnaut.com/philadelphia-76ers-rumors-trade-targets/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Certainly blame to go around, and Embiid did have turnover issues including one late that really hurt them. But I think with Embiid you have a guy playing hard on a partially torn meniscus and not shying away from the moment, and maybe the turnovers are mitigated if defensives couldn't completely not even defend Simmons. The paint was so clogged. 

Long terms you have to worry about Embiid's health of course and what is the real window with him, but man Simmons is just so flawed and hasn't improved on his weaknesses at all during his career. The problem there though is that you'd be selling on him really, really low. 

 Sixers are in a tough spot. 

No doubt...not sure what you do...but you have to do it very quickly. Embiid's window has to be 2-3 years max...he has the knees of like a 60 year old. Reminds me of Patrick Ewing in those final years with the Knicks. Heck if I'm Embiid I demand a trade like all these other guys have. Just tell them privately I want out. I'm going to sit and rest my knees until you move me...ala Kawhi. There are several teams with small windows that would love him. Would Portland give up draft picks for the next 5 years plus everyone not named Lillard and Mccollum...no doubt about it. Would the Knicks give up their stash of picks...heck maybe even GS would give you Wiseman, Wiggins, plus both first this year for him. I doubt they do anything with Simmon though. His value isn't there..it only takes one crazy owner to think maybe we take him and try to rehibilitate him and flip him later...but just not sure what you get in return. A trade I thought might make some sense would be to send Ben Simmons to Minnesota. In return for Ricky Rubio, Malik Beasley, and a future first '25 (top 3 protected). You aren't getting a star back in return for him right now...so maybe you just move off him...get a veteran point guard to play next to your up and coming guys like Maxey and Milton, Beasley can start at the 2 guard and gives you 3pt shooting and you have that future first that you can use to flip for more depth later on or save it. I mean to think that is about the value that he can give you at this point...I mean maybe a team like Cleveland flips Colin Sexton and Kevin Love for him but there aren't going to be any star for star swaps anymore. I mean would the Pacers even give up Brogdon and Lamb for him?? Doubt it...we'd have two non shooting ball dominant guys with Sabonis and Simmons....I guess we could try to move Myles for an absolutely lights out shooting pg...probably work about as much as anything else we are doing...a playoff team but one that can't win you anything. The team that takes him on has to think they are doing a rebuild project...hoping to be able to teach him to shoot so later they can flip him for real value. The process just didn't work...bad picks and they have never really fit together in Philly either. That Minny deal might be the best they could do....and for Minny it makes sense because he would fit well allowing Russell to play off ball and his defense is a plus for them that they need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...