NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers are clearly rebuilding or reshaping the roster around younger players. Warren doesn't fit that mold and is on an expiring contract. They are likely shopping him to see if they can get a team to take his contract so that they can have his bird rights in FA this summer in return for a pick or a younger player. 

Seems that they weren't all in on younger players as they had interest in McCollum but that ship has now sailed.  From a Mavs perspctive, they could use him if he could get on the court this year to replace Hardaway's scoring.  I wouldn't give a first because he could walk for nothing plus they can't trade their 1st until 2025.. A couple of seconds maybe. If the Pacers are moving on from Sabonis and Turner, Powell would match his salary and is a good bench player and vet to mix in with young guys for a year.  RC has a lot of history with Powell.

1 minute ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Wow, I love that the Pacers picked up Haliburton.  He can be a star in this league.  Super efficient, great shooter, one of the league leaders in assists.  He will be able to run a fun up tempo offense.  Hate seeing Domas go, but it's time to rebuild and you can do that with Haliburton, Duarte, lottery pick, etc....

You still have a point guard you can't trade because an idiot gave him an extension. Miles Turner should just be cut if you can't deal him for a water cooler or a new mop for the court.

6 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Wow, I love that the Pacers picked up Haliburton.  He can be a star in this league.  Super efficient, great shooter, one of the league leaders in assists.  He will be able to run a fun up tempo offense.  Hate seeing Domas go, but it's time to rebuild and you can do that with Haliburton, Duarte, lottery pick, etc....

I think Jackson can be a starting 4 ad well.  I would love to see the Pacers be in position to draft Jabari Smith from Auburn.

• Like 1

Man this is a really good trade for the Pacers. Possible star in Haliburton and Hield is third in the league on 3's this season. They also create a $6 million trade exception with the deal. I see more moves coming.

Thing that makes me the happiest, probably eliminates them from going after Simmons.

Edited by Hoosier51

Being big Mavs fan,  RC loves Halliburton.  They tried to real hard to move up and draft him the year he was in the draft. 

I think it hard for RC to let Sabonis go but Sabonis just didn't seem all that happy.   RC really likes to run the Pick and Roll.  I disagree that Sabonis doesn't fit what RC wants to do.  Before Powell on the Mavs tore his achilles he was thriving in the PnR with Luka. 

Pacers win this trade.  The injury to Myles led to Sabonis being dealt first.  Haliburton is and will be big time star, higher ceiling than Sabonis.  Myles voiced his pleasure of playing with Haliburton.  Don't think Myles is moved now. 

I could see Hield being moved(lots of suiters were after him) before thursday or during offseason.  I expect Brogdon to be dealt in off-season.  Haliburton and Duarte are your PG and SG for the foreseeable future. 

So far this has been a quick but very successful start to a rebuild.  Pacers could trade up to a top 3 pick if they start winning and enter close to the 9-13 range with their own 1st rd pick plus the cavs 1st rd pick at the end of this season.  This offseason will be one to watch.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Pacers win this trade.  The injury to Myles led to Sabonis being dealt first.  Haliburton is and will be big time star, higher ceiling than Sabonis.  Myles voiced his pleasure of playing with Haliburton.  Don't think Myles is moved now. 

I could see Hield being moved(lots of suiters were after him) before thursday or during offseason.  I expect Brogdon to be dealt in off-season.  Haliburton and Duarte are your PG and SG for the foreseeable future. 

So far this has been a quick but very successful start to a rebuild.  Pacers could trade up to a top 3 pick if they start winning and enter close to the 9-13 range with their own 1st rd pick plus the cavs 1st rd pick at the end of this season.  This offseason will be one to watch.    

It might actually give me some excitement to start watching the Pacers again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just crazy that they would deal Haliburton. Makes absolutely no sense. It's why the Kings are the Kings. 

I would have gotten rid of Fox before Haliburton. Sabonis and Fox seem like a bad pairing since neither are that good of shooters. Kings got rid of their two best three-point shooters, something that Domas needs to be surrounded with. 👍