NBA Thread

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So is the second round pick not Cleveland's original pick.  I wouldn't think their second round would be in tbe early 30's.  I do like the young rookies this year because I think Duarte and Jackson will be starting caliber players.  Also I think Washington can be out microwave off the bench.

Houston’s I believe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

So is the second round pick not Cleveland's original pick.  I wouldn't think their second round would be in tbe early 30's.  I do like the young rookies this year because I think Duarte and Jackson will be starting caliber players.  Also I think Washington can be out microwave off the bench.

It’s Houston’s second rounder. 

• Thanks 1

And, I like the Levert trade.  Accumulate draft capital and use it to maybe move up in the first to gather a second late lottery pick along with the likely top 5 pick they are already going to have.  

Will be a very young team.  Duarte, Jackson and Washington all look like solid players and add to that a top 5 pick and potential late lottery pick and the Pacers could potentially have something in a few years assuming the picks pan out, which is usually a crap shoot.

I would rather see them do this than hang around the middle of the league the next 5 years with no real upside. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Keep seeing Sabonis to the Wizards as the most likely trade, but the Pacers are looking for a couple first round picks and rotation players, similar to the Vucevic trade from Orlando to Chicago.  Maybe they could package Sabonis and Holiday to the Wizards for a decent package in return.  

Heard this morning that the Wizards doesn't have a first round pick that they can trade until 2028

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Heard this morning that the Wizards doesn't have a first round pick that they can trade until 2028

That’s correct. They do have some talented young players and expiring contracts that they would be dealing. Deni Avdija, Rui Hachimura, and Cory Kispert would be names to watch for if a deal with them materializes. I think they may get better offers from other teams though.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Without digging into the details, that sounds like some serious trade mismanagement.  I'd expect the Wizards to be a lot better with that many draft picks already tied up.

1 hour ago, SpiderMonkey said:

And, I like the Levert trade.  Accumulate draft capital and use it to maybe move up in the first to gather a second late lottery pick along with the likely top 5 pick they are already going to have.  

Will be a very young team.  Duarte, Jackson and Washington all look like solid players and add to that a top 5 pick and potential late lottery pick and the Pacers could potentially have something in a few years assuming the picks pan out, which is usually a crap shoot.

I would rather see them do this than hang around the middle of the league the next 5 years with no real upside. 

Agreed. And if we can get more draft capital for Turner and or Sabonis we could be in good shape. 

Looks like Washington has first round picks from Houston and OKC that could potentially be available for 2023, but they are both lottery protected from previous trades and don't look likely to pay off anytime soon as Houston and OKC are in rebuild mode.  Would be surprised to see them picking outside the lottery in the next few years.  

20 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

So what is the story on TJ Warren?  Is he being shopped or in the future Pacer plans?  Will he be able to play this year.  Seems so.  

The last 3 things I read was

1. He'll be ready late November

2. He'll be ready in December

3. He'll be ready in January 

I have no clue what they are saying now.  My guess is sometime in late February.  

Then sometime in March.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I have no clue what they are saying now.  My guess is sometime in late February.  

Then sometime in March.  

Whatever the "time table" is I am sure he is showing progress.  Blah, blah, blah...

21 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

So what is the story on TJ Warren?  Is he being shopped or in the future Pacer plans?  Will he be able to play this year.  Seems so.  

The Pacers are clearly rebuilding or reshaping the roster around younger players. Warren doesn't fit that mold and is on an expiring contract. They are likely shopping him to see if they can get a team to take his contract so that they can have his bird rights in FA this summer in return for a pick or a younger player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Then sometime in March.  

If he's on another roster it won't matter.