NBA Thread

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It's mind-boggling. Their blowing this game. 

I think they will still find a way I honestly do. But dang young guys just not playing smart and getting away from what they do well. To credit GS defense has been better. Best couple mins they’ve had. 

Just now, dgambill said:

But that is what Boston should have been doing. Good challenge but refs will likely call that in heat of moment favoring aggressor 

I would argue we did that a lot most of the game until the last 3 minutes. Nobody got calls that weak. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

You’re probably right but overturning it is tough. Al wasn’t straight up IMO but also the contact only happened because of Curry’s off arm. 

It seemed like a pretty cut and dry overturn to me. Horford didn't touch him at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That was one bad call…but you know I’m right you guys were best getting into the lane and collapsing the defense. Call aside

Yes, we lost because we stopped doing that and went into the prevent offense and just blew this game. 

I guess though, what's even the point of having challenges if that's the result? It was clearly without a doubt not a foul. 

There’s a lot from that game that can be said, but Steph and Kerr deserve major props.

Steph was a resume game. Was 2/8 from three at one point and finished 7/14, 40+ points, just unreal.

Kerr really only got a great game out of one guy, but he kept tinkering and put his team in a position to win. Taking out Dray is no easy thing and a lesser coach probably doesn’t do it. 

• Like 2

Just now, BGleas said:

Yes, we lost because we stopped doing that and went into the prevent offense and just blew this game. 

I guess though, what's even the point of having challenges if that's the resul? It was clearly without a doubt not a foul. 

You are correct. I’m sure it will be all anyone talks about all weekend. Most of the media is in the Celtic corner. I like both these teams because they have played a caliber and type of basketball I enjoy. So I’m happy for more games lol. Not that the call effected the end of the game much but it was an easy overturn imo as well.

Just now, BGleas said:

Yup, the Celtics shrunk in the moment. The Warriors used that championship DNA. 

Yeah, they did.

I do think when you look at the future of the East the Celts and Bucks will make up the majority of the Finals over the next 6-8 years. Obviously you guys can still win it this year, but this group will win at least one if not multiple titles IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There’s a lot from that game that can be said, but Steph and Kerr deserve major props.

Steph was a resume game. Was 2/8 from three at one point and finished 7/14, 40+ points, just unreal.

Kerr really only got a great game out of one guy, but he kept tinkering and put his team in a position to win. Taking out Dray is no easy thing and a lesser coach probably doesn’t do it. 

I’m not a huge Kerr fan…but can’t argue there.

Just now, dgambill said:

7 3s….and I’m not sure any of them were good shots.

Good is debatable. Most of them were really clean, open looks. But I agree, in that situation you need to get something going to the basket. 

It's crazy to me how weak Tatum was tonight when driving. Am underrated and under-talked about thing in this series is that Tatum is shooting under 40% from the field inside the 3pt line in this series.