NBA Thread

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Great trade for the Pacers.

Haliburton, Duarte, Hield, Smith, and Turner could be a fun lineup next year. 

It really is a great trade. The Celtics picked two spots behind the Kings in the 2020 draft and Haliburton was the guy I wanted. 

Was hoping with the Kings already having Fox that he might fall another spot or two, but no dice and we ended up with Aaron Nesmith instead. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It really is a great trade. The Celtics picked two spots behind the Kings in the 2020 draft and Haliburton was the guy I wanted. 

Was hoping with the Kings already having Fox that he might fall another spot or two, but no dice and we ended up with Aaron Nesmith instead. 

Yeah he is a stud. I do think the Pacers need to make a bother more or two, either now or in the off-season, to move on from Turner and/or Brogdon.

If the Pacers do this smart they can have a shorter rebuild than a lot of teams experience. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah he is a stud. I do think the Pacers need to make a bother more or two, either now or in the off-season, to move on from Turner and/or Brogdon.

If the Pacers do this smart they can have a shorter rebuild than a lot of teams experience. 

Agree, and I think they really just fast-forwarded the potential for a quick rebuild today. 

What the Pacers have after these initial moves are assets and flexibility. That's what you need in a rebuild. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

No you keep Sabonis and you dump everyone else. Kevin Pritchard better be gone next week with everyone else.

Pritchard made a great deal. It was the right move to make getting a possible franchise player in Haliburton. Sabonis wasn’t a franchise player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Seems that they weren't all in on younger players as they had interest in McCollum but that ship has now sailed.  From a Mavs perspctive, they could use him if he could get on the court this year to replace Hardaway's scoring.  I wouldn't give a first because he could walk for nothing plus they can't trade their 1st until 2025.. A couple of seconds maybe. If the Pacers are moving on from Sabonis and Turner, Powell would match his salary and is a good bench player and vet to mix in with young guys for a year.  RC has a lot of history with Powell.

I think they just asked about McCollum but I don’t think there was ever anything serious there.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Taking the Sam Bowie approach I see.

I think Jabari Smith is the best player in this draft do I would say he is more of a Hakeem Oluguwan of this draft.

I see 4 really good players in this draft and there is a drop off after those 4.  I am afraid that the Pacers will get like the 5th pick.  I am not really that high on Holmgren ad well because I have seen the Pacers picking guys like Haskins, Hansborough, Plummer and Goga.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Need a big especially now we have Hailburton and Duarte

Who cares. Take the best player. Ivey could play with those other 2. The Pacers don’t need to focus on a certain position with that pick. The later picks that’s fine but not the first one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1