Jump to content

NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

That's almost every home game when the opponent has a superstar....I went to Lakers/Pacer games back when it was Reggie and Kobe....there were more Kobe jersey's then Miller ones. Just the way the NBA is. People are just as much fan's of players as teams. I'm sure there was a ton of Lebron fans there.....well there were two non-Lebron fans there but they got kicked out...and perhaps rightfully so...not sure what they said.

The rumor unfortunately seems to make the most sense. LeBron has been heckled a lot in his career and heard a lot of things and never done that; if it was racial, others would have reacted (Russ was right there). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pacers lose again 100-98.  I guess a new stat called clutch games which means the game is a 5 or less point lead at the 5 minute mark.  The Pacers has played the most of these games this year with 10.  They are 1-9 in these games and now has lost 5 games leading by double figures in the second half.

To me this shows the Pacers don't have a player who can just take over late in the game.  We don't have anyone who you just give the ball to and say go get a bucket or get someone a good shot.  It seems like we just have to score by our half court offense.  We are more but lime a good college team but it doesn't work in the NBA.

Sabonis had a great game 16 points, 25 rebounds and 10 assist.

Towns almost had a triple double for Minnesota as well. 32 pts, 9 Rebs. And 9 turnovers

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers lose again 100-98.  I guess a new stat called clutch games which means the game is a 5 or less point lead at the 5 minute mark.  The Pacers has played the most of these games this year with 10.  They are 1-9 in these games and now has lost 5 games leading by double figures in the second half.

To me this shows the Pacers don't have a player who can just take over late in the game.  We don't have anyone who you just give the ball to and say go get a bucket or get someone a good shot.  It seems like we just have to score by our half court offense.  We are more but lime a good college team but it doesn't work in the NBA.

Sabonis had a great game 16 points, 25 rebounds and 10 assist.

Towns almost had a triple double for Minnesota as well. 32 pts, 9 Rebs. And 9 turnovers

Your preaching to the choir Scott. Everyone has said all summer etc that this team is full of talented, "good" players....but we have no special players. People think Sabonis is a stud.....he is just a stat stud. He isn't going to win you games down the stretch etc. He is that guy that keeps you in it for 40 mins but you are correct. We have not closer. Nice guys, nice parts, but they just don't add up and that is why everyone has been begging for trades all end of last year and this offseason...and then we just go and keep doing what we've been doing and even committing long term for more of it. It's why attendance is down etc etc. People have seen this movie before....it wasn't even good the first time but they just keep churning out sequels that no one wants to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Celtics shrewd move to trade their pick plus Kemba Walker for Al Horford has paid off admirably. Not only has Horford given them really meaningful minutes and play but Kemba Walker has now been removed COMPLETELY from the NYK rotation.....like starter to DNP. Reason why...when off the court the Knicks have the best Def efficiency and with him playing they literally have the worst. Unplayable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rico said:

I would imagine that the Lakers would be interested in a couple of Pacers.  Question is what do they have to offer?

Trash. They will just wait til someone get's bought out and get a vet that way. They have nothing of value to offer that they could afford to give up. I look at Portland looking to shake things up, Philly still has Simmons and we could help facilitate a 3 way deal maybe, Timberwolves are fighting to make the playoffs and have to do something soon before KAT just gives up there, Cavs have some nice young pieces although I doubt they part with them, Golden St is still looking like the best trade partner....are they feeling like Klay will be enough with how good the Suns are and still having to get past LA likely too? Knicks have had an eye on Myles for awhile.....will the Celtics/Pacers trade ever materialize?? We have a lot of pieces that could fit a lot of teams honestly with good tradable salaries. If we want to clean house we could with almost any team in the league.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Trash. They will just wait til someone get's bought out and get a vet that way. They have nothing of value to offer that they could afford to give up. I look at Portland looking to shake things up, Philly still has Simmons and we could help facilitate a 3 way deal maybe, Timberwolves are fighting to make the playoffs and have to do something soon before KAT just gives up there, Cavs have some nice young pieces although I doubt they part with them, Golden St is still looking like the best trade partner....are they feeling like Klay will be enough with how good the Suns are and still having to get past LA likely too? Knicks have had an eye on Myles for awhile.....will the Celtics/Pacers trade ever materialize?? We have a lot of pieces that could fit a lot of teams honestly with good tradable salaries. If we want to clean house we could with almost any team in the league.

I think there are a few teams that have guys that no one wants for the money, Westbrook, Wall, Simmons.  Then there are teams like the Pacers who have a bunch of mismatched decent parts on decent contracts but they aren't ones to make moves just to make moves.  

And moving Lavert doesn't make sense to me either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think there are a few teams that have guys that no one wants for the money, Westbrook, Wall, Simmons.  Then there are teams like the Pacers who have a bunch of mismatched decent parts on decent contracts but they aren't ones to make moves just to make moves.  

And moving Lavert doesn't make sense to me either. 

He has had an up and down year for sure. Hard to say what direction we may be going in. A total youth rebuild then I'd say go ahead. I think they want to open up minutes for Duarte....and since they can't move Brogdon it would make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, rico said:

After last night's Pacer win...

''We need to win our fans over and get more people back in the building,'' Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. ''That's important to us.''

My brother-in-law and nephew went to a game a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't believe how bad the attendance was, said they could sit pretty much wherever they wanted. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...