NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

I was going to sign up on there last year but got reading some of the post and changed my mind real quick lol. 

I think he will be solid for the Pacers

Many years ago I was a member and they perma-banned me for saying something bad about them on the Star News forums. It was a clown show. The admin had such thin skin to stalk members posts on other forums. I'll never forget that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Many years ago I was a member and they perma-banned me for saying something bad about them on the Star News forums. It was a clown show. The admin had such thin skin to stalk members posts on other forums. I'll never forget that. 

Dang. I only WISH I had the free time their admin must have to monitor that ridiculously nonsense.   Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I submitted years ago trying to sign up and had issues joining and never got responses. It’s basically a handful of guys that dominate the board and shout down anyone else. Worst board I’ve ever seen. Even worse than the IU rivals board. I only follow it for Pacer news wouldn’t ever join now.

• Like 2

The Pacers had a good night. Duarte is ready to step in and contribute and they’ll need that since they are likely losing McDermott. Then they took a swing on upside and athleticism with Jackson which is something they need. Both guys were all defense in their conferences and everyone knows the Pacers needed to fix their defense and those picks are a start. Also for all the bashing that Duarte is getting it’s funny that he’s the player that most of the teams the Pacers had trade discussions with wanted to. So if there was that much interest around the league I think the Pacers made the right choice in picking him themselves.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers had a good night. Duarte is ready to step in and contribute and they’ll need that since they are likely losing McDermott. Then they took a swing on upside and athleticism with Jackson which is something they need. Both guys were all defense in their conferences and everyone knows the Pacers needed to fix their defense and those picks are a start. Also for all the bashing that Duarte is getting it’s funny that he’s the player that most of the teams the Pacers had trade discussions with wanted to. So if there was that much interest around the league I think the Pacers made the right choice in picking him themselves.

I wanted Moody at 13 if he fell.  He did BUT both Duarte and Moody are similar guys.  Both can play defense, can shoot the three BUT Duarte is much more polished than Moody and with Carlisle at the helm this had his name written all over this pick.  I think Duarte will be a very good player, could even start down the road perhaps if he can take another step.  Moody has a chance to be better but may be looking at three years before that occurs.

In regards to Jackson, his upside is tied to his shooting growth.  If he can develop a faceup game to go along with his mobility, shot blocking and on ball defense it would appear as if he could be very similar to Myles to some extent.  Question is, what do you do with four centers now?  To me one of the starting two bigs are gone and that more than likely is Myles should a trade occur.  Jackson may not be ready for a year or two so a trade is not imminent.

According to J. Michael of Indy start TJ McConnell is virtually a lock to return to Indy.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2

As it sits now with our depth chart just over 72 hours before teams can "officially" start negotiating with free agents:

Starters:  Brogdon/LeVert/Warren/Sabonis/Turner

Bench: McConnell(assuming he resigns given the confidence from team sources)/Sumner or Lamb or Duarte/Holiday/Oshae or Jackson/ Goga  Not including Bridah/Keelan Martin and Cassius atm.  

If healthy and I use that term loosely cause this group cant remain healthy, the starting group can be very very good.  You're looking at around 90 to 100 ppg from just the starters alone.  Add in 15 ppg to 20 from the bench nightly and overall that isn't too bad.  I still think a trade happens once FA starts.   

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

96C744B1-B485-47F2-BDE5-22B162F324C1.jpeg

Seems like an odd move for the Warriors to give up assets for the 13th pick, depending on what they are. 

If it's throwing in a 2nd round pick or something I could see that, but I can't see the Warriors giving up any depth pieces for a rookie that probably wouldn't play all that much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I like Duarte for a lot of teams. The teams that wanted him were needing a solid rotational player to help right away...thus why they wanted to trade up (all playoff teams). The issue the Pacers have is they have TONS of rotational players. Good players! Just no great players....and the chance for him to develop into a great player...long shot. He will be almost 30 by the time he hits his second contract....basically he is entering his prime now....and that means not alot of time or room for growth. Again, I'm ok with the skill set etc...just this player really doesn't have long term potential..and I think that is precisely what the Pacers need. Right guy, wrong fit. Who knows....GS really wanted him and I believe I heard Atlanta also had eyes on him....so maybe a trade down the road part of a bigger move could be had. If he stays I'll just hope for the best.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Seems like an odd move for the Warriors to give up assets for the 13th pick, depending on what they are. 

If it's throwing in a 2nd round pick or something I could see that, but I can't see the Warriors giving up any depth pieces for a rookie that probably wouldn't play all that much. 

Possibly could be included as part of a bigger deal involving Turner maybe?? This might give us more leverage to have maybe 7 included (Kuminga). Maybe we swap all the pics....Kuminga and Moody for Duarte and Jackson??

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

The Pacer draft pick is not surprising since RC is coach. I mentioned before but he does not like baby sitting kids. He prefers the older mature players from the draft. I know he took Luka but he is from a different planet and had 5 plus years experience as pro at age 19.   Smith Jr was an example of what he doesn't like but he played him since they were tanking so lived with trying to develop him like all tanking teams do with the kids.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Possibly could be included as part of a bigger deal involving Turner maybe?? This might give us more leverage to have maybe 7 included (Kuminga). Maybe we swap all the pics....Kuminga and Moody for Duarte and Jackson??

We've had this convo, but a lot of moving parts for GS. I dont think they'd want Turner with Wiseman on the roster, and I'd be shocked if they traded Wiseman for Turner. 

For whatever reason, Turner's value doesn't seem to be that high around league, certainly not high enough to warrant Wiseman and the better of two picks (7 vs 13) from GS. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We've had this convo, but a lot of moving parts for GS. I dont think they'd want Turner with Wiseman on the roster, and I'd be shocked if they traded Wiseman for Turner. 

For whatever reason, Turner's value doesn't seem to be that high around league, certainly not high enough to warrant Wiseman and the better of two picks (7 vs 13) from GS. 

They don't need two centers? I'd just play Wiseman behind Turner. Agree Turner's value is certainly not a star player but I could easily see them try to move Oubre in S+T with another team for a piece to send back to Indiana for Turner and add in pick swaps. I think Wiseman stays no matter what but they need an upgrade at the center position in the short term. Wiseman and Looney aren't cutting it. They need that 2 year center under contract for rim protection and spacing. Wiseman can't give them that...at least not right now...but no reason he can't develop alongside. Might not even be the #7 the Pacers want anymore..maybe a future first....but I do think Turner has value to the right teams...and I see GS still a fit even with Wiseman.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They don't need two centers? I'd just play Wiseman behind Turner. Agree Turner's value is certainly not a star player but I could easily see them try to move Oubre in S+T with another team for a piece to send back to Indiana for Turner and add in pick swaps. I think Wiseman stays no matter what but they need an upgrade at the center position in the short term. Wiseman and Looney aren't cutting it. They need that 2 year center under contract for rim protection and spacing. Wiseman can't give them that...at least not right now...but no reason he can't develop alongside. Might not even be the #7 the Pacers want anymore..maybe a future first....but I do think Turner has value to the right teams...and I see GS still a fit even with Wiseman.

They don't need two starting centers who both need minutes. Turner is a 30mpg guy and they're not going to stunt Wiseman's growth (whether to develop him or showcase him) by limiting his minutes. 

I agree GS needs center help, but they either need to add veteran depth Wiseman, or trade for someone like Turner in their prime and then move Wiseman. 

If they move Wiseman, they'll be looking for a decent haul, probably an all-star in return.