NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

To conceptualize how many threes that is, it's almost one made three pointer per quarter for 17 straight seasons.... without missing a game. 

That's crazy. There is not a current player that could even come close to threatening this record, let alone passing it. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

That's crazy. There is not a current player that could even come close to threatening this record, let alone passing it. 

Yeah...even in an age of players attempting tons of 3's that is an enoromous amount. Not sure who I could even think if they have long enough career could come close (and Steph isn't done for sure). Trae Young??

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...even in an age of players attempting tons of 3's that is an enoromous amount. Not sure who I could even think if they have long enough career could come close (and Steph isn't done for sure). Trae Young??

I realize he's still young (no pun intended), the most 3's he's ever made in a season is 205. Young actually isn't really that great of a 3pt shooter. He's having his best year this year, but last season he was under 35% from 3. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I realize he's still young (no pun intended), the most 3's he's ever made in a season is 205. Young actually isn't really that great of a 3pt shooter. He's having his best year this year, but last season he was under 35% from 3. 

I know Curry kind of got a late start in his career with all his injuries is the only reason I say that perhaps Young has the potential to have something similar someday....but yeah really long shot.

RC has been one of my favorite coaches over the years. To bad when this kind of stuff comes out. I doubt Dirk or JJB feel the same.  Seems another old school coach who doesn't related to kiddies.  He has made it known that he doesn't drafting players under 21.  Obviously Luka is next generation talent who had a ton of pro experience even at 19 so that is different.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32861454/luka-doncic-rick-carlisle-dissolution-their-relationship-comes-next-dallas-mavericks

I think Cuban meddles to much and has undercut RC/Donnie Nelson based on feedback from that analytics guy who is gone now too.  Like the Mitchell/DSJ scenario,  I suspect RC wanted to draft polished SG Bane out of TCU not kiddie Josh Green.  Green just turned 20 and shows promise but was not ready for NBA.  

Duarte is polished player out of college so he sure seemed like a Rick Carlisle kind of pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I wish all the Pacer players would enter the transfer portal.  Down 68-45 at Miami with no Butler, Bam and Tucker.

Didn't let the Brogdon extension because he is s always hurt and now he is out again.  He has already missed 7 games this year.

Sigh.  

The pacers are stuck in mediocrity and now totally suck while everyone else around them made moves to get better.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pacers are a joke. 

I think if we go back in this thread...we all agreed on this. Made no moves to improve the chemistry or talent on this roster...and it shows. Some nice pieces that on playing alongside more talented guys would shine as solid starters...but together...it didn't work before...and it isn't working now...and they just bury their head in the sand. Anyone that can be moved needs to be. Clean sweep except for the rookies...and unfortunately Brogdon who as @IU Scott pointed out....is always hurt...and will always get hurt. Perhaps..perhaps if we clean house and he is able to come back and play he will put up such ungodly stats because he will be the only high level player on the roster that he can regain some value and we ship him off this offseason.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, btownqb said:

Love the coaches attire in the Bucks/Cs game. No basketball coach should coach a game in a suit lol 

Isn't Woody undefeated in the suit?? Not to pick a fight but not sure how that is even a factor of anything...I've never looked at the bench and had that thought lol. Man...that coach looks too professional over there! lol I do like the exclusive gear they have though!!

Edited by dgambill

Speaking of the Celtics...I've caught some replays late at night of some of their games and then it was on in the background at Christmas but I do not think Brown/Tatum will work. I also heard a take on NBA network that also got repeated by another former player on NBA radio that the reason none of all those other draft picks haven't really developed much is because of the iso ball dominant nature of Tatum and Brown. They went down the lineup and mentioned every young player whose game has been stifled because of the nature of their offense and how these young guys would be better served playing somewhere else. Basically said all they do is stand in the corner...and not just Romeo. I think they are right from what I've seen.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Isn't Woody undefeated in the suit?? Not to pick a fight but not sure how that is even a factor of anything...I've never looked at the bench and had that thought lol. Man...that coach looks too professional over there! lol I do like the exclusive gear they have though!!

Have you coached with a suit on? Lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No....but I work in SW Florida in one....just saying nothing wrong with looking your best!

It's like 85 degrees in gyms in Southern Indiana in the winter lol 

Suits gotta go. It's just a very, very strange thing that started. It's literally more difficult to coach in them. 😂

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's like 85 degrees in gym in Southern Indiana in the winter lol 

Suits gotta go. It's just a very, very strange thing that started. It's literally more difficult to coach in them. 😂

This is HS? I thought we were talking college/pros. In that case I'm surprised...not seen many HS coaches in suits....not seen too many HS teachers that can even afford a wardrobe of suits with the crap we pay them...but another topic another day.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This is HS? I thought we were talking college/pros. In that case I'm surprised...not seen many HS coaches in suits....not seen too many HS teachers that can even afford a wardrobe of suits with the crap we pay them...but another topic another day.

Oh dude, tons of HS guys still wearing suits. It just doesn't make sense to coach a sport in a suit. But, regardless, no more derailing this thread!! 😂

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh dude, tons of HS guys still wearing suits. It just doesn't make sense to coach a sport in a suit. But, regardless, no more derailing this thread!! 😂

I'm with you! Not sure why a basketball coach needs to wear a suit? They look so much more relaxed wearing sneakers, some comfortable pants and a quarter-zip or something. 

• Like 1