NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I don't know they would move Kaminga.  I've been watching them and he really brings the D and energy in the minutes he has started receiving in the last 3 games.  I think they found a player there. I like Wiseman but Kaminga seems like more of keeper to me even if the sample size is small.  Seems if you slide in Klay at SF, Wiggins would offer a lot of trade value in talent and salary if they feel they need to make a big move. Porter and Iggy provide depth. 

Seem they could use a vet big to pair with Wiseman but right now I think they should stand pat and makes moves based on any potential injury that might pop up.  If the Pels keep losing after Zion returns might they part with Valenciunis.  I know they extended him  a couple years but that should make his trade value better. 

Agree completely, I think they will/should stand pat. 

Don't look now, but my Celtics have won 7 of their last 10 and Tatum is beginning to round back into form with an efficient 30+ in the last 3 games. Much of that has been without Jaylen Brown and the last 3-4 without Robert Williams. 

The challenge for Ime Udoka will be what he does with Dennis Schroder when Brown and Williams come back. A big change has been Schroder starting at PG and moving Smart off the ball. Schroder has been fantastic. 

Obviously both Williams and Brown will start, but who goes to the bench Schroder, Smart or Horford (he's having a great year too). 

I think the ball needs to be Schroder's hands. Going to be a tough. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:50 PM, BGleas said:

Don't look now, but my Celtics have won 7 of their last 10 and Tatum is beginning to round back into form with an efficient 30+ in the last 3 games. Much of that has been without Jaylen Brown and the last 3-4 without Robert Williams. 

The challenge for Ime Udoka will be what he does with Dennis Schroder when Brown and Williams come back. A big change has been Schroder starting at PG and moving Smart off the ball. Schroder has been fantastic. 

Obviously both Williams and Brown will start, but who goes to the bench Schroder, Smart or Horford (he's having a great year too). 

I think the ball needs to be Schroder's hands. Going to be a tough. 

Tatum has looked more to drive and take the ball to the rim from what I saw....resulting in much more efficient scoring and drawing defenders and opening up shots for others. This has also caused opponents to give a bit more cushion and not to close out quite as hard on him and now those looks from outside are just a bit more open. Horford/Schroder imo have been huge for them...that veteran leadership has had a great steadying effect on them. I still think they have to find a way to move Smart. Getting Brown back will allow them to stagger Tatum and Brown's rest and keep a scoring threat on the floor at all time. 

Lebron's elbow didn't look inadvertent but it also wasn't malicious. Without watching the game, I would just assume that things were getting chippy between the two teams. Stewart on the other hand made a fool out of himself. I'd say he owes the team an apology after embarrassing himself and the team like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Lebron's elbow didn't look inadvertent but it also wasn't malicious. Without watching the game, I would just assume that things were getting chippy between the two teams. Stewart on the other hand made a fool out of himself. I'd say he owes the team an apology after embarrassing himself and the team like that.

It was 100% malicious. I'm completely on Stewarts side. Lebron needs to get knocked out. If it happened to LeFraud he'd be crying for days about it. They play again this weekend, Lebron will probably take a "rest day". He's a WIMP.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

It was 100% malicious. He looked at Stewart prior to throwing the elbow. That's not unintentional. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It was 100% malicious. He looked at Stewart prior to throwing the elbow. That's not unintentional. 

It looked malicious to me too...now Stewart also looked a fool as well. I've noticed Lebron's attitude this year has been well...to put it nicely...p!ss poor. He is visibly been getting agitated and overall not happy with the disrespect he has been getting on the floor. In a league that yes has been getting softer and more buddy buddy there are some throw back guys out there. Guys that aren't trying to be your friend...that are hungry and trying to make that dough or get that recognition....and they aren't just going to bow down to you. Lebron has been on top for a very very long time....that reign is slowly coming to an end and I think people will continue to come at him. He is still an amazing talent....unique ability..but he is going to be tested like all those that came before once cracks started showing in their armor.

• Like 1

Myself and @IU Scott see nothing wrong with the elbow. Kurt Rambis would just wipe it off with his jersey and play.on. this NBA is so soft, I have a scar on my right brow from a gash that took 16 stitches to close from an elbow. Back in the late 80's it was not even a foul,  well the refs missed it but none the less I wasn't a big P about it. I just tucked it away until we met again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Myself and @IU Scott see nothing wrong with the elbow. Kurt Rambis would just wipe it off with his jersey and play.on. this NBA is so soft, I have a scar on my right brow from a gash that took 16 stitches to close from an elbow. Back in the late 80's it was not even a foul,  well the refs missed it but none the less I wasn't a big P about it. I just tucked it away until we met again. 

I'm with you and Scott on this, i don't really have a problem with the elbow. 

I was more wanting to see how they handled the suspensions, not really surprised they gave Stewart one more game then Lebron. I figured they didn't want to upset James and give him the same amount as a common player. 😁

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I'm with you and Scott on this, i don't really have a problem with the elbow. 

I was more wanting to see how they handled the suspensions, not really surprised they gave Stewart one more game then Lebron. I figured they didn't want to upset James and give him the same amount as a common player. 😁

I really don't think Stewart would have gotten anything but ejected and maybe 1 game had he not acted like an idiot. I am surprised he didn't get more to be honest.  If they did that they would have to justify only giving James 1 game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A high elbow is and has always been a dirty play...it's always been a foul...give me a break with this talk of back in the day. Maybe not on a playground but on a ball court it's always been. Also if you didn't have a problem why would you need to file it away....it's because it isn't a basketball play...it's a cheap shot. This wasn't an accidental caught someone on a rebound....this was targeted on the free throw line. I know we all have our opinions and of course I wouldn't have handled it the idiotic way Stewart did but just because something happened with more frequency back in the day...doesn't make it not a dirty play then...and now. Nobody would say Bill Lambier wasn't a dirty player. He was hated by Larry Bird and 90% of the league. Lebron was frustrated and he took a cheap shot at a guy. If it had been Stewart to Lebron I would have felt the same way. We all have our scars...doesn't mean they were all innocent, clean plays. Most mine were from cheap shots by guys that were frustrated that I was getting the best of them....and sure a couple was when I stuck my nose in where I shouldn't have lol. 😝

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A high elbow is and has always been a dirty play...it's always been a foul...give me a break with this talk of back in the day. Maybe not on a playground but on a ball court it's always been. Also if you didn't have a problem why would you need to file it away....it's because it isn't a basketball play...it's a cheap shot. This wasn't an accidental caught someone on a rebound....this was targeted on the free throw line. I know we all have our opinions and of course I wouldn't have handled it the idiotic way Stewart did but just because something happened with more frequency back in the day...doesn't make it not a dirty play then...and now. Nobody would say Bill Lambier wasn't a dirty player. He was hated by Larry Bird and 90% of the league. Lebron was frustrated and he took a cheap shot at a guy. If it had been Stewart to Lebron I would have felt the same way. We all have our scars...doesn't mean they were all innocent, clean plays. Most mine were from cheap shots by guys that were frustrated that I was getting the best of them....and sure a couple was when I stuck my nose in where I shouldn't have lol. 😝

I did have a problem with it but I was not going to act like a jackass I would take care of it my way. Basketball is a physiccal sport and if you come high with an elbow expect. Was Lebrons intentional yes but look where Stewarts forearm is. Is he boxing him out under the chin. Lebron threw an elbow and Stewart lose his mind. In the NBA now everyone knows no one boxes out on free throws any more especially in that lane spot. It was a young guy trying to get tough and got split for it. Yes very dirty not saying it wasn't. My post was mainly tongue in cheek and trying to get Scott involved in the conversation lol. Of course those guys back then were dirty and you expected it. 

In this case i truly think it was a young guy poking at the old man and it did not work out so well for him. Having watched it a few times I am not 100 percent sure but I think the forearm gets Stewart not the elbow but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did have a problem with it but I was not going to act like a jackass I would take care of it my way. Basketball is a physiccal sport and if you come high with an elbow expect. Was Lebrons intentional yes but look where Stewarts forearm is. Is he boxing him out under the chin. Lebron threw an elbow and Stewart lose his mind. In the NBA now everyone knows no one boxes out on free throws any more especially in that lane spot. It was a young guy trying to get tough and got split for it. Yes very dirty not saying it wasn't. My post was mainly tongue in cheek and trying to get Scott involved in the conversation lol. Of course those guys back then were dirty and you expected it. 

In this case i truly think it was a young guy poking at the old man and it did not work out so well for him. Having watched it a few times I am not 100 percent sure but I think the forearm gets Stewart not the elbow but I could be wrong.

I should have assumed there was some sarcasm. No doubt it's a much softer league and no doubt Stewart acted a fool. I just guess I've heard so many back in my day stories...well I played over 20 years ago...so not as far back as maybe some...and we all caught an elbow in the chest, chin even maybe...but a high elbow has always been dirty in the context it was thrown (and yes Lebron was peaved because Stewart was laying/pushing back on him...I mean who dares do that lol). I get it....I just thought it was weird we were somehow acting like we were all tough guys back in the day. We caught an elbow in the eye in that kind of scenerio....there would have been a fight just the same....well not as pu$$y footing around like those guys...there would have just been a punch thrown....less talk and more action lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I should have assumed there was some sarcasm. No doubt it's a much softer league and no doubt Stewart acted a fool. I just guess I've heard so many back in my day stories...well I played over 20 years ago...so not as far back as maybe some...and we all caught an elbow in the chest, chin even maybe...but a high elbow has always been dirty in the context it was thrown (and yes Lebron was peaved because Stewart was laying/pushing back on him...I mean who dares do that lol). I get it....I just thought it was weird we were somehow acting like we were all tough guys back in the day. We caught an elbow in the eye in that kind of scenerio....there would have been a fight just the same....well not as pu$$y footing around like those guys...there would have just been a punch thrown....less talk and more action lol.

Well said. I did not get the opportunity to do anything other than bleed. Looked like I was shot to be honest. Eye closed immediately. Maybe it was payback I did break their PG's leg the year before trying to cut off the sideline in the 1-2-1-1 press and Coach said no one goes up the sideline and beats you, and sprinting over my knee hit his upper leg full force and it broke. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well said. I did not get the opportunity to do anything other than bleed. Looked like I was shot to be honest. Eye closed immediately. Maybe it was payback I did break their PG's leg the year before trying to cut off the sideline in the 1-2-1-1 press and Coach said no one goes up the sideline and beats you, and sprinting over my knee hit his upper leg full force and it broke. 

Wow! More often then not these things settled themselves on the floor....if not right then and there then a few plays later. Coach would just sub in a couple football players and well...those things sorted themselves out lol.

• Like 1