Jump to content

NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

Not a whole lot left out there on the free agent market.

Oubre

Markkanen

Schroeder

Lou Williams

Danny Green

Those are probably the main ones at this point I'd say.  I wouldn't hate to do a sign/trade for Oubre if we could move Lamb and Holiday. Not sure the Warriors would see any value in that but maybe someone else with cap space would. Probably have to throw some juice into it and the Pacers likely wouldn't do that. I'd say Dallas who has cap space should give Kelly a good look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Cody Zeller to Portland for vet minimum.

Were discussing this at dinner this evening.  That season vests him with some significant retirement benefits.

...and where the hell are the Pacers when Cody Zeller is willing to sign for the vet minimum?!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

Pacers not necessarily done....would trade Brogdon over Turner. (Well that's good because it's pretty obvious no one wants Turner for 18 mil)

They won't trade either one. The only move left will be minor stuff like trading Lamb and maybe acquiring a 3rd PG. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They won't trade either one. The only move left will be minor stuff like trading Lamb and maybe acquiring a 3rd PG. 

That was just word around organization. Seems Brogdon has been a malcontent and they prefer to move him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Were discussing this at dinner this evening.  That season vests him with some significant retirement benefits.

...and where the hell are the Pacers when Cody Zeller is willing to sign for the vet minimum?!!!

Pacers have no room for him. They have a pretty full front court that they can’t get rid of as it is. He is a still at minimum…smart and been around the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That was just word around organization. Seems Brogdon has been a malcontent and they prefer to move him.

Yeah that was discussed but I think they found out their isn't any good trade options out there for Brogdon or Turner. J Michael has eve said as of right now it's unlikely the Pacers make any big moves. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah that was discussed but I think they found out their isn't any good trade options out there for Brogdon or Turner. J Michael has eve said as of right now it's unlikely the Pacers make any big moves. 

So you are saying to look for another season around .500?  <sigh>

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are saying to look for another season around .500?  <sigh>

 

Pacers have the deepest team in the East. The just don't have the star. They'll be better than people think. LeVert and Warren being healthy at the start of the year is what's going to be huge for this team that didn't happen last season. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Pacers have the deepest team in the East. The just don't have the star. They'll be better than people think. LeVert and Warren being healthy at the start of the year is what's going to be huge for this team that didn't happen last season. 

 

44 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are saying to look for another season around .500?  <sigh>

 

If healthy they will be better than 500 in the regular season. They won’t win a playoff series though. They are deep but their defense isn’t very good and they aren’t a great 3pt team. They dont have a guy that can take over either. I suspect they will win a couple games and bow out. Good news they will get a pick in the early 20s and can continue to be mediocre!

Edited by dgambill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Pacers have the deepest team in the East. The just don't have the star. They'll be better than people think. LeVert and Warren being healthy at the start of the year is what's going to be huge for this team that didn't happen last season. 

So you are saying they will be the 2 seed in the East?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are saying they will be the 2 seed in the East?

No lol…they will be like the Knicks last year. Probably a 4 seed at best…healthy etc…I’d say probably 6 seed. This just my prediction.

Edited by dgambill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rico said:

We need a "boo" emoji....

Agreed. Think of the Pacers=Colts right now. One qb(star) away from being a contender. Right now we have a team of nice pieces…nice car with stock engine…we need an upgrade under the hood and we might have something special. I’m not a car guy but I’d say the difference between Mustang Gt and a Mustang Shelby….we need a special piece to get us to that elite level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the Pacers as a team that will accumulate a good regular season record because they will beat who they should being well coached and won’t have any stars to rest so will win their share against the top half too. I just don’t see anyone barring a good playoff matchup that can carry us by a really good healthy playoff team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

 

If healthy they will be better than 500 in the regular season. They won’t win a playoff series though. They are deep but their defense isn’t very good and they aren’t a great 3pt team. They dont have a guy that can take over either. I suspect they will win a couple games and bow out. Good news they will get a pick in the early 20s and can continue to be mediocre!

There bad defense was a product of the system last year. All you had to do was look at their defensive numbers from the year before. I think they’re better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Pacers have no room for him. They have a pretty full front court that they can’t get rid of as it is. He is a still at minimum…smart and been around the league. 

I would have made room at the minimum.  Guaranteed he'll sell more tickets than Goga Bitadze or Amida Brimah.  You can bet he'll be at least as productive as well.  It's not like you'd be going out on a limb signing him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I would have made room at the minimum.  Guaranteed he'll sell more tickets than Goga Bitadze or Amida Brimah.  You can bet he'll be at least as productive as well.  It's not like you'd be going out on a limb signing him.

For sure. Doubt they are going to give up on a top 20 first rd pick so soon though. But I agree…plenty of things bother me about the Pacers business. I will say strangely the Pacer fans I’ve interacted with aren’t much college fans and even less Hoosier fans…but maybe they could have made a few more. Probably a big difference between Vic and Cody’s value to the team. One was on the verge of being a star and the other has had just a solid career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

There bad defense was a product of the system last year. All you had to do was look at their defensive numbers from the year before. I think they’re better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. 

I do think they will be better but I don’t feel like Brogdon has the foot speed to guard on the perimeter, Sabonis can’t guard a door, and I’m not optimistic in Warren coming back and locking down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For sure. Doubt they are going to give up on a top 20 first rd pick so soon though. But I agree…plenty of things bother me about the Pacers business. I will say strangely the Pacer fans I’ve interacted with aren’t much college fans and even less Hoosier fans…but maybe they could have made a few more. Probably a big difference between Vic and Cody’s value to the team. One was on the verge of being a star and the other has had just a solid career.

Yeah, he won't draw like Vic, but he's a likeable guy, who's been productive and would have great name recognition in Indiana.  Just seems like an easy call when he was willing to play for the minimum.  Maybe he didn't want to play in Indy, but otherwise, it sure feels like a low-risk move.  Solid, productive veteran, good locker room presence, fan favorite and all at the vet minimum.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, he won't draw like Vic, but he's a likeable guy, who's been productive and would have great name recognition in Indiana.  Just seems like an easy call when he was willing to play for the minimum.  Maybe he didn't want to play in Indy, but otherwise, it sure feels like a low-risk move.  Solid, productive veteran, good locker room presence, fan favorite and all at the vet minimum.

Honestly surprised Charlotte didn’t re-sign him to mentor their young replacement bigs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly surprised Charlotte didn’t re-sign him to mentor their young replacement bigs.

That would be Charlotte doing Charlotte things.  They likely did Cody a favor there...terrible organization.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I would have made room at the minimum.  Guaranteed he'll sell more tickets than Goga Bitadze or Amida Brimah.  You can bet he'll be at least as productive as well.  It's not like you'd be going out on a limb signing him.

Brimah likely won't be on the roster and they don't have a way to sign anyone to a minimum contract at the moment unless it's a training camp invite or a two-way contract. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...