NBA Thread

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just wanted to note that I thought the officiating was fantastic last night. I'm not just saying that because the Celtics won, I posted shortly before halftime when the Warriors were winning that I thought the officiating had been good. 

Warriors fans feverishly venmoing Scott Foster’s account. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Just wanted to note that I thought the officiating was fantastic last night. I'm not just saying that because the Celtics won, I posted shortly before halftime when the Warriors were winning that I thought the officiating had been good. 

I think the Celtics win this series "easily" if these FT numbers continue.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

I think the Celtics win this series "easily" if these FT numbers continue.

Agree. Though would add, from watching the game I dont think this was a matter of the refs letting the Celtics be physical. There were a couple missed calls each way, but last night was actually a very clean, well played and officiated game. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Though would add, from watching the game I dont think this was a matter of the refs letting the Celtics be physical. There were a couple missed calls each way, but last night was actually a very clean, well played and officiated game. 

I thought it was a great officiated game as well.  Helluva ballgame.

• Like 1

Driving around today listening to sports talk there was a lot of criticism of Kerr about taking Curry out after scoring 21 points in the first quarter.  When someone is that hot why take him out right then. Also they said he set around 7 minutes of the second quarter which is to long.

Edited by IU Scott

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Driving around today listening to sports talk there was a lot of criticism of Kerr about taking Curry out after scoring 21 points in the first quarter.  When someone is that hot why take him out right then. Also they said he set around 7 minutes of the second quarter which is to long.

Meh.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Tom Crean's famous philosophy: take him out before he cools off. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To be fair Kerr has done this throughout his tenor at Golden State and generally has worked well. Kerr should be criticized for the loss but not for benching Curry. Of the 41 3 point shots taken by Boston 38 were considered open looks. Golden State's defense was atrocious. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

To be fair Kerr has done this throughout his tenor at Golden State and generally has worked well. Kerr should be criticized for the loss but not for benching Curry. Of the 41 3 point shots taken by Boston 38 were considered open looks. Golden State's defense was atrocious. 

Wow.  Is Kerr the modern day Phil Jackson? He coached the 2 best shooters in the league to a dynasty.  And also had the most unguardable shooter thrown in the mix as well for one chip. 

Let's see how he coaches the rest of the series. 

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wow.  Is Kerr the modern day Phil Jackson? He coached the 2 best shooters in the league to a dynasty.  And also had the most unguardable shooter thrown in the mix as well for one chip. 

Let's see how he coaches the rest of the series. 

To be fair Kerr has done this throughout his tenor at Golden State and generally has worked well because he has had top all-time great shooters surrounding Curry. Kerr should be criticized for the loss but not for benching Curry. Of the 41 3 point shots taken by Boston 38 were considered open looks. Golden State's defense was atrocious. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

To be fair Kerr has done this throughout his tenor at Golden State and generally has worked well because he has had top all-time great shooters surrounding Curry. Kerr should be criticized for the loss but not for benching Curry. Of the 41 3 point shots taken by Boston 38 were considered open looks. Golden State's defense was atrocious. 

I meant in the history of the league.  But yeah, I don't think Kerr or Jackson are some coaching geniuses.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Celtics lost control. The turnovers were a killer once again, just like in several games against Miami. 

Unlike last game, the officials made themselves part of the story. They basically allowed Draymond Green play football tonight. 

Just one example, but this was called a foul on Grant Williams!?!? 

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Celtics lost control. The turnovers were a killer once again, just like in several games against Miami. 

Unlike last game, the officials made themselves part of the story. They basically allowed Draymond Green play football tonight. 

Just one example, but this was called a foul on Grant Williams!?!? 

I absolutely can't stand Green but there was a lot of acting like I wasn't in your way or doing anything but falling in the same direction you were clearly trying to go by both of those guys last night.  It borderlines on high basketball iq because it's allowed with a combination of poor sportsmanship, tarnishing the game and making it nearly unwatchable.  It's like when LeBron acts like a sniper hit him in the head with a 50 cal only to watch the replay and the opponents elbow or hand was actually 2.5 inches away from his face.  Just stop.  It's embarrassing.  Green is up there as one of the worst.  He was Grayson Allen before Grayson Allen.  Somehow smart but somehow really really dumb. Tucker, Lowry.  Every team has these guys.  Who is to blame?  Tony Parker, Ginobli?  The euro factor?  The league and officials?  How do you stop it?  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I absolutely can't stand Green but there was a lot of acting like I wasn't in your way or doing anything but falling in the same direction you were clearly trying to go by both of those guys last night.  It borderlines on high basketball iq because it's allowed with a combination of poor sportsmanship, tarnishing the game and making it nearly unwatchable.  It's like when LeBron acts like a sniper hit him in the head with a 50 cal only to watch the replay and the opponents elbow or hand was actually 2.5 inches away from his face.  Just stop.  It's embarrassing.  Green is up there as one of the worst.  He was Grayson Allen before Grayson Allen.  Somehow smart but somehow really really dumb. Tucker, Lowry.  Every team has these guys.  Who is to blame?  Tony Parker, Ginobli?  The euro factor?  The league and officials?  How do you stop it?  

That European soccer thing known as flopping has a trickle down effect.

• Like 1