NBA Thread

Just now, IU Scott said:

I think there was a play in the final four that had that same thing happen where the ball was knocked out of the guys hand but the ball.handlets had was in the ball

I think you're right. I hate that call, it's not the intent of the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Yes he did. Guys are going to miss free throws just as guys missed free throws in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The point still stands (assuming the broadcast had it right) that this seasons Suns and Clippers had the two highest percentages ever. 

Agree on the constant replay. The NBA needs to address that. 

I understand the out of bounds on Ayton and last out of bounds and getting right guys on floor. The tip out on Beverley probably shouldn’t been reviewed…just because a player asks you don’t have to look.

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

But it was also a great play by Phoenix. To have Booker, the only guy you knew they wouldn’t help off of, set the back screen was brilliant. And it was perfect execution and honestly had it not been, I don’t think it would’ve worked. 

100%, but that had to be a switch or Zubac had to completely go under and protect the rim first. 

Amazing play/set design by Phoenix, but also really poor defensive execution by LA. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Are you kidding? The last two minutes were absolutely incredible to watch. 

Yeah those 5 reviews were thrilling to watch.  The offensive foul on Phoenix was not a good call.  Just because you are playing tight defense and reached in and you accidentally get hit isn't a foul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

100%, but that had to be a switch or Zubac had to completely go under and protect the rim first. 

Amazing play/set design by Phoenix, but also really poor defensive execution by LA. 

Zubac had no business guarding Ayton that far from basket…but that is what happens with low bb IQ guys. A guy like Ibaka probably doesn’t make that mistake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah those 5 reviews were thrilling to watch.  The offensive foul on Phoenix was not a good call.  Just because you are playing tight defense and reached in and you accidentally get hit isn't a foul.

Yeah, the reviews weren’t fun but it was still an incredible last two minutes of basketball. 

I don’t really have a problem with the offensive foul call, but even if we say it’s bad, so what? That spoils the entire end of the game for you?

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Zubac had no business guarding Ayton that far from basket…but that is what happens with low bb IQ guys. A guy like Ibaka probably doesn’t make that mistake.

I forgot they were missing Ibaka, that a big loss for them in terms of experience, toughness and shooting from a big. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree! It was high level basketball and fun/entertaining. But, the constant replays are annoying. 

It was high level but the reviews takes the flow and excitement from the game.  Just say if after the Wat shot they took 10 minutes to review the play before saying it was a good shot

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BGleas said:

I forgot they were missing Ibaka, that a big loss for them in terms of experience, toughness and shooting from a big. 

Clippers were really loaded for a playoff push…Jackson, Beverley, Rondo, PG, Kawhi, Morris,  Kennard, Mann, Ibaka, Zubac, Cousins…that’s a lot of experience.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was high level but the reviews takes the flow and excitement from the game.  Just say if after the Wat shot they took 10 minutes to review the play before saying it was a good shot

Understand but they were such close calls and honestly they got everything right…too important of a game not to. Just need to do it faster and not let players talk to coach on sideline…stay out on floor. Maybe limit review to under 60 seconds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still found it really exciting. I don’t love all the replay, but that was still a really fun, high level game to watch. 

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Understand but they were such close calls and honestly they got everything right…too important of a game not to. Just need to do it faster and not let players talk to coach on sideline…stay out on floor. Maybe limit review to under 60 seconds.

We survived many years of great endings without reviews.   They were very few that ended on a total missed call.

Just now, dgambill said:

He started like 15-16 feet out. Booker was in the lane…zubac probably should have positioned himself next to Booker…close enough for a close out but not chase him so far out. At least from what I saw

Got it - I was thinking Booker started out top and came down to screen. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Is there a change toward modern society and technology that you do like?

The games are played by humans and ate reffed by humans and I don't like taking the human element out of the game.  I am just saying the reviews takes away the excitement from an entertaining game.  I just think it is more exciting for the game when there is a flow to the end of the game.