NBA Thread

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Maybe a little, but it’s a small sample size and when you think about the fact that the Hawks haven’t really had many blow out wins but have gotten blown out a couple times by the 76ers and Bucks it makes sense. 

Still you would think that at least when he is on the floor they would have bigger plus/minus....just combine that with the win last night and it's kind of interesting little stat. I know it doesn't tell the whole story like you said just a fun trivia fact that many probably wouldn't have guessed. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

That’s odd to me about lillard. I thought him and Billups had a good rapport. 

He is fine with it…it’s click bait to push their trade rumors…I mean I could build a webpage and put together trade scenarios just as easily as most these sites.

George coming back down to reality, 1-6 3pt and he is at -25 the lowest of anyone in the game. Playoff P must have wanted to go fishing.         :rollinglaugh:

Beverly running his mouth the whole series can't take it when it happens back to him. Pretty weak of him to push CP3 in the back like that.

Edited by Hoosier51

On 6/23/2021 at 5:49 PM, ATX_sig said:

I thought Spurs title teams had incredible ball movement.   The Mavs title team did too. 

Spurs I’m with you but I thought the nash Mavericks shared the ball better than the championship Mavericks ….as long as Tony Parker wasn’t being pouty that Spurs group was super unselfish genobli and Duncan were willing passers their whole career and were fun to watch because of it 

Playoff CHris Paul?  There is a first for everything.  I hope the Suns and his hammy hold up this year.  At least they had a magical season but reality is they would hve been gone in round 1 had it not been for injury to AD.  This will truly go down as the Season of Survival. IMO, the Lakers, clips, Jazz, Philly and Nets are all better than what is left in these playoffs had they been healthy.    Maybe Denver too with Murray. I'd say the Bucks but man their low IQ basketball makes it hard for me to believe they'd win it all with the massive amount of injuries.  I was rooting for them because Giannis put the drama to rest about his max contract and just signed it.  I expect he is gone now too even they manage to win the Hawks series.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Playoff CHris Paul?  There is a first for everything.  I hope the Suns and his hammy hold up this year.  At least they had a magical season but reality is they would hve been gone in round 1 had it not been for injury to AD.  This will truly go down as the Season of Survival. IMO, the Lakers, clips, Jazz, Philly and Nets are all better than what is left in these playoffs had they been healthy.    Maybe Denver too with Murray. I'd say the Bucks but man their low IQ basketball makes it hard for me to believe they'd win it all with the massive amount of injuries.  I was rooting for them because Giannis put the drama to rest about his max contract and just signed it.  I expect he is gone now too even they manage to win the Hawks series.

There are a lot of people called champions that just happened to have a lot of luck just fall into place. Does Curry win if Chris Paul does not get hurt Houston was up 3-1, does Curry beat the Cavs if Love and Irving play. The NBA championship is won moreso by attrition than pure talent IMO many years.  Anytime I can make a little jab at PG13 I am all for it. Robin is a very good player but he needs Batman. I find it funny that he has been just as deep in the playoffs with the mighty Clippers as he was with the lowly small market Pacers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

There are a lot of people called champions that just happened to have a lot of luck just fall into place. Does Curry win if Chris Paul does not get hurt Houston was up 3-1, does Curry beat the Cavs if Love and Irving play. The NBA championship is won moreso by attrition than pure talent IMO many years.  Anytime I can make a little jab at PG13 I am all for it. Robin is a very good player but he needs Batman. I find it funny that he has been just as deep in the playoffs with the mighty Clippers as he was with the lowly small market Pacers. 

This is my point with him too. He claims leaving was about trying to win...but in reality it was always about getting to LA or another big market to expand his brand. He had far more success with the Pacers and he was "THE MAN" here. Now he is just someone else's side kick..."little bro". To me he would have just as much success with the Pacers and make a bigger name for himself by being the man "carrying" the team on his shoulders than being the guy that "helps" Kawhi or Westbrook win. As far as a basketball player goes he is fabulous...very talented and when he is aggressively getting to the basket he is as good as anyone in the league....but I just feel the PG that sits back and let's someone else do the heavy lifting is also the worst version of himself because then he isn't aggressively looking to attack the opponent where he is at his best...he just settles for jumpers. For himself and his team George should lead his own team...or at least should have while he was in his prime...because that is quickly fading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Both Giannis and Young out tonight…is there any reason I should tune in?

I mean out all the Pacer ECF runs over the years why not 1 of them could have Lebron or MJ gone down with injury! 

No crap. It’s insane. Never seen so many studs out like this. I don’t think it has to do with Covid or anything. Just crazy.  Reggie couldn’t catch a damn break and a trash Hawks team could make the nba finals…2021 as crazy as 2020.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Rick Carlisle has agreed to hire Lloyd Pierce as his top assistant and he’s closing in on adding Ronald Nored to the staff as well.

So the guy that turned Atlanta into a dumpster fire who our old coach bailed out and might take to the nba finals is now going to be our assistant coach?

17 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I find it funny that he has been just as deep in the playoffs with the mighty Clippers as he was with the lowly small market Pacers. 

This is what i get a laugh out of, since he weaseled out on the Pacers he has played with some pretty good players and has accomplished nothing more then when he was with them. By the end of his career he might ring chase and get one like David West but that is the only way. 

There aren't many pro athletes that i have as much disdain for as i do him and the day that turd retires without a  championship other then ring chasing will be glorious.

Also if V.O wasn't a Hoosier he would be up there with Regular Season G with my disdain.

Yuengling Black & Tan really gets me going on certain players lol. 😀

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

So the guy that turned Atlanta into a dumpster fire who our old coach bailed out and might take to the nba finals is now going to be our assistant coach?

He’s long been a well respected assistant coach. Things just didn’t go well when he was a head coach. He also has a defensive coordinator type of coaching background so that will likely be his main role. Some great assistants just aren’t good head coaches. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

He’s long been a well respected assistant coach. Things just didn’t go well when he was a head coach. He also has a defensive coordinator type of coaching background so that will likely be his main role. Some great assistants just aren’t good head coaches. 

I've heard that. Just funny how in the world of sports all these things come full circle.

• Like 1

Not sure if there is truth to it but it seems the Pacers made an attempt at Simmons....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006949-report-ben-simmons-trade-for-pacers-malcolm-brogdon-1st-rounder-rejected-by-76ers

It would have had to included Lamb or Holiday to make salaries match up but I don't think a deal like this is ever going to satisfy Philly in what they think he is worth. All this seems to do is drag Brogdon into trade rumors...and I wonder how that will sit with him (he seemed to have had issues the last couple years with the coaches). Perhaps this is a signal that we are interested in moving him.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Thanks for sharing. That’s great.  My favorite part was Magic working together with Larry.  Rodney Rogers? Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not sure if there is truth to it but it seems the Pacers made an attempt at Simmons....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006949-report-ben-simmons-trade-for-pacers-malcolm-brogdon-1st-rounder-rejected-by-76ers

It would have had to included Lamb or Holiday to make salaries match up but I don't think a deal like this is ever going to satisfy Philly in what they think he is worth. All this seems to do is drag Brogdon into trade rumors...and I wonder how that will sit with him (he seemed to have had issues the last couple years with the coaches). Perhaps this is a signal that we are interested in moving him.

I don't understand this trade offer.  I don't understand why Philly would turn that down either.  

I wonder if somebody in Philly is making stuff up to try to drum up a higher trade. This could totally be a fake trade scenario that they floated acting like they turn this down trying to get somebody to make a better offer.  As somewhat of a Pacers fan I would not be very happy with this trade

• Thanks 1