NBA Thread

26 minutes ago, rico said:

What does your trade calculator say?

That Zion combined with Embiid puts the 76ers over their charter flight weight limit.

It doesn't work....Zion is owed 10.7 million and Ben is owed 33. Ben for Ingram works. NO would have to package a couple more people to make the Zion deal work and it wouldn't likely make sense....they would likely get a 3rd team (with cap space) involved if they wanted to ship Zion for a max deal to swap for Ben...someone like the Thunder for example....who would likely want a pick to take on the salary filler.

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Had to post this article....this is just so funny and awesome!!

https://www.outkick.com/watch-jokic-morris-fight-features-more-pushing-than-child-birth/

Morris twin brother throwing out threats.....

Jokic brothers have his back.....

0EB131C1-F413-4E2E-AAD7-3878BBA40195.jpeg

I knew this before from living down near Destin, Florida for years, but the bookend marble bags in that pic cinched it...

Euros have no shame...

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I knew this before from living down near Destin, Florida for years, but the bookend marble bags in that pic cinched it...

Euros have no shame...

Have to keep in mind Jokic is 6'11....none of those guys are necessarily little dudes lol...heck I wouldn't even mess with the old man....God forbid he wrestle me to the ground and those things are bouncing around anywhere near my face lol!!

• Haha 6

Bad loss for the Pacers at Denver tonight losing 101-98.  Denver was without Jokic, Porter and Murray.  A bad call really hurt the Pacers. Down 2 with ainute left and Sabonis went to the basket and was clobbered. Denver challenged the call and was over turned. Of no foul the Pacers should have gotten the ball since it went out on Denver.  They called a ju.p ball which Denver stoled the tip.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Bad loss for the Pacers at Denver tonight losing 101-98.  Denver was without Jokic, Porter and Murray.  A bad call really hurt the Pacers. Down 2 with ainute left and Sabonis went to the basket and was clobbered. Denver challenged the call and was over turned. Of no foul the Pacers should have gotten the ball since it went out on Denver.  They called a ju.p ball which Denver stoled the tip.

NBA officiating is at an all time level of bad right now

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

NBA officiating is at an all time level of bad right now

There are always going to be frustrating things about NBA officiating. I've said this before, I'm always stunned at how the refs don't know who the serial floppers are! Like, if you see Marcus Smart, Kyle Lowery, any Morris twin, etc., flailing their arms and flying to the court, shouldn't all refs just assume that it's a flop? How do they not know that?

With all of that said, I am loving the new points of emphasis this year with not allowing offensive players to bait defenders into fouls, not allowing offensive players to basically jump backwards into defenders on their dribble or when they go up for a shot, etc.

I haven't watched every game of course, but in the handful of Celtics games I've seen with their local announcers on NBATV, a consistent theme from Mike Gorman and Brian Scalabrine (their TV announcers) has been how these points of emphasis have created much, much better flow in games this season. 

I know players are complaining (Harden, Trey Young, etc.) but the games are much better IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

There are always going to be frustrating things about NBA officiating. I've said this before, I'm always stunned at how the refs don't know who the serial floppers are! Like, if you see Marcus Smart, Kyle Lowery, any Morris twin, etc., flailing their arms and flying to the court, shouldn't all refs just assume that it's a flop? How do they not know that?

With all of that said, I am loving the new points of emphasis this year with not allowing offensive players to bait defenders into fouls, not allowing offensive players to basically jump backwards into defenders on their dribble or when they go up for a shot, etc.

I haven't watched every game of course, but in the handful of Celtics games I've seen with their local announcers on NBATV, a consistent theme from Mike Gorman and Brian Scalabrine (their TV announcers) has been how these points of emphasis have created much, much better flow in games this season. 

I know players are complaining (Harden, Trey Young, etc.) but the games are much better IMO. 

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

All time? 

Not so sure, the officiating in that 1956-1957 season was pretty atrocious. 

It was an exaggeration lol. I do like that they aren't bailing out the guys that flop all the time but they are also missing easy calls on guys getting hammered too. 

• Like 1

Watching the Pacers game and tonight is a reason I don't like how their is a set pattern for subbing.  Justin Holiday was hot coming off the bench with 19 points.  The Pacers built the lead to 20 but at the 7 minute mark we brought on 3 starters back in.  After that the Sixers cut the leaf to 10 by the half.  I never liked taking out a guy who was hot and Holiday was 7-7 with 5 3's.

Per CBS:

Duarte is perhaps the most developed rookie in his class at this stage in the season. Not surprising considering his 24 years old, but it's still impressive for a rookie to average 16 points while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and an even more ridiculous 42 percent from deep. 

In fact, his 3-point percentage right now would rank second all-time in league history among rookies who averaged five or more 3s a game in their first season. Obviously that could change over the course of the season, but that's just how great of a start Duarte has gotten out to. Even better, when Duarte's on the floor, the Pacers outscore opponents by 36 points, making him invaluable to Indiana's success going forward.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rico said:

Per CBS:

Duarte is perhaps the most developed rookie in his class at this stage in the season. Not surprising considering his 24 years old, but it's still impressive for a rookie to average 16 points while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and an even more ridiculous 42 percent from deep. 

In fact, his 3-point percentage right now would rank second all-time in league history among rookies who averaged five or more 3s a game in their first season. Obviously that could change over the course of the season, but that's just how great of a start Duarte has gotten out to. Even better, when Duarte's on the floor, the Pacers outscore opponents by 36 points, making him invaluable to Indiana's success going forward.

I have to admit..I wiffed on that pick. Well...I wanted us to trade up...but happy what we got where we got him. To think Golden State was one pick away from having this stud on THAT team....wow.

Rookie of the year standings in my opinion so far..sure there are some guys scoring a bit more and higher profile but when it comes to winning it's these 3 by far....and Mobley and Barnes have gone back and forth for me.

1. Scottie Barnes

2. Evan Mobley

3. Chris Duarte

Rose and his sorry A$$ should be fired immediately.  For anyone to make up a quote saying someone used that word is absolutely disgusting.  Rose has been a fraud since he was in high school but ESPN are a bunch of wusses 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10017826-jalen-rose-apologizes-for-comments-about-suns-robert-sarver-on-nba-countdown

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't see any white media getting away with this. Rose and his sorry A$$ should be fired immediately.  For anyone to make up a quote saying someone used that word is absolutely disgusting.  Rose has been a fraud since he was in high school but ESPN are a bunch of wusses 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10017826-jalen-rose-apologizes-for-comments-about-suns-robert-sarver-on-nba-countdown

Why even add this commentary when you know there’s no where good it can go?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Why even add this commentary when you know there’s no where good it can go?

I will delete the commentary does not make it any less true though.

Yes there are lots of good places it can go. That word is unacceptable and to make up a story saying that someone used it is grounds for termination.  It won't happen though and we all know it. 

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will delete the commentary does not make it any less true though.

Yes there are lots of good places it can go. That word is unacceptable and to make up a story saying that someone used it is grounds for termination.  It won't happen though and we all know it. 

I think your commentary was 100% not true and could point to tons of examples of journalist not getting fired. You seem to be looking for a debate on race for some reason, why?